Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A national audience had the parent's pegged! I think of them often, and wish them peace and compassion.

Isa -- a beautiful child, never forgotten.

Steller column: After indictment, we owe the parents of Isabel Celis an apology

Reading this link again makes me think that the TPD also owes Sergio, and Becky a big apology.

Of course it will never happen even though the TPD has egg on their face now about how bad their tunnel vision investigation was about Isa's case.

Just like a defendant who has been sent to prison is later found to be innocent due to new DNA testing, and prosecutors refuse to ever apologize.

I've watched so many cases where the police failed to catch the suspect who actually did the murders, and even when other investigators took over the case, and finally solved it ...the prior detectives refuse to believe they weren't on the right track years ago even though they were totally off base, and flat wrong when the actual suspect was finally apprehended years later.

Engorged egos, and only wanting to be right or having tunnel vision is very dangerous for our criminal justice system.

A prime example of how dangerous tunnel vision, and egos getting in the way of justice was seen in the Holly Bobo case.

If ex TBI agent Dicus had not been removed from investigating that case it would still remain unsolved even though at every turn the investigation kept coming back to the infamous four who were involved in the kidnapping, beatings, repeated rapes, and murder of Holly.

Dicus refused to even investigate them. Due to his total inept tunnel vision, and refusal to investigate them all 4 were allowed to roam doing more crimes for several years. It was only after he was booted the case was finally solved.

Jmhoo

I just hope for justice in this case and if CC committed this terrible crime then the death penalty is too good for him IMO. And CC defense of trying to implicate Sergio will get him nowhere without evidence to back it up and if no evidence exists as Sergio is innocent then it will all be shown in court and CC will get the punishment he deserves.

I don’t claim to “know” what happened in this case, 2 girls disappeared and a man is facing trial for their murders. This suggests that there is enough evidence to get a conviction but until this happens and CC is proven guilty and that he acted alone then anything is possible and I don’t feel it’s fair to criticise others for expressing their opinions because they don’t follow suit with the general consensus.

It’s especially unfair to be critical of others opinions when over on the Maleah Davis thread BB is being vilified by some of the people from this thread who disagree with “victim blaming” The same as with this case someone else has been arrested for Maleahs murder and Brittany Bowen’s hasn’t been arrested for anything relating to Maleahs disappearance. It would be nice if the same rules applied across the board and opinions were ok no matter which case as long as they are only opinions. MOO

TPD was being advised by the FBI in the first several months of Isabel's disappearance. FBI Behavior Analysts were brought in also to analyze the family. So they were just as wrong but CPS also had SC stay away from his boys back then too.

You have to remember the C's were pointing at JM, RC's cousin most of the time until CC was arrested. Their PI pointed at him also.

People make wrong judgments every day, so do the PD, FBI & CPS, PI's and parents.

No need to scold the public over and over again, who were making up their minds on what had been put out there. The family now has to live with judging their own relative too. RIP Isabel. jmo

Didn't he lead detectives to the 2 bodies he buried? I am not sure he can explain that too easily.
It was only Isabel’s body that he provided info for.

There are definitely other ways he could have found out where her body was other than having killed her.

CC has a lot of evidence that can be used to create reasonable doubt here. Obviously we will learn much more when the trial happens, but simply based on what info we have available to us now, I couldn’t convict him of murder if I were a juror.

It was only Isabel’s body that he provided info for.

There are definitely other ways he could have found out where her body was other than having killed her.

CC has a lot of evidence that can be used to create reasonable doubt here. Obviously we will learn much more when the trial happens, but simply based on what info we have available to us now, I couldn’t convict him of murder if I were a juror.
I agree, I also read yesterday that the DNA evidence that links him to Maribel is 1 in 8600, not really conclusive at all and not as “slam dunk” as we were lead to believe.

I believe this was the excuse CC used in order to case out homes. I bet we will learn he didnt even buy many cars. It was the ruse he used to get close to the home, and size up his potential next prey.

I totally agree with lstric about revictimizing Sergio, and Isa's family. Enough is enough. 6 years of false accusations is far more than enough.

