Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulties I've long had with what we were told about the investigation is first, it's not dark at
6 AM for somebody to attempt a home invasion/kidnapping.

Second, I had problems that the neighbors story was not corroborated by anybody else. She claims the dogs were barking but this was only heard by herself.

CC was an experienced offender, and he may have also used chloroform to disable Isabel.

I don't recall any info released on finger prints. In fact, I only recall a shower curtain taken from a parked vehicle in their driveway, and possible blood drops located in Isabelle's room.

I also believe LE was able to keep substantially all the evidence they have from the public under the pretense that it would jeopardize the investigation targeting Sergio, and people bought it.

After awhile, I began to realize that we only saw/heard a couple snippets of Sergio's entire life, and although his 911 call and interview was bizarre, it was not lost on me that people who experienced more than a couple soundbites of his life were sticking by both Becky and Sergio including employers,
co-workers, family and friends. To my knowledge, there was only one man that allegedly coached with Sergio that reportedly found him suspicious.

The family was also consistent in voicing their frustration that investigators were wasting precious time focusing on them and not looking elsewhere.

It's really no wonder that the cousin JM packed up and fled to back Florida -- refusing to talk to anybody!

MOO

some ppl react strangely to immense stress.

BBM I don't like this at all and the fact that Sergio was not serious sounding when he called to report she was missing, almost like he had to do it because his wife would wonder why he didn't. MOO
I agree, I’m kind of sorry I read all the latest info. I was absolutely convinced SC was involved with Isa’s Disappearance even after CC was arrested, I was still so sure it would come out that he was involved also. Then it stayed very quiet after CC arrest and I started to doubt myself and the lack of arrests of SC brought me to the conclusion that I was wrong all along and felt awful for doubting her poor father. The latest info has me doubting it all over again...

I agree, I’m kind of sorry I read all the latest info. I was absolutely convinced SC was involved with Isa’s Disappearance even after CC was arrested, I was still so sure it would come out that he was involved also. Then it stayed very quiet after CC arrest and I started to doubt myself and the lack of arrests of SC brought me to the conclusion that I was wrong all along and felt awful for doubting her poor father. The latest info has me doubting it all over again...
I know, me too!

I think it's horrible the defense team would try and cast doubt on a convicted sex offender and serial killers guilt by trying to blame Isabel's Dad. Obviously LE looked very closely at the family as they should in any case involving a child but Christopher Clements led investigators to her body in the desert near where he had put the body of his other victim so I can't understand why anyone feels the need to continue to revictimize the Celis family particularly Sergio who was rightfully upset with LE's investigation, Christopher Clement was a known sex offender living 2 miles from the Celis home and was never questioned.

I wonder why he wasn't questioned? I know they searched a 3 mile radius and went door to door with forms for residents to fill out. Maybe he hadn't officially changed his address or was living with a friend temporarily? If that's been answered, my apologies.

The LE did focus on SC. At first it seemed like a big focus for months. Then silence. The family then started pushing the focus onto the cousin who left for FL. He had his Jeep shipped back to FL within a couple weeks of Isabel's disappearance also. Then a new sheriff and things started happening. Not sure it was the new sheriff and fresh eyes looking at Isabel's case or just luck finally finding this creep and getting him off the streets.

It's another one down at least.

I think it's horrible the defense team would try and cast doubt on a convicted sex offender and serial killers guilt by trying to blame Isabel's Dad. Obviously LE looked very closely at the family as they should in any case involving a child but Christopher Clements led investigators to her body in the desert near where he had put the body of his other victim so I can't understand why anyone feels the need to continue to revictimize the Celis family particularly Sergio who was rightfully upset with LE's investigation, Christopher Clement was a known sex offender living 2 miles from the Celis home and was never questioned.

Those people have been through enough!!!! My heart breaks for them every minute of every day.
Those people have been through enou

Sorry, not sheriff but Chief of Police that was new during the investigation into Isabel's disappearance.

Did Sergio lead LE to the 2 buried girls?

