AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just floored that in the radio show the parents gave so much info concerning the donations, but yet not one time did they talk to Isabel or speak to someone who might be holding her to please let her go. How could you not speak to your child who would be, scared, lonely, and wanting to go home? Just to say "Isabel we love you, we're looking for you, don't give up.", and not beg an abductor to have mercy and let her go home? But we now know by thier interview where to send donations and how, just sayin'. These parents might have nothing to do with Isabel's disappearance, but I have absolutely no respect for them.

But at least we know the tee shirts are doing well. :rolleyes:

ETA: Sorry, SC said the "little purple bracelets", not tee shirts. And funny how the FIRST thing RC says when the hosts asked how they could help was "Volunteers and donations".

Gosh, I've been searching for SIS-DIVERSION and not liking the results. It seems SIS probably stands for Southwest Intervention Services. They conduct court approved diversion programs. I have been unable to find any diversion programs, thus far, that would have any relevance to loose or unlicensed dogs. . . but, worse than that, I'm liking even less the areas in which they do seem to have expertise.

Anyone? :dunno:

First off : IC ...I am praying for you!

and feel haunted by this case.

:-(

I believe a continuance is when a judge at one of the attorneys motion- just ...puts off (prolongs) the case as " ongoing" perhaps due to any number of reasons: new charges, new attorney, possibly a new district or under some loophole they would be able to lump differing defense to addition, or some event which would have made defending the case impossible at that point. I would think given the circus around poor Isa's "abduction" is enough on it's own to get a continuance.

So a continuance is like a " rain date"/reprieve. But, I don't think that infers any dropped charges.

i'm just going by what this says; looks like yet again a C will get a dismissal:

"The Traffic Safety and General Diversion programs are run in collaboration with Southwestern Intervention Services (S.I.S.) and Tucson City Court.

Diversion provides many first-time offenders of specified categories of misdemeanors an opportunity to participate in relevant counseling rather than proceeding through the court system and establishing a criminal record. Through counseling and classes, participants are guided toward alternative methods of managing and understanding the kind of behavior that lead to criminal activity.

Participants who successfully complete diversion receive a dismissal of the misdemeanor charge(s) from Tucson City Court and avert the development of a criminal record."

http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/prosecutor/diversion

::Thud::

So the latest diversion thingy is for the dog citations? They have diversion for that? :waitasec:

I thought AZ was so tough on crime, but this sure makes me rethink things. The Celises seem to break the law with zero consequences quite often.

JMO, but one DUI is one too many and your butt needs to be in JAIL. How RC ever got out of that one is just beyond me. That is a deadly serious charge and there are no excuses for that kind of blatant disregard for the safety of others.

You would think they would eventually run out of diversion chances and finally be "diverted" to the pokey.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Yeah.....I love how the program is for 'first time offenders'. I guess that mean the first time at each kind of misdemeanor. Because both parents have more than one charge that was 'diverted'. :waitasec:

Looks like they have lots more chances to break the law and escape the consequences. Let's hope there is no similar program for felonies.

The whole voluntary no contact argument is silly. I'm a father. If I did nothing wrong and CPS told me I couldn't have ANY contact with my son, I would tell them to pound sand and I'd see them in court. ESPECIALLY if it was during a time when my family would most need me...you know, like when one of my other kids was MISSING due to an "abduction."

One would wonder how "voluntary" something is, when not complying would very probably mean being taken to court and forced to comply that way..LOL

JMO

And while I don't know if either RC or SC have went back to work for sure...my guess is no since the donation money is being given to the family. Ugh.

I don't see too much wrong with the family using donations to live on after such a trauma. MOO But I don't understand why they do not do interviews with the national media. MOO If Isabel was abducted she could be anywhere by now. MOO

I don't see too much wrong with the family using donations to live on after such a trauma. MOO But I don't understand why they do not do interviews with the national media. MOO If Isabel was abducted she could be anywhere by now. MOO

I would agree, except I have to wonder why they haven't gone back to work yet. It's not like they are busy searching. :waitasec:

And IIRC, didn't SC make a statement along the lines of 'moving on, and getting back to normal'? Wouldn't that include going back to work, especially if you weren't doing much of anything else?

I know that I couldn't afford to quit my job if I were in that situation, but then again, I probably would be working like a dog 20 hours a day anyway, keeping my baby's face and name out there, digging in the desert with my bare freaking hands if it came to that!

JMO, but I find it odious that they are promoting ways to donate money with more fervor than they are doing a dadgum thing to find Isa. The milk ain't clean, there, my friends.

Gosh, I've been searching for SIS-DIVERSION and not liking the results. It seems SIS probably stands for Southwest Intervention Services. They conduct court approved diversion programs. I have been unable to find any diversion programs, thus far, that would have any relevance to loose or unlicensed dogs. . . but, worse than that, I'm liking even less the areas in which they do seem to have expertise.

I don't know, but is that odd for dog related charges? The dogs didn't hurt anyone. I'm wondering if for some reason they're wanting to keep him in court or in the system, maybe keep him in the area? If they decided to leave the state, he'd at least have to be in a program in the county, if that's what this is here.

I would agree, except I have to wonder why they haven't gone back to work yet. It's not like they are busy searching. :waitasec:

And IIRC, didn't SC make a statement along the lines of 'moving on, and getting back to normal'? Wouldn't that include going back to work, especially if you weren't doing much of anything else?