It infuriates me how the TPD had tunnel vision. The same thing happened in Shasta, and Dylan's case. They were so sure Steve was the one involved. They also told him he FAILED his polygraph that he willingly took because he had nothing to hide.

Meanwhile during the berating of their devastated father, Joe Duncan has his children torturing, and raping them every single day then murdered Dylan.

Steve also had to put up with the social media strangers falsely accusing him too. And it would have continued to this day if JD wasnt arrested.

The Florida LE also had tunnel vision in Jessica Lunsford's case. They accused Mark, and his elderly parents of being the ones who had harmed Jessica. Telling Ruthie Lunsford, Jessica's loving grandmother... she had FAILED her polygraph. The entire three Lunsford family members were revictimized at the worst times of their lives, and they all were totally innocent.

Meanwhile while LE was at their home falsely accusing innocent people ...the pedophile *advertiser censored* had Jessica right across the street repeatedly raping her until Couey murdered Jessica right under the police's nose who were just yards away from where it was happening.

Of course the internet masses accused them falsely too, night, and day. That would have continued if JC had not been caught.

This case is another horrible example of how dangerous tunnel vision can be. My best friend from Tucson told me at the very first TPD would never solve Isa's case by good detective work, but it would only be solved by outsider involvement.

I'm not the least bit surprised they had never interviewed or heard of this pedophile murderer. Imo, they have sour grapes because they had tunnel vision themselves, and were flat out wrong, and it shows how damn much time they waisted when they should have been trying to find the real abductor, and murderer of Isa. But that would have taken actual good detective work out on the streets trying to find anyone who may have been an absconded sex offender now residing in their city. Nope. They were never going to seek justice for Isa, but just keep pretending it was SC. That took no effort at all on their part.

I see shows on ID/OWN regularly where the same tunnel vision from many LE prevented unsolved cases from being solved. For years they refused to look at others, and often when a new set of eyes are finally assigned to the case, they will find a piece of paper from a witness they never interviewed or find other evidence that finally leads to the actual real killer.. which was NOT who they were so sure was the one involved.

Imo, the TPD wanted Sergio to be the one..nevermind they had no evidence ...just like the majority of internet strangers wanted Sergio to be the one for 6 years.

Imo, the assumptions were all based on their dislike for him even though most never knew him personally. He didnt act exactly like they expected him to do. The same reasons many other falsely accused family members have gone through. Imo.

Yet in over 6 years time they never arrested him, and he stayed right in the same home going nowhere. But even the TPD keystone cops knew they needed more than assumptions, and tunnel vision.

They never had any evidence Sergio did this to Isa because all along he was a totally innocent man... who was put through the wringer just like so many other innocent family members have been before/after him, and those still to come.

Yet each one stood tall never wavering because whether it was Mark, Ruthie, Archie Lunsford, Steve Groene, Ed Smart or Sergio Celis, and many others etc.... they each knew the truth from moment one. The truth always prevails no matter how long it may take for that truth to become known.

The TRUTH, not unsupported allegations being made night, and day that requires no proof about any of them.

I hope CC gets the death penalty.

I have a awful gut feeling there are other parents out there right now being blamed by LE unfairly in other cities or states that have an abducted, and missing child who is the victim of CC..

Imo, he is a nomadic serial pedophile rapist, and murderer like Joe Duncan. I pray they find all of his young victim so those parents can also see justice for their children. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Imo

God bless all of Isa, and Maribelle's family as they go forward seeking justice.

May this monster be given the harshest punishment allowed he so deserves. He has not only destroyed two beautiful lives...he has destroyed their loving families as well.

Jmhoo
Thank yo
I believe this was the excuse CC used in order to case out homes. I bet we will learn he didnt even buy many cars. It was the ruse he used to get close to the home, and size up his potential next prey.

I totally agree with lstric about revictimizing Sergio, and Isa's family. Enough is enough. 6 years of false accusations is far more than enough.

It infuriates me how the TPD had tunnel vision. The same thing happened in Shasta, and Dylan's case. They were so sure Steve was the one involved. They also told him he FAILED his polygraph that he willingly took because he had nothing to hide.

Meanwhile during the berating of their devastated father, Joe Duncan has his children torturing, and raping them every single day then murdered Dylan.

Steve also had to put up with the social media strangers falsely accusing him too. And it would have continued to this day if JD wasnt arrested.

The Florida LE also had tunnel vision in Jessica Lunsford's case. They accused Mark, and his elderly parents of being the ones who had harmed Jessica. Telling Ruthie Lunsford, Jessica's loving grandmother... she had FAILED her polygraph. The entire three Lunsford family members were revictimized at the worst times of their lives, and they all were totally innocent.

Meanwhile while LE was at their home falsely accusing innocent people ...the pedophile *advertiser censored* had Jessica right across the street repeatedly raping her until Couey murdered Jessica right under the police's nose who were just yards away from where it was happening.

Of course the internet masses accused them falsely too, night, and day. That would have continued if JC had not been caught.

This case is another horrible example of how dangerous tunnel vision can be. My best friend from Tucson told me at the very first TPD would never solve Isa's case by good detective work, but it would only be solved by outsider involvement.

I'm not the least bit surprised they had never interviewed or heard of this pedophile murderer. Imo, they have sour grapes because they had tunnel vision themselves, and were flat out wrong, and it shows how damn much time they waisted when they should have been trying to find the real abductor, and murderer of Isa. But that would have taken actual good detective work out on the streets trying to find anyone who may have been an absconded sex offender now residing in their city. Nope. They were never going to seek justice for Isa, but just keep pretending it was SC. That took no effort at all on their part.

I see shows on ID/OWN regularly where the same tunnel vision from many LE prevented unsolved cases from being solved. For years they refused to look at others, and often when a new set of eyes are finally assigned to the case, they will find a piece of paper from a witness they never interviewed or find other evidence that finally leads to the actual real killer.. which was NOT who they were so sure was the one involved.

Imo, the TPD wanted Sergio to be the one..nevermind they had no evidence ...just like the majority of internet strangers wanted Sergio to be the one for 6 years.

Imo, the assumptions were all based on their dislike for him even though most never knew him personally. He didnt act exactly like they expected him to do. The same reasons many other falsely accused family members have gone through. Imo.

Yet in over 6 years time they never arrested him, and he stayed right in the same home going nowhere. But even the TPD keystone cops knew they needed more than assumptions, and tunnel vision.

They never had any evidence Sergio did this to Isa because all along he was a totally innocent man... who was put through the wringer just like so many other innocent family members have been before/after him, and those still to come.

Yet each one stood tall never wavering because whether it was Mark, Ruthie, Archie Lunsford, Steve Groene, Ed Smart or Sergio Celis, and many others etc.... they each knew the truth from moment one. The truth always prevails no matter how long it may take for that truth to become known.

The TRUTH, not unsupported allegations being made night, and day that requires no proof about any of them.

I have a awful gut feeling there are other parents out there right now being blamed by LE unfairly in other cities or states that have an abducted, and missing child who is the victim of CC..

Imo, he is a nomadic serial pedophile rapist, and murderer like Joe Duncan. I pray they find all of his young victim so those parents can also see justice for their children. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Imo

God bless all of Isa, and Maribelle's family as they go forward seeking justice.

May this monster be given the harshest punishment allowed he so deserves. He has not only destroyed two beautiful lives...he has destroyed their loving families as well.

Jmhoo

Jmhoo

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Morning everyone!

First, I want to say I apologize if my opinions offended anyone here. That was never my intentions.

However, I do have a right to express my own opinions about this case even if it may not be the majority held opinion about Sergio 's involvement. That's all I was doing. I know my opinion is the minority opinion.

I do wholeheartedly admit, I've become quite weary, and exhausted trying my very best to support family members who I honestly believed or believe had/has no involvement in the abduction, and murder of their children.

I realize after over a decade of doing so I'm emotionally drained at this point, and it may show in some of my posts, and for that I'm am sorry for I really do try to hold my emotions in check.

Sometimes it's hard to do especially in years long unsolved cases.

I also realized my support is not really important. What is important in this particular case are those who know the Celis family on a personal level in Tucson who have supported them whether its family, friends, coworkers or church members. That's really what matters most, imo.

I know I only own my own opinion, and all others have the same entitled opinions to freely express their own. All of you will have many years to do so, and I hope you all continue to do so.

I do understand the suspicions others have about Sergio especially since the new information has been released.

But what matters most to me is in over 6 years TPD never had any evidence linking him to any involvement whatsoever, and we can see how hard TPD tried to pin it on Sergio.

If they had any evidence link whatsoever between CC, and Sergio the TPD would have jumped on it ...which would have made them at least 50 percent right instead of 100 percent wrong in the years they wasted targeting the wrong one.

The failed polygraphs mean nothing. I listed many family members who had also failed polys, and were totally 100 percent innocent. Or they were told they failed, and LE can legally lie per the USSC.

As far as CCs defense attorney having an ace up his sleeve that isn't going to happen. Trials are not card games filled with surprises by either side. There are simply no surprises by either side in any criminal trial.

All discovery that will be used by either side MUST be turned over before trial time.

Imo, of course CCs lawyer will use the same tired old defense of SODDI, and they will try to blame Sergio of course. That's a given. Same thing happened in two recent big trials. Daron Wint, and Charles Merritt. The same defense was used in those cases, and this one will fail miserably in this case for the very same reasons.

Jurors expect irrefutable proof of such allegations. Just saying so never cuts it with 99.9 percent of jurors.

The expectations of proof for the defense will even be higher because the defense will actually be asking CCs jury to let him walk free when all the evidence will point to him, and no other.

Imo, the DA is very sure of this case against CC or they wouldnt have ever elevated it to a death penalty case.

So I have full confidence the truth will come out at trial, and, IMO... CC will be convicted of both murders, and will receive the harshest punishment allowed under AZ law.

This won't be the first or last trial where the DT tries to accuse a family member. In fact sadly it's become quite common place.

I also admit I have much anger against TPD, and how tunnel visioned they were for years. Just like I have voiced my opinions about other PD who were guilty of the very same thing when the real murderer was out there for years with many allowed to do more violent crimes.

This is a death penalty case, and they never go to trial quickly. This one will be no different. Even when the judge sets a tentative date it never comes to pass, and is delayed for years.

As for myself, I'm going to take a break from posting on this forum for awhile.

My best friend in Tucson always makes me aware of any pending hearing date or any new news article about this case.

Take care everyone!

Ocean

Last edited:
Morning everyone!

First, I want to say I apologize if my opinions offended anyone here. That was never my intentions.

However, I have a right to express my own opinions about this case even if it may not be the majority held opinion about Sergio 's involvement. That was all I was doing.

I do wholeheartedly admit, I've become quite weary, and exhausted trying my very best to support family members who I honestly believed or believe had/has no involvement in the abduction, and murder of their children. I realize after over a decade of doing so I'm emotionally drained at this point, and may show in some of my posts, and for that I'm am sorry for I really do try to hold my emotions in check. Sometimes it's hard to do especially in years long cases.

I also realized my support is not really important. What is important in this particular case are those who know the Celis family in Tuscon have supported them whether its family, friends, coworkers or church members. That's really what matters most, imo.

I know I only own my own opinion, and all others have the same entitled opinions to freely express their own. All of you will have many years to do so, and I hope you continue to do so.

I do understand the suspicions others have about Sergio especially since the new information has been released.

But what matters most to me in over 6 years TPD never had any evidence linking him to any involvement whatsoever, and we can see how hard TPD tried to pin it on Sergio.

If they had any evidence link whatsoever between CC, and Sergio the TPD would have jumped on it ...which would have made them at least 50 percent right instead of 100 percent wrong in the years they wasted targeting the wrong one.

The failed polygraphs mean nothing. I listed many family members who had also failed polys, and were totally 100 percent innocent. Or they were told they failed, and LE can legally lie per the USSC.

As far as CCs defense attorney having an ace up his sleeve that isn't going to happen. Trials are not card games filled with surprises by either side. There are simply no surprises by either side in any criminal trial.