Did Sergio lead LE to the 2 buried girls?
No he didn’t. For the sake of being factually correct Christopher Clements also didn’t “lead” LE to 2 buried girls either, just one, Isabel Celis. Maribel was found completely unconnected to CC until DNA recently linked him to her body. Until this comes to trial and we get to hear the specifics, nobody can say exactly what happened here and I think there was plenty of reasons to doubt SC at the time. I’m happy to hold my hands up when wrong and apologise which I have in this case, but hearing the writing in the wardrobe, “I don’t like dad” etc which was greatly debated but never confirmed by LE at the time, along with CPS involvement before and after Isa’s disappearance and 2 failed polys from SC, does it create any doubt in my mind, yes it does. Until we know all the facts of this case there’s room for doubt. I’m now left wondering if CC has an ace up his sleeve he’s just biding his time to produce. MOO

Last edited:
No he didn’t. For the sake of being factually correct Christopher Clements also didn’t “lead” LE to 2 buried girls either, just one, Isabel Celis. Maribel was found completely unconnected to CC until DNA recently linked him to her body. Until this comes to trial and we get to hear the specifics, nobody can say exactly what happened here and I think there was plenty of reasons to doubt SC at the time. I’m happy to hold my hands up when wrong and apologise which I have in this case, but hearing the writing in the wardrobe, “I don’t like dad” etc which was greatly debated but never confirmed by LE at the time, along with CPS involvement before and after Isa’s disappearance and 2 failed polys from SC, does it create any doubt in my mind, yes it does. Until we know all the facts of this case there’s room for doubt. I’m now left wondering if CC has an ace up his sleeve he’s just biding his time to produce. MOO

Regarding the writing " I don't like dad" found in the wardrobe, allegedly by Isabel -- I believe it was another element of this investigation that had an innocent explanation, but used as more evidence to link to Sergio.

Several years ago their was a special report about the case on News13 and I recall an interview with the mom RC, and local medium Allison Dubois.

RC said that Isabel always wanted to be where the action was -- and loved "hanging out" in her brothers bedroom which she did often. She said if you want to punish Isabel - send her to her own room for time-out.

RC also said the writing in the wardrobe closet "bad dad" and/or "I don't like dad" was first seen by RC right after Isabel had a time-out in her room-- and not some secret clue for LE to hold on to and use against Sergio.

I just found the 2014 News 13 report but the audio is gone.

Special Report: Psychic insights on Isabel Celis case

"So I went into her room," DuBois says, referring to the missing girl's bedroom. "The first thing I heard is, 'It's not my dad.' So that eliminates him for me because that's how I work cases."

agreed

Regarding the writing " I don't like dad" found in the wardrobe, allegedly by Isabel -- I believe it was another element of this investigation that had an innocent explanation, but used as more evidence to link to Sergio.

Several years ago their was a special report about the case on News13 and I recall an interview with the mom RC, and local medium Allison Dubois.

RC said that Isabel always wanted to be where the action was -- and loved "hanging out" in her brothers bedroom which she did often. She said if you want to punish Isabel - send her to her own room for time-out.

RC also said the writing in the wardrobe closet "bad dad" and/or "I don't like dad" was first seen by RC right after Isabel had a time-out in her room-- and not some secret clue for LE to hold on to and use against Sergio.

I just found the 2014 News 13 report but the audio is gone.

Special Report: Psychic insights on Isabel Celis case

"So I went into her room," DuBois says, referring to the missing girl's bedroom. "The first thing I heard is, 'It's not my dad.' So that eliminates him for me because that's how I work cases."

I’m not suggesting that because a little girl may have wrote “I don’t like dad” etc in her wardrobe that makes SC guilty of his daughters disappearance or there’s some sinister reason behind it. Thanks for the link, I watched the interview with RC a while ago now and it’s perfectly plausible that a child, upset with being sent to her room might do something like that. My doubts regarding SC before CC arrest were based on many more examples, the writing in the wardrobe being a small one of these. I’ve apologised for my doubts regarding Sergio after it seemed apparent he had no part in Isa’s disappearance and happy to accept being wrong, it just seems odd that CC is clinging onto blaming SC when CC led LE to her remains. I can’t help but feel he has some kind of info he believes will get him off with this awful crime. Of course it could just be a sick ploy on CC behalf knowing there were fingers being pointed at SC to raise a “reasonable doubt” but I don’t know how he’ll ever explain how he knew where Isabel was but blaming someone else for it. I’m eagerly awaiting hearing more regarding this case anyway and true justice for beautiful Isabel and Maribel.

"I can’t help but feel he has some kind of info he believes will get him off with this awful crime"....

I hadn't thought of it thisvway but really, it's the only thing that makes sense as to why he'd even agree to the deal....he didn't feel he was implicating himself.. He must have something up his sleeve.

"I can’t help but feel he has some kind of info he believes will get him off with this awful crime"....

I hadn't thought of it thisvway but really, it's the only thing that makes sense as to why he'd even agree to the deal....he didn't feel he was implicating himself.. He must have something up his sleeve.

I think there's something off about CC.

I'm also wondering if part of his abduction and murder of Isa was revenge because SC did not sell him his acura. If I recall correctly, the vehicle wasn't even for sale when CC allegedly contacted SG wanting to buy it.

CC reportedly was obsessed with cars, and also spent significant amounts of money detailing his vehicles.

MOO

Completely agree! I could be totally wrong on this but I’m feeling like he’s holding a bombshell back that he believes will get him off with this. I agree, he didn’t give up a body in return for a dropped burglary charge, he’s not that stupid MOO

I'm also wondering if part of his abduction and murder of Isa was revenge because SC did not sell him his acura. If I recall correctly, the vehicle wasn't even for sale when CC allegedly contacted SG wanting to buy it.

CC reportedly was obsessed with cars, and also spent significant amounts of money detailing his vehicles.

MOO
BBM, absolutely!

MOO

I believe this was the excuse CC used in order to case out homes. I bet we will learn he didnt even buy many cars. It was the ruse he used to get close to the home, and size up his potential next prey.

I totally agree with lstric about revictimizing Sergio, and Isa's family. Enough is enough. 6 years of false accusations is far more than enough.

It infuriates me how the TPD had tunnel vision. The same thing happened in Shasta, and Dylan's case. They were so sure Steve was the one involved. They also told him he FAILED his polygraph that he willingly took because he had nothing to hide.

Meanwhile during the berating of their devastated father, Joe Duncan has his children torturing, and raping them every single day then murdered Dylan.

Steve also had to put up with the social media strangers falsely accusing him too. And it would have continued to this day if JD wasnt arrested.

The Florida LE also had tunnel vision in Jessica Lunsford's case. They accused Mark, and his elderly parents of being the ones who had harmed Jessica. Telling Ruthie Lunsford, Jessica's loving grandmother... she had FAILED her polygraph. The entire three Lunsford family members were revictimized at the worst times of their lives, and they all were totally innocent.

Meanwhile while LE was at their home falsely accusing innocent people ...the pedophile *advertiser censored* had Jessica right across the street repeatedly raping her until Couey murdered Jessica right under the police's nose who were just yards away from where it was happening.

Of course the internet masses accused them falsely too, night, and day. That would have continued if JC had not been caught.

This case is another horrible example of how dangerous tunnel vision can be. My best friend from Tucson told me at the very first TPD would never solve Isa's case by good detective work, but it would only be solved by outsider involvement.

I'm not the least bit surprised they had never interviewed or heard of this pedophile murderer. Imo, they have sour grapes because they had tunnel vision themselves, and were flat out wrong, and it shows how damn much time they waisted when they should have been trying to find the real abductor, and murderer of Isa. But that would have taken actual good detective work out on the streets trying to find anyone who may have been an absconded sex offender now residing in their city. Nope. They were never going to seek justice for Isa, but just keep pretending it was SC. That took no effort at all on their part.

I see shows on ID/OWN regularly where the same tunnel vision from many LE prevented unsolved cases from being solved. For years they refused to look at others, and often when a new set of eyes are finally assigned to the case, they will find a piece of paper from a witness they never interviewed or find other evidence that finally leads to the actual real killer.. which was NOT who they were so sure was the one involved.

Imo, the TPD wanted Sergio to be the one..nevermind they had no evidence ...just like the majority of internet strangers wanted Sergio to be the one for 6 years.

Imo, the assumptions were all based on their dislike for him even though most never knew him personally. He didnt act exactly like they expected him to do. The same reasons many other falsely accused family members have gone through. Imo.

Yet in over 6 years time they never arrested him, and he stayed right in the same home going nowhere. But even the TPD keystone cops knew they needed more than assumptions, and tunnel vision.

They never had any evidence Sergio did this to Isa because all along he was a totally innocent man... who was put through the wringer just like so many other innocent family members have been before/after him, and those still to come.

Yet each one stood tall never wavering because whether it was Mark, Ruthie, Archie Lunsford, Steve Groene, Ed Smart or Sergio Celis, and many others etc.... they each knew the truth from moment one. The truth always prevails no matter how long it may take for that truth to become known.

The TRUTH, not unsupported allegations being made night, and day that requires no proof about any of them.

I hope CC gets the death penalty.

I have a awful gut feeling there are other parents out there right now being blamed by LE unfairly in other cities or states that have an abducted, and missing child who is the victim of CC..

Imo, he is a nomadic serial pedophile rapist, and murderer like Joe Duncan. I pray they find all of his young victim so those parents can also see justice for their children. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Imo

God bless all of Isa, and Maribelle's family as they go forward seeking justice.

May this monster be given the harshest punishment allowed he so deserves. He has not only destroyed two beautiful lives...he has destroyed their loving families as well.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members