AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have contacts with some of our smaller newspapers here and with one of the larger ones, so I might be able to get them rerun in the papers here. My dentist also puts up every missing flier that he sees, be it for a child, a wallet, or a family pet, so I know he will post one. I'll make some copies of my copies and run them up to Port Huron (Michigan/Ontario border) so in case they pulled a really fast one (missing from San Antonio, headed for Canada) his face will be out there.

If you don't want to sign up for Websleuths, but you would like to contribute to our effort to bring Gabriel home, you can have fliers printed (if you ask, many print shops will do this for free.) Hand them out and post them up in your local area. You may think that you are nowhere near where this child went missing, but it's been weeks now, and Gabriel could be anywhere. You can also contact your local media (radio and TV stations, newspapers, etc) and ask them to run Gabriel's story, ask them for follow ups, or ask them to post his flier on their websites etc. The point is, that if we show interest in Gabriel's story, the media will take that cue and get more involved.

PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD.

I'm in the midwest, but have printed 25 flyers on my own color printer. I'll take a few out this evening, and more tomorrow.

I plan to post them at WalMart, convenience stores near highways, the mall, and anywhere else I can think of. I'll also see if I can get some posted at local schools. Who knows if some sophmore girl might have been asked to babysit a new kid in the neighborhood!

Oh, what about daycare centers?!?

Another suggestion...
I live in South Georgia and not sure how much help distributing fliers will do, but, I just talked to my son's school teacher who is willing to take fliers and attach them to the weekly papers on Friday to be sent home to parents. The only thing she asked was for me to fold each flier and staple it at the top so that it doesn't alarm the children. These will go into their folders at the end of the week...

Maybe those in San Antonio can either contact their school districts or the teachers to see if you can distribute fliers this way. I also will ask with mine that copies are made and parents distribute them anywhere they can.

GREAT IDEA !!! :clap::clap::clap:

For anyone who can put up flyers, Gabriel's family has a new poster they prepared, that they ask people to use.

picture.php

The file is available in different sizes and formats for both printing or posting online:

It's available as a PDF file on docstoc here:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23304781/Gabe

It's also available on the family's Bring Home Gabriel Facebook. No Facebook account is necessary to access it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...al&view=global&subj=251236072296&id=506740741

It's available in photobucket here:
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/rmorgan2379/GabeMissingPosterVigil.jpg

BUMP for anyone who needs this for fliers, including guest readers. ;)

You all are just the best people in the world, and I love all of you for your good, good hearts. It is an honor to post with you all here.

:blowkiss:

I absolutely adore Websleuths, you too BeanE and all the other posters here that have such commitment and compassion. It's an honor to be associated with such a brilliant, loving, dedicated group of people. :kisses:

From MissingGabe:

MissingGabe thinks Eliz may have taken Gabe to a doctor, so any flyers that can be put at hospitals, clinics, doctor's offices, in SA would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------

I think Eliz would have gone the inexpensive route on this, so community clinics, free clinics, etc.

Also, I'm thinking pharmacies near the hotels, or stores like Walmart etc that sell over the counter baby medications such as Tylenol.

If Gabe was sick, then whoever may have him may also have taken him to a doctor, and also visited a drugstore.

Kwik Kopy
972-772-5700
972-772-5052 Fax
kkbc-rockwall@kwikkopy.com

ETA: This is for the person who wanted the order at Kinko's in Forney and that Kinko's was unable to do it. Sorry, I'm a little behind.

This one takes a day to get a price quote so hopefully by tomorrow i will have it ordered. it is 1am where i live so i have to call it a day. if you could please just put any other requests you get today in one post at i think it will be easier than trying to look through everything i've missed to find them all. i don't really know how WS works but if there is a way for me to get you my email address it might be easier than posting everything. Thanks again and I will check back tomorrow.

This one takes a day to get a price quote so hopefully by tomorrow i will have it ordered. it is 1am where i live so i have to call it a day. if you could please just put any other requests you get today in one post at i think it will be easier than trying to look through everything i've missed to find them all. i don't really know how WS works but if there is a way for me to get you my email address it might be easier than posting everything. Thanks again and I will check back tomorrow.

Try this one instead (for the same sleuther)
The UPS Store # 0862
1515 N TOWN EAST BLVD, STE 138
MESQUITE, TX 75150-4142 - USA
Pack & Ship Promise Location*
Phone: (972)613-5100

ETA: lp34 you can send me an email at sleuthernewmommy@yahoo.com. Then I will have your email addy to send these requests to.
Will people start sending all flier requests to me through PM or Visitor Messages? I will gather them and get them to lp34 periodically.

I would love to know if the colonic offices of the Smith's have flyers up. I highly doubt it :(

Thanks everyone for your efforts and help today. I'm sorry that I didn't have a better system down for the flier operation.
You guys are all so very great. I'm absolutely amazed at what I've seen today and I just hope it helps to bring Gabriel home. Luv you guys.

From MissingGabe:

MissingGabe thinks Eliz may have taken Gabe to a doctor, so any flyers that can be put at hospitals, clinics, doctor's offices, in SA would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------

I think Eliz would have gone the inexpensive route on this, so community clinics, free clinics, etc.

Also, I'm thinking pharmacies near the hotels, or stores like Walmart etc that sell over the counter baby medications such as Tylenol.

If Gabe was sick, then whoever may have him may also have taken him to a doctor, and also visited a drugstore.

I put fliers in every Doctor's office and clinic here in town as well as at the hospital ER. Just thinking that with the rash on his face, the teething and all that goes along with that, that if a couple does have him they might need to visit a Dr., clinic, or hospital ER.

MyLilElves,
Thank you for your contribution to ordering fliers. I'm sure Gabe's family is eternally grateful.

did you ladies/gents see the CLARIFACTION tweet?? it's in caps like that.

I put fliers in every Doctor's office and clinic here in town as well as at the hospital ER. Just thinking that with the rash on his face, the teething and all that goes along with that, that if a couple does have him they might need to visit a Dr., clinic, or hospital ER.

Perfect! You're the best, mom :-)

:blowkiss:

i also posted this on facebook... but I think that connecting with craigslist and posting his info and pictures there will also help. If anybody is up for that... there are many locations in Texas, Arizona, florida, tennessee etc that have different craigstlist sites.

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/az
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/tx
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/tn

you can pick one there and then go to the community section in the upper left and post to lost and found there.

I'm wondering what a flier sized ad in each of Texas' major and mid-sized newspapers would run? I'd be willing to contribute.
Here's a list of Texas newspapers http://www.texasforclark.com/tx_papers.htm

Great idea!

Also, what about free newspapers, Auto Trader, the little newspapers you see in grocery stores and convenience stores. A lot of them have free or very inexpensive ads, and they may even run the ads at no cost.

Ives, or another SA local,
Can we try to get fliers to these locations that are directly surrounding the Homegates Hotel that EJ stayed at: (Especially the two hospitals)

University of Texas San Antonio, San Antonio Rose Palace, Ultramar Diamond Shamrock Corporate Headquarters, The world renown Cornerstone Church with Pastor Hagee, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Southwest Texas Medical Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Col. Raymond Russell Park, Rim Shopping Center, Palladium IMAX Theatre, Shops at Lacantera, Outdoor World, Valero Texas Open and SeaWorld of Texas, University Health Systems

I get mailers full of ads and coupons for local stores, and they always have missing children's pictures in them. I'll be darned if I can find one around the house. I think it's called Val-Pak? Something like that?

Yes, Val-Pak

Also, school's and local cities/businesses could put the flyer up on their websites? That should be easy for them to do.

I get mailers full of ads and coupons for local stores, and they always have missing children's pictures in them. I'll be darned if I can find one around the house. I think it's called Val-Pak? Something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member