All discovery that will be used by either side MUST be turned over before trial time.

Imo, of course CCs lawyer will use the same tired old defense of SODDI, and they will try to blame Sergio of course. That's a given. Same thing happened in two recent big trials. Daron Wint, and Charles Merritt. The same defense was used in those cases, and this one will fail miserably in this case for the very same reasons.

Jurors expect irrefutable proof of such allegations. Just saying so never cuts it with 99.9 percent of jurors.

The expectations of proof for the defense will even be higher because the defense will actually be asking CCs jury to let him walk free when all the evidence will point to him, and no other.

Imo, the DA is very sure of this case against CC or they wouldnt have ever elevated it to a death penalty case.

So I have full confidence the truth will come out at trial, and, IMO... CC will be convicted of both murders, and will receive the harshest punishment allowed under AZ law.

This won't be the first or last trial where the DT tries to accuse a family member. In fact sadly it's become quite common place.

I also admit I have much anger against TPD, and how tunnel visioned they were for years. Just like I have voiced my opinions about other PD who were guilty of the very same thing when the real murderer was out there for years with many allowed to do more violent crimes.

This is a death penalty case, and they never go to trial quickly. This one will be no different. Even when the judge sets a tentative date it never comes to pass, and is delayed for years.

My best friend in Tuscon always makes me aware of any pending hearing date or any new news article about this case.

Take care everyone!

Ocean

Awesome post, per usual Oceanblueyes,

Thank you.

Just wanted to come back to say I'm sorry for misspelling Tucson. That's what I get for being in a hurry! Lol!

Have a great day everyone!

ETA. oh goodness I see I have a duplicate post, and it's too late to delete it.

This shows I do need a break. Lmbo!

Imo

There are two key witnesses in this case, CC’s girlfriend and an inmate at the Pima County jail.

“Then, in 2017, the FBI received the tip that would lead to Christopher Clements’ arrest. According to USA Today, the tip pointed to “a man who had information about Isabel’s disappearance.”

The big break came in February of 2017, when Clements’ girlfriend called the FBI and said she knew where Isabel’s body had been dumped after she went missing in 2012, the records say.

The girlfriend later told investigators that she only knew of Isabel’s name because while talking on the phone with Clements, who was in jail at the time, he told her to retrieve a bag that was buried in the yard of her home. A piece of paper with Isabel’s name was in the bag.

Clements apparently tried to avoid using Isabel’s name over the phone. Calls from jail are recorded.

When Clements’ girlfriend notified the FBI, Clements was in the Pima County jail on unrelated burglary charges. He told investigators that he wouldn’t lead them to Isabel until his two pending charges here were dismissed and his car was released. Agents agreed to Clements’ terms.

On March 3, 2017, Clements directed FBI agents to a desert area near Avra Valley and Trico roads where Isabel’s remains were found. Investigators realized it was the same area where Maribel’s body was found in 2014, just days after she went missing.

Clements told investigators that he did not kidnap or kill Isabel, and refused to give more information, the records say.

He later told investigators that he had a video of Isabel’s father in a local pawnshop and implied it would help with the investigation. He also said he might know where a murder weapon was located.

In September of 2017, deputies with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department served a search warrant at Clements’ girlfriend’s home.

They were able to find a letter from Clements, in which he talked about the area where he led the FBI agents. The letter implied that there were four bodies left in the desert area, and Clements claimed to have evidence about all four.

“He tells (his girlfriend) he is debating having her go to the media with this information, saying that it would create a frenzy and would put pressure on law enforcement,” so that officials might drop his Maricopa County case, documents say.

After Clements’ girlfriend moved out of her home, investigators obtained a search warrant for the yard. They found a child’s purple sweatshirt and schoolwork with the name “Mercedez” on it. Mercedes was Isabel’s middle name.

“There were also what appeared to be ashes buried in the ground underneath the items,” the search warrant says.

Investigators also searched computers during their investigation of Clements where they found sexually explicit photos of children and internet searches for “Isabel Celis sexy,” “child killer found not guilty,” “body found in desert” and “trace evidence found on body.”

There were also two internet searches involving a 6-year-old girl and a 23-year-old woman who were kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered in Hawaii. Both cases were solved, and men were convicted.

Investigators also interviewed a man who was in the Pima County jail at the same time as Clements.

Clements supposedly told the man that he knew where Isabel was, and that he might have evidence in his car, which was likely the same car he wanted released from law enforcement in the earlier agreement.

Clements apparently told the man that Isabel’s body was in a desert. He also showed the man photos of what is said to be Isabel’s home.

While talking to the man, Clements most often spoke in third-person but sometimes slipped and talked in first-person, the documents say.

I have no doubt CC did it. I think his defense will weave tales of SC doing this or anyone else like a cousin. My op over the years has been anyone is possible. Things slanted towards SC & JM but not SC as much after the CPS investigation. I leaned to the right but kept an open mind trying to follow the trail some did on SC. JM's record more or less ended when he went back to FL. So you start studying everyone else close. That didn't go too far either.

With CC more or less confessing with several back up witnesses or a recording, dna, IC herself, it feels like CC will have no problem being convicted of the girls murders. It's Tucson.

One of the articles I read said LE contacted CC and spoke with him shortly after Isa disappeared because he is a RSO who lives closeby, but because the Celis's didn't know who these people are, they weren't able to identify CC as the person who came to their house. If LE had shown the pictures of the RSO to the Celis, CC may have become a POI much sooner.

Morning everyone!

However, I do have a right to express my own opinions about this case even if it may not be the majority held opinion about Sergio 's involvement. That's all I was doing. I know my opinion is the minority opinion.

I do wholeheartedly admit, I've become quite weary, and exhausted trying my very best to support family members who I honestly believed or believe had/has no involvement in the abduction, and murder of their children.

I realize after over a decade of doing so I'm emotionally drained at this point, and it may show in some of my posts, and for that I'm am sorry for I really do try to hold my emotions in check.

Sometimes it's hard to do especially in years long unsolved cases.

I also realized my support is not really important. What is important in this particular case are those who know the Celis family on a personal level in Tucson who have supported them whether its family, friends, coworkers or church members. That's really what matters most, imo.

I know I only own my own opinion, and all others have the same entitled opinions to freely express their own. All of you will have many years to do so, and I hope you all continue to do so.

But what matters most to me is in over 6 years TPD never had any evidence linking him to any involvement whatsoever, and we can see how hard TPD tried to pin it on Sergio.

My best friend in Tucson always makes me aware of any pending hearing date or any new news article about this case.

Take care everyone!

Ocean
ITA with every word that you have written here. And would humbly add the following:

Can anyone really imagine what their emotions would be, on discovering a missing child? It's like knowing someone is dying, yet they disappeared before you could say goodbye. Just gone. Not a great analogy, but it is mine. Part of my opinions formulated in this world we live in.

This poor family. They really don't deserve any more grief. They have a lifetime of this to make a future.

A future where their little girl will be remembered. And loved. Not necessarily in that order.

I wonder, did LE ever investigate for any other bodies? This CC is a monster. Could there be?

One of the articles I read said LE contacted CC and spoke with him shortly after Isa disappeared because he is a RSO who lives closeby, but because the Celis's didn't know who these people are, they weren't able to identify CC as the person who came to their house. If LE had shown the pictures of the RSO to the Celis, CC may have become a POI much sooner.

Would that not be a set procedure by LE to interview the family? Providing any mug shots of possible perps? Unless that goes against someone's rights, it seems a prudent thing to do.

ITA with every word that you have written here. And would humbly add the following:

Can anyone really imagine what their emotions would be, on discovering a missing child? It's like knowing someone is dying, yet they disappeared before you could say goodbye. Just gone. Not a great analogy, but it is mine. Part of my opinions formulated in this world we live in.

This poor family. They really don't deserve any more grief. They have a lifetime of this to make a future.

A future where their little girl will be remembered. And loved. Not necessarily in that order.

I wonder, did LE ever investigate for any other bodies? This CC is a monster. Could there be?

Morning my friend!

