AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most agonizing moment is when Rebecca makes the connection that she didn't go in Isa's room to check on her. Heart wrenching!

Wow. I don't know who to believe anymore. Holy smokes. The only one who sounded genuine to me was the neighbor.

I agree, I am at a loss to explain anything about this case anymore.

I do think, however, we will be in for a big surprise sooner rather than later.

The abode walls around houses in the deserts are, in part, to keep out critters...JMO
I live in NM...the homes near me by the mountain have them, as there are lots of coyotes and they take away dogs and kitties who are let outside...:( Not to mention snakes around.

I have very high walls here at my home as well, less than 1/10 mile from the Celis home. It's a very urban neighborhood, but there is a lot of untamed desert and a wash or two nearby. Which means a lot of critters. Coyotes and Javelinas pop over for a visit quite often. Anyway, my point is that most of the homes here have high walls, and speaking for myself it's not because I'm hiding from someone. JMO :)

I get your question....

Say SC has some serious money issues, stages the house to look like a kidnapping, knows where the daughter is. Tries to raise money through donations, gets the amount he needs and Isa is "found" or "released"

It's a fair enough question to consider it being a hoax.

There is no evidence that they had current money issues though. They were current on their home and had been able to sell the other home they had in 2010 or sometime in 2011, iirc.

I dont think this is a hoax at all. I wish I did believe that.

IMO

RC says, "I went to work this morning at seven and um, I just, and I didn't even come and check on her, I should have come and checked on her."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18395708/celis-911-call-someone-broke-in-and-grabbed-her

I had to check the transcripts to make sure I heard that correctly. Poor RC, sounds like she's blaming herself. MOO

I think these 911 tapes are answering some of our questions about the timeline. MOO

Yea that was heartbreaking to hear that. I think Becky is genuine and sincere.

Wow.. Ive suspected Sergio from day one.. and his 911 call still blew me away.. its like he's calling about a lost shoe.

ITA about the lost shoe. :(

He was beyond calm. He greeted the 911 operator. He chuckled after telling the operator that he told his wife to get her butt home. He chuckled again to the 911 operator when he was describing how he watched the Diamondback’s game the night before. (Good grief. Peter Hyatt is going to have a field day with this call.)

Hmmmm
Sergio sounds calm. Not collected and in charge calm, but calm as in 'this is not a big huge emergency'. He knew immediately what he was doing, watching, saying the night before. He was up at 12 watching sports, etc. Maybe he is great under pressure.
I don't know if this makes him seem more suspicious to me. It sure makes RC seem LESS suspicious to me.

Dad calls and at the same time the dispatcher says she thinks his son is on the other line. Son calls while dad is on the phone with dispatcher.

The dispatcher says the son is now on the phone with 911 at the end of the call (about 7 minute call) with Sergio...

Quoting Sergio: "I believe she was abducted from my house." :what:

WTF!! DH and/or I probably show more emotion when we order carry-out :D

I agree, it is always better during a crisis to immediately begin running around pulling your hair out and screaming at the top of your lungs, at times like that remaining calm, cool and collected and keep your head straight is going to do nothing to solve your problem.

I tend to be very calm and controlled during a crisis. It is the only way I can be. If I let emotion start to take control, I would be a mess. I would hate to be judged for remaining calm :what:

The SC call sounds like a formality, he sounds as if he is ordering a pizza. He doe's not have much of a sense of urgency as if this is something which happens all the time or like he is just calling in to make it known his daughter is not home. He states an aliby instead of the circumstances like the window. He is too jovial about the situation, he does not seem to exhibit any concern over needing an officer to come quick. It really sounds like he merely called in to simply get the call out of the way to cover his bases... like okay... I handed off the daughter, staged the window and made it look like a kidnapping, called mom and told her to come home, now I will call 911. ERRRT WAIT hold the phone... back up here a second, whats wrong with this picture... He should have dialed 911 FIRST not dispatched kids to go looking for her and call the Mom. He does not sound like he went running around looking for her either, he sounds like he is just making the call. I know even when the dog goes missing I would be out of breath and speaking alittle quick from looking around... Sounds pretty hinky.

It appears that the older son was with another man who was driving him.

A – Yeah, I can go ask my dad, I gotta…

Q – Okay. Stay with me on the phone and go ask him.

A – Alright. Can you take me down to…

A1 – (unidentified male) Yeah, yeah, yeah. Come with me.

A – Hold on, I gotta drive back to my house.

Q – You're driving?

A – To get back to my house.

Q – Okay.

A – Someone's gonna give me a ride home.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18395708/celis-911-call-someone-broke-in-and-grabbed-her

Probably running around and looking.

Found it! A neighbor is driving him home.

"A – Hold on, I gotta drive back to my house.

Q – You're driving?

A – To get back to my house.

Q – Okay.

A – Someone's gonna give me a ride home."

Becky's call was hard to listen to. I have only called 911 once in my life (so far) and the way she sounded was very believable to me. I could literally hear it dawning on her during the call that she didn't check on Isa and the regret and horror she was feeling at that thought.

I don't want to comment yet on Sergio's call. I'm still letting that one sink in.

Hmmmm
Sergio sounds calm. Not collected and in charge calm, but calm as in 'this is not a big huge emergency'. He knew immediately what he was doing, watching, saying the night before. He was up at 12 watching sports, etc. Maybe he is great under pressure.
I don't know if this makes him seem more suspicious to me. It sure makes RC seem LESS suspicious to me.

Yes but at that time youre not thinking the worse and are likely assuming she is down the street or something, I seriously doubt youre considering a perp came in and took her from her bed in that first hour. Youre calling the police thinking she is nearby or something probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking