Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video on page 25 says:

Sergio and Rebecca Celis have separated at the request of CPS.

So they were/are still together, it is not like RC left SC or the other way around, they separated at the request of CPS.

WTH?? Can CPS make them do this??

CPS probably specified a physical separation so that the boys would not be living with or otherwise in contact with their father. Of course CPS cannot control the marital or relationship status of a couple and why would they?

They are dealing with the childrens' welfare and as such they can dictate the conditions and terms of a child's placement (such as no access to the parent who is legally barred from contacting said children).

I've dealt with CPS before and they come to you with a "safety plan". They typically present it as if you have no choice (sign this agreement saying dad will move out and not be around the children or we will send the kids to foster care). In reality though, if you don't agree to it, then they would have to get a court order from a judge before they could really enforce anything (CPS alone does not have the power to remove the children, except maybe temporarily for a couple days in some states).

If the parents don't know any better and just agree to the safety plan - NO PROOF is required for this. CPS could be acting on a tip or a hunch or anything without any evidence to back it up.

As far as getting charged, that takes more time and more proof. CPS typically acts first and then builds their case. The police typically build their case and then act. Once CPS has finished their investigation, they will then turn all of their notes over to the DA who then decides if there is enough evidence for the police to open and investigation and charge him with something.

So for those of us on the East Coast the presser will be at 6. Now that I posted this there is less of a chance of me going crazy at 3 looking for it like I did last week and the week before.

Maybe Vinnie politan will carry, he's been talkin about the C family a lot

It is not a secret anymore that they havent been a couple for a while, it was all an act for the cameras to show a unified front at the beginning of the case.

Source for that, please?

Source for that, please?

Yea I did clarify a post or two later that it is just what I am hearing from people around town and at the office, that they have not been a couple for a while but came together when this happened to show a united front, which is understandable.

But CBS has also reported that she is his EX WIFE...

The problem is I have not found any legal documents to support that, looking though.

Yea I did clarify a post or two later that it is just what I am hearing from people around town and at the office, that they have not been a couple for a while but came together when this happened to show a united, which is understandable.

Ok, but just so it's stated as such, because there is just as much "buzz" around town to the contrary.

I watched the video of RC in front of her home for the first time just now, she does seem much more friendly and open IMO. Maybe it is the unofficial video setting, her in her environment, maybe it is progress in the case, maybe it is being away from SC.

The part that I don't get is all the secrecy about if they were together, apart, whatever. Even in Catholic families, it is not so taboo that they would hide a separation from the whole community even before Isa was missing. I don't understand why it wouldn't have been open, public knowledge. "we are separated but maintain a close relationship for the benefit of our children, we were not involved in her disappearance and are committed to working together to bring her home"...something like that would be perfectly acceptable if said at the GMA interview. I know divorce is hard, but being so common in this day and age, I see no reason that RC and SC would have been "secretly separated long ago but living as a happy couple". They are both young, healthy, and employed, if they wanted to divorce, why would they not divorce and move on with their lives and share custody and live openly with that choice, as so many families do these days? I just don't get it, so I am still believing they were a married couple and the separation is new.

What I wonder is, does RC know the full reason why SC has been denied contact w the boys? Do you all think CPS told her the full story, or told her "we are making this call but cannot explain to you the reason because it is part of our ongoing investigation"? Do you all think RC and SC are in communication with each other?

FWIW maybe Sergio was telling the boys what to say to the police, or maybe that's been mentioned before, I keep thinking about the little "balloon boy" who threw up because his Dad wanted him to lie or to mislead police, but if that's the case he must have something to hide.

This ^^^^^ is what I believe happened. I think the boys went back to school,and I know from working in the school system, that they would have been taken in to see the principal or the counselor, at some point, to see how they were coping. I believe one or both of the boys opened up at that point and said they were feeling pressure from their father for some reason. [i.e. either they felt pressured to say something untrue, or not to say something they may have seen or heard, etc etc.]

If they told a teacher or counselor something like that, it would have been reported immediately. And I am sure that LE has already been in and around that school interviewing their teachers so the communication was already open.

Let's assume that this facade was for the benefit of the children, to shield them from the truth while BC and SC decided how to proceed in their relationship. Why would you need to lie about that to LE? If BC wasn't even in the home overnight, why lie about that?

I am not sure they lied to LE about that, but told LE it was "sensitive info" and the official story was created. It does not say ANYWHERE that Becky stayed in the home. I keep reading for that, and finding that she "was asleep before Isa" and "went to work before anyone went to wake Isa". Neither statement says she was in THAT house doing these things. It was carefully worded to avoid saying that she was, explains the "custody" thing, and the reluctance to say whether she checked on the kids before work. Answering that (IF she was staying elsewhere that night) would have been problematic for the purposes of the "official story" so that was a "no comment." There was no urgency by LE to get to the bottom of what time RC left for work or arrived there, possibly because it was irrelevant if she was not in the home at all.

Yea I did clarify a post or two later that it is just what I am hearing from people around town and at the office, that they have not been a couple for a while but came together when this happened to show a united front, which is understandable.

The problem is I have not found any legal documents to support that, looking though.

I understand what media is saying. I was questioning the passing along of rumor. I thought rumor was not allowed on WS.

Also, I find it amusing that when MSM gets it wrong, it's characterized as spreading "chum." But when rumor is posted here, it's just, well, "buzz" and if it turns out to be wrong, well, no big deal.

Here, the Saturday early evening news had half a minute about the dad not being able to contact the children, and that "police were talking to" him.

Sloppy reporting, maybe, but I'm still wondering.

WTH?? Can CPS make them do this??

Wish CPS/LE could have found a way to separate Jeremy and DB. NOTHING works on them. They stick together like glue. LE is not even llowed to talk to them individually :banghead:

I understand what media is saying. I was questioning the passing along of rumor. I thought rumor was not allowed on WS.

Also, I find it amusing that when MSM gets it wrong, it's characterized as spreading "chum." But when rumor is posted here, it's just, well, "buzz" and if it turns out to be wrong, well, no big deal.

I think that is because "news" reporters are held to a higher standard than internet forum posters, as they should be.

It is not a secret anymore that they havent been a couple for a while, it was all an act for the cameras to show a unified front at the beginning of the case.

IF SC is a theatrical performer he needs to seek another profession..JMHO
Also, IF true they were both putting on a act for the cameras, they BOTH failed miserably.. They never looked unified to me..JMHO

I remember the reports earlier, about LE interviewing the boys friends. I wonder if they were asking the boys about 'coach' and how he acted around the kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18