Even though I planned to take a break from posting, I wouldn't want you to ever think I was ignoring your post reply to me. :)

When CC, and others abduct, and murder children there are many living victims also made by these kind of monsters.

They not only destroy the helpless children they brutally murder, but they also destroy the families of those precious children forever.

The families of Isa, and Maribel have had their family circle of love forever broken. There will always be a gaping hole in their hearts that cant ever be filled or mended.

Unless we have walked in their shoes, God forbid, we cant even begin to comprehend how their lives have been shattered when true diabolical evil took their children away from them.

Iirc, someone mentioned perps dont come into homes to abduct children. Sadly, that is just NOT true.

Many parents have had a pedophile murderer steal their precious children from their homes only to be found later on raped, and murdered by a vile pedophile stranger.

CC is not the only one by far who was able to do what he did when he abducted little Isa from the safety of her home. Most had dogs inside their homes as well.

It alarms me greatly that CC seemed to be stalking the father of Isa after he knew he had murdered his little baby girl. He had to be stalking him to have a video in his possession of Sergio going about his day. That is sick, and twisted. I find that most chilling, and shows how diabolical CC truly is.

Just the thought that Sergio was totally unaware he was being stalked, and the murderer of his child was close by without Sergio even being aware chills me just thinking about it.

As far as the family being unable to ID the suspect who came pretending he was interested in their old car reminds me if I was asked I wouldnt be able to ID many who come on our property where my hubby has his welding business setup since retiring.

I asked by hubby yesterday if he could be able to ID strangers that drop by for a few minutes, and he said he would not. He would only be able to remember the ones who were regulars who stayed more than a few minutes. He said that it's the same when he occasionally has equipment to sell. He wouldnt remember the facial features of the ones who didnt buy anything, and were only here for a few minutes. He said he has no reason to give them another thought nor had any reason at the time to remember detailed facial features.

Let me ask you this please since I haven't been able to follow all the details.

Did TPD ever interview CC back then at all?

If so, they surely pulled his record showing he was an absconded sex offender out of Florida. During the ongoing investigation did they go to the home of his girlfriend during this time who has now given very damaging evidence against CC? It breaks my heart that Isa's little personal items were there all along buried in his exs backyard.

If they discovered his was an absconded sex offender then why wasn't he immediately arrested?

It's a very serious matter to have a serial sex offender in the area around children who hasn't registered in AZ.

TPD had to know when sex offenders don't register in their state it's because they are still up to no good, which CC was. By not being arrested he was able to murder not only one innocent child, but two.

Did the TPD drop the ball? Even if the TPD didnt connect him to Isa back then, they most assuredly would have checked his criminal background history, and would have alerted LE in Florida they had located an absconded sex offender in Tucson, and LE in Florida would have sent detectives to pick up CC, and put him in jail back in Florida.

Remember John Couey, and Joe Duncan also were both absconded sex offenders? Even though both were ..they were allowed to roam free to abduct, and murder little children.

Plus CC told his girlfriend at the time he had FOUR bodies buried in the desert.

He even told the inmate he had done this before, and he would get away with it again.

It shows the arrogance so many pedophile murderers have. They think they are invincible because they have gotten away with other murders of children, but were never caught.

If TPD had actually investigated who CC was years ago, and his criminal history, it's a good possibility Maribel may not have become his victim after murdering Isa. Did CC have a job? Did they not do a criminal background check?

Fgs, CC was using his real name so all it would have taken TPD was to put his name in showing he has sex offenses against children all the way back to the age of 15. It should have sent up a thousand red flags to the TPD.

Like in many cases that were unsolved for years finally someone in a relationship with them will finally tell what they have known for years.

I don't know how his ex lived with it knowing he murdered children, but at least she did finally come forth.

Imo, she will be one of the key witnesses in the trial that helps to put nails in his coffin.

When I even think of CC putting 'sexy Isabelle Celis' in his computer it literally makes me want to puke. It truly shows how pedophile murderers are the worst scum of the earth.

Jmho

Last edited:
ok i had forgotten about wanting the car released. that is why he thinks he will bring reasonable doubt.... the evidence needed to connect him was destroyed after he got the car out. doubt it works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne