AZ AZ - Globe vicinity, Gila Co, WhtMale UP7206, 45-55, notepad w/Louie T Valdivio, Mar’88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
Unidentified Person
NamUs #UP7206
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

C587048B-C49A-4D21-ADF6-F2F1DDC636F8.jpeg

boot

Date Body Found:
March 17, 1988
Location Found: Globe vicinity, Gila County, Arizona

Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years): 45-55
Estimated Year of Death: 1986-1987
Estimated PMI: Years
Estimated Height: 5' 9"(69 inches)
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: 9cm in length, 5% to 10% gray
Eye Color: Unknown

Scar/mark: The decedent suffered from trauma to the right side of his body as a child or adolescent. The right temple and behind the right ear may have been abnormal or scarred due to previous trauma. The right arm may have been slightly disfigured or smaller in size with limited movement.

Other distinctive physical characteristic: The decedent may have had gout (according to skeletal pathology), exhibited in both wrists and hands, most prominent on the left side.

Clothing: Blue down jacket, "Recreational Equipment, Inc." brand, size small Blue denim shirt with western-style pearl colored buttons, "Jean Joint" brand, size 14-14.5 T-shirt Blue denim pants, "Levi's" brand, size unknown Brown belt with two parallel rows of eyelets, a knife sheath or case over the left front part of the belt Blue stocking cap (On the Body)
Footwear: White socks with blue trim Blue socks Brown boots, "Sears" brand, size unknown (described as hiking boots) (On the Body)

Jewelry: White metal necklace with pendant (On the Body)
Accessories: Carved pipe (wooden pipe); blue nylon wallet; Compass in a purple cloth case; Swiss army knife, red, found in sheath on belt; note pad with the name "Louie T Valdivio" and a poem or lyric. (Near the Body)

Investigating Agencies

- Gila County Sheriff's Office
(928) 474-2208
Agency Case Number: 0572-88

- Pima County Medical Examiner's Office
Bruce Anderson, Forensic Anthropologist
(520) 724-8600
Agency Case Number: ML88-0304

So apparently Globe is the name of the town (Globe vicinity sounded like outer space to me lol), and I think the last name is ValdiviA (possible first name Luis). Somebody has got to be missing this guy. He could have had both parents and kids at this age, and it sounds like he was in a heck of an accident when he was young. I wish we could see more than the boot, and of course I wonder what the lyrics/poem said.

So apparently Globe is the name of the town (Globe vicinity sounded like outer space to me lol), and I think the last name is ValdiviA (possible first name Luis). Somebody has got to be missing this guy. He could have had both parents and kids at this age, and it sounds like he was in a heck of an accident when he was young. I wish we could see more than the boot, and of course I wonder what the lyrics/poem said.
Good to know about Globe, I thought the same thing you did :D

I agree that it is probably Valdivia. I did a quick search on Ancestry but didn’t come up with much. The majority of the records matching that name were from Mexico and California, FWIW. But most of them did have the spelling with an “a” rather than the “o”.

I’d imagine the items found “near the body” did belong to him and there’s a slim chance they were random or unrelated. It always drives me crazy when there’s a name associated with an UID that may be completely irrelevant. Which is usually the case.

His clothing is of good quality, so it is certainly possible that he had stable existence in regard to living conditions. His jacket is from REI, an upmarket outdoor outfitter, Levi’s pants, and a Western style shirt with detailing. His boots are leather, and Sears footwear of this type were mid-market. Swiss Army knives aren’t cheap. The brand Jean Joint sounded unusual, so I tried researching it. The business in existence today called Jean Joint was founded after our UID’s discovery, but there was a defunct business in Philadelphia, PA with this name.

Perhaps his name really is Valdivio, and we should be looking much farther away for his identity.

Something kind of interesting when I did a search of newspapers. Several “Louise Valdivia(o)s” arrested in California and a couple of sports articles with that name in them...hard to know if any of them could be him though. A lot of the results were of horse races. Different years and different locations. Here are some examples. I don’t know anything about the races but I’m assuming these are the names of the horses and their riders maybe? (See 2nd race on the larger screenshot)
https://www.newspapers.com

ETA: Not saying this guy was a jockey, but maybe if he did write this name down, it was something other than his own name.

Last edited:
His clothing is of good quality, so it is certainly possible that he had stable existence in regard to living conditions. His jacket is from REI, an upmarket outdoor outfitter, Levi’s pants, and a Western style shirt with detailing. His boots are leather, and Sears footwear of this type were mid-market. Swiss Army knives aren’t cheap. The brand Jean Joint sounded unusual, so I tried researching it. The business in existence today called Jean Joint was founded after our UID’s discovery, but there was a defunct business in Philadelphia, PA with this name.

Perhaps his name really is Valdivio, and we should be looking much farther away for his identity.
Good info! Yes, Valdivio isn’t at all uncommon!

The items found were pretty much definitely his, imo - "Mummified remains discovered by hunters in remote mountainous region." So like you guys said, he could have been from anywhere.

Joseph Bertone – The Charley Project
The Joe Bertone Murder: Pittsburgh Hoodlum's Death & Disappearance Remains A Mystery Over 30 Years Later - The Gangster Report

Interestingly, Joe’s widow’s name is Louise and an associate’s name is Louie. May be a coincidence. What are the odds of a mob style execution from Pennsylvania ending in Arizona? I don’t know much about those types of murders.

David Robert Hursell – The Charley Project

CA - CA - David Hursell, 24, El Dorado County, 12 Jan 1987 (ETA: I just realized the estimated age of the UID was 45-55 not 25-55...he seemed like a descent possibility)

“Comer was apprehended by authorities in Arizona shortly after Hursell's January 1987 disappearance. He was driving Hursell's truck at the time of his arrest and was connected to his disappearance at that time. In 1988, Comer was convicted of an unrelated Arizona murder and sentenced to death.”

Last edited:
I did some web searches on the name Valdivio, and it came up mainly as a first name, not a surname. So perhaps it is Valdivia... Perhaps an "a" was printed in an ink that deteriorated outdoors and ended up looking like an "o." There are and were people living in Arizona with the Valdivia surname.

Bumping up case. This would be an interesting one for genetic genealogy. It's too bad they didn't try to make a reconstruction of his face or include a photo of the note pad writings.

Also, does this gentleman have any known rule-outs?

MP101162 on NamUs caught my attention.
53-year-old male, initials EWL, 5'10", missing from Globe since 1986.

SBBM
Jean Joint in Philly was associated with a discount clothing store, The Big Store. Their radio ads advertised both simultaneously, "Jean Joint and Big Store". I still remember the jingle. Jean Joints were also found well outside Philly, while IIRC The Big Store was really just Philly area.

edited for general rewording

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67