AZ AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, Wht/Hisp Fem, 11-17, nail file case "P" & "R", Oct'58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 450100

View attachment 450117View attachment 450116
Aww, the first is such an adorable picture. It is sad she was never found. Going by the second picture though, I did a side by side comparison of her with little Miss X's NCMEC reconstruction. And I think the nose is just too different. The width and shape are completely different.

Aww, the first is such an adorable picture. It is sad she was never found. Going by the second picture though, I did a side by side comparison of her with little Miss X's NCMEC reconstruction. And I think the nose is just too different. The width and shape are completely different.
Weren't the remains skeletal? It can be difficult to accurately recreate nose shape with only a skull.

I was able to find the origins behind the sketch of her, and evidence of a clay bust being made. It was made in around 1969 by Barton Wright, if we didn't know that at this point. Am I misreading the details about a possible clay bust or am I right?

I was able to find the origins behind the sketch of her, and evidence of a clay bust being made. It was made in around 1969 by Barton Wright, if we didn't know that at this point. Am I misreading the details about a possible clay bust or am I right?
Of note also is the fact that this article says she was either "Mexican, [Native American], or Mexican-Caucasian". They seem fairly confident that Little Miss X was not white.

The Doe Network says the cause of death was homicide, but gives no details. Does anyone know if it was determined just how she died?

The Doe Network says the cause of death was homicide, but gives no details. Does anyone know if it was determined just how she died?
I don't believe so. Her death certificate just says "Unknown."

I wonder if they still have her hair in evidence.
They've made great strides in creating DNA profiles from rootless hair strands.

I wonder if they still have her hair in evidence.
They've made great strides in creating DNA profiles from rootless hair strands.
This is also what I'm hoping. The photos of the evidence look too high quality to be from the 60s. They may be from the 70s or so, which is after they lost the remains. I hope they're still packed away in an evidence locker.

This is also what I'm hoping. The photos of the evidence look too high quality to be from the 60s. They may be from the 70s or so, which is after they lost the remains. I hope they're still packed away in an evidence locker.
I wouldn't use that as a metric - people really underestimate the quality of slide film. I do hope that they have evidence saved, though.

It was not. Though suffocation or stabbing would be my guess. Or maybe an overdose. If she had been strangled, beaten or shot they should have been able to tell.

Did you hear anything back from NAMUS about that bust?
Just got an email back:

"Thanks for passing this along. I’ll reach out to Coconino County to see if they have any information for a clay bust reconstruction to be added to the case."

I can now say that if Coconino County has a clay bust of Little Miss X, it will probably be added to her NamUs in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
"Homicide" was based on this quote from a sourced article on her Doe page "“But it was investigated as a homicide the whole time,” said Joe Sumner, volunteer investigator for the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office cold case unit." No manner of death has been released to my knowledge.

Has Evelyn Grace Hartley ever been considered as a possible match for Little Miss X? I would say that Evelyn looks like the Little Miss X reconstruction created by the NCMEC.

JMO But I would personally be beyond shocked if Little Miss X was Evelyn. I am certain that Evelyn died in Wisconsin that night inside that house. I think her remains were buried in the woods. MOO

JMO But I would personally be beyond shocked if Little Miss X was Evelyn. I am certain that Evelyn died in Wisconsin that night inside that house. I think her remains were buried in the woods. MOO
In many cases they may have somewhat unexpected answers, none of us know what happened to Evelyn at that time so it is not unreasonable to think that she could have gotten to Arizona in different ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back