AZ AZ - James Daniels Jr, 42, from WY, moving friend w/refrig trk b/w Kingman & Wickenburg 21 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi @GonzoGirl5 and all. I was looking at an article on another case tonight and it led me to the article about Wyomings new missing person database and I looked there and saw James. I am late to the discussion hope to add a few thoughts, comments and help if I can.

First, let me link an article I saw.
Missing person: James Daniels JR 'Mojo'
The Teton County Sheriffs’ office is seeking information about a missing person, James Daniels Jr, “JD” or “Mojo.”

Mojo was believed to be traveling in Arizona on Aug. 21 with a white international box truck with “Liberty Distribution” on both sides and “Got Milk” on the back.

Teton County residents who have information about Mojo’s whereabouts or plans in Arizona are asked to contact dispatch at 307-733-2331.

Mojave County, Arizona law enforcement has opened a missing person case.
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 12.04.19 AM.png

Ok, my questions or thoughts. I apologize if I have missed a detail. It is hard to go back and verify while in the middle of writing a long post.

1. Where is the friend now? Did he end up driving to Mississippi? I am wondering if he did not want to drive the truck because of the tag and him having no license. Seems like that would be the less risky thing to do. Why was he moving to Mississippi anyway?

2. The friend's behavior at the house is troubling. Would he normally be prone to that type of sleeping pattern? Washing the clothes twice and showering is bothersome. Makes me wonder if he was trying to remove evidence of some sort. Or if he was coming off of some drug?

3. Do you know what time the trooper arrived on the scene? Time and date exactly? I would like to see if there is a recording of this dispatch call. (ETA - I see now you said 4:50 am on the 22nd. ) Now, I wonder what exactly someone driving could see that time of day to think a man was acting weird on the highway? I need to figure out the sunrise time.

4. Do you know the items that were pawned?

5. The tow yard for the truck. It should have a tow ticket I believe. Did the responding trooper decide to tow the truck right away? If so, that seems odd as what if JD would have come back to the truck? (The same thing happened in another case I am following) I don't know the law there but wondering if they tow immediately or place a sticker to tow days later? If you can get the tow ticket you will want that to help form a timeline.

6. Is there any chance one or both of the guys could have been doing something that they would not have told anyone else about? (sorry trying to be vague so it is allowed) Delivering something for someone?

7. Has anyone had access to JD's checking accounts or credit cards to know if there has been activity?

8. There should be cell phone pings. Has LE mentioned anything about looking for those? What are they doing? Any chance they would take a cadaver dog to the truck?

9. What type of searching was done? Dogs, helicopters, anything?

(Request every copy of everything -police report, tow ticket, receipts, etc- you can get your hands on. You never know when you might need it or what it might show. )

Ok, that is all my questions for now. Sorry, so many. As far as publicity and getting the word out.

My suggestions are:
1. Make a missing page
2. post on Twitter, there are some following the Gabby Petito case that are looking into the angle of BL being responsible for more deaths. I do not buy into that theory, but if you have a presence on Twitter and others become aware of another missing person during this time frame it might help bring attention. I can't link other twitters here but you could likely search and find good posts to comment under. Post on all the community pages around the area that you can find.
3. Get James entered in NAMUS. I don't find him there. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
4. Get an info brief together and email reporters and papers. Even national ones as many are attempting to focus on other missing people as a result of GP's notoriety.
5. Reporters want something to cover. Give them that. A press conference, a search party, a vigil...anything.
6. Tiktok worked wonders for Gabby- possibly consider here.

Lastly, I will try to get a map together to offer a good visual.

Last edited:
It looks like my posts were removed with the upgrade.

@Advocate4 thank you for posting that info. It took me a bit to get accepted into the lost dogs of az group and interestingly enough, the Wickenburg post showed up on my newsfeed.

I did find the original post by theowner of Penny. It seems odd that they too were moving from Nevada to Mississippi at the same time.

Also the pic of the dog posted in post #106 is one of the photos from the lost dog fb page.

Just some observations.

Wait, what the actual…?

so, somebody also moving from Nevada to Mississippi at the same time lost their dog which happens to be the same dog that was with James when he was helping his friend move to Mississippi?

@GonzoGirl5 can you help us clear this up? this isn’t making sense and is starting to sound fishy in a whole new way

Wait, what the actual…?

so, somebody also moving from Nevada to Mississippi at the same time lost their dog which happens to be the same dog that was with James when he was helping his friend move to Mississippi?

@GonzoGirl5 can you help us clear this up? this isn’t making sense and is starting to sound fishy in a whole new way

I'm not sure what's with the (fake) story but the woman posting that is an admin on James missing page... Strange

Ok, I have trolled social media a bit before seeing the post above about the dog Penny. I’m limited with what is available to be said here because of TOS. But search the name that posted dog missing and see what you find. I don’t understand why it was shared the way it was either. But it appears to have been shared after James was known to be missing.

ok interesting. I was just thinking that it could be someone who knows James posing as the dog owner to get people out there looking for the dog.

what is James’ missing page? Thanks.
Unfortunately we are only able to link to pages run by family and this one does not appear to be the case. You can find it pretty easy if you look on Facebook with his name. Sorry I can’t help more.

Was the refrigerated truck ever picked up from being impounded?

Are there any more details regarding "the collision"? I'm really interested in this aspect, considering it sounds like our verified insider doesn't believe any collision occurred, but "in a collision" is listed as the reason the truck is impounded.

@GonzoGirl5 can you post the screenshots of the texts? The more eyes on the messages the better, imo. They might hold more info.

AD doesn't drink at all? Do you know why? The shot of whiskey is very odd, as well as the cleanliness when he normally is chill not being the cleanest.

My hope against hope is that someone picked up James and took him to a hospital where he's an alive John Doe who can't remember his name, recovering