I know that I couldn't afford to quit my job if I were in that situation, but then again, I probably would be working like a dog 20 hours a day anyway, keeping my baby's face and name out there, digging in the desert with my bare freaking hands if it came to that!

JMO, but I find it odious that they are promoting ways to donate money with more fervor than they are doing a dadgum thing to find Isa. The milk ain't clean, there, my friends.

The volunteers said RC and SC are stopping by the volunteer center everyday while doing their thing in a day. ~shrug~ I'm not sure how that will work for them when the boys are out of school, if they went back.

Love this picture! Thanks for posting it.

ETA: Where is her seatbelt?

It appears to be behind her (at least the shoulder harness portion thereof)

Either she is not wearing one (gasp) or she has the shoulder portion tucked behind her, wearing only the lap portion.

My kids, at that age, had trouble with shoulder harness style belts because the shoulder strap would invariably land right across their little faces. It was necessary, when passengers in cars that had those darn should style belts, for them to tuck that portion behind them at least still benefiting from the lap portion.

The volunteers said RC and SC are stopping by the volunteer center everyday while doing their thing in a day. ~shrug~ I'm not sure how that will work for them when the boys are out of school, if they went back.

Do you know when school lets out in Pima Co.? I would think they are already out for the summer.

In any case, that will change the dynamic of the visits to the vol center, since RC would be with the boys (you'd think) and so she and SC couldn't show up at the vol center at the same time.

I also wonder what "stopping by" entails. Hmmmmm. But at least they are making themselves visible to the folks who care enough to give their time. That is definitely a step in the right direction.

maybe the car wasn't moving:waitasec:

Probably. The reflection in her glasses looks like only one person in the front passenger seat, so they likely weren't moving. I'm just a safety freak so I notice that stuff!

It appears to be behind her (at least the shoulder harness portion thereof)

Either she is not wearing one (gasp) or she has the shoulder portion tucked behind her, wearing only the lap portion.

My kids, at that age, had trouble with shoulder harness style belts because the shoulder strap would invariably land right across their little faces. It was necessary, when passengers in cars that had those darn should style belts, for them to tuck that portion behind them at least still benefiting from the lap portion.

I guess it depends on the local laws. I know they are different depending in where you live. I know when my Knotling moved to a booster, she was still required to wear the shoulder belt but, like you said, it would get her in the face!

We went to Target and got this little sherpa thingy that snaps onto the shoulder belt and pulls it down to the proper height plus the soft material keeps it from rubbing their skin!

I don't know, but is that odd for dog related charges? The dogs didn't hurt anyone. I'm wondering if for some reason they're wanting to keep him in court or in the system, maybe keep him in the area? If they decided to leave the state, he'd at least have to be in a program in the county, if that's what this is here.

i don't disagree but for this:

"Hawke said Thursday that the father is under no travel restrictions"
http://www.tucsoncentral.com/tucson...on-progress-of-isabel-case-arizona-daily-star

that was on may 17th...now, why would she say that when the guy has criminal charges against him for pet violations, and a missing daughter that has gained national attention (and has cost tucson a million dollars so far). what is she implying?

that's he's free to 'roam' hoping he will lead them to isa? or hoping that he will cross a state line or border...thoughts?

i don't disagree but for this:

"Hawke said Thursday that the father is under no travel restrictions"
http://www.tucsoncentral.com/tucson...on-progress-of-isabel-case-arizona-daily-star

that was on may 17th...now, why would she say that when the guy has criminal charges against him for pet violations, and a missing daughter that has gained national attention (and has cost tucson a million dollars so far). what is she implying?

that's he's free to 'roam' hoping he will lead them to isa? or hoping that he will cross a state line or border...thoughts?

He's not named a suspect in Isabel's disappearance, so they could just be wanting to keep tabs on him. They've cleared some family members already, but wasn't JM's court case continued? I don't know who's been cleared, I don't think they've named anyone. It would be nice for the family members that have been cleared to be publicly named. KWIM Maybe they want to keep those they've not cleared closer to home while this is under investigation.

Can you please acknowledge a major error in your posting, or provide a source for what you provide as "facts"? Nowhere has it been said that the agreement between SC and CPS is for 3 months. For all we know it could be over tomorrow. Since it is a voluntary and not court ordered agreement, I highly doubt that it has a specified time limit, and most likely it is being re-evaluated on a continual basis.

I believe I read it was for 3 months, I will look for a link.

That said, the severity of the order is irrefutable.

If there's a sinister meaning behind these donations, and the parents are just looking to make as much money for themselves as possible, why don't they do the media circuit? They can make more money, and much quicker that way.

How it Happens

Prosecutors offer eligible defendants the diversion option at their arraignment (first appearance) ONLY. Those who accept are directed to Southwestern Intervention Services, Inc. S.I.S. provides cost-effective, professional intake, assessment, referral, and monitoring, including referral to one of 27 local counseling agencies. Participants cited with substance abuse charges attend substance abuse counseling. Participants cited for shoplifting, disorderly conduct, theft, etc. attend adult responsibility classes. Participants cited for specific animal code violations attend a humane education class.
http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/prosecutor/diversion

:banghead: Note to self, read first, post second. Lava already found this! LOL@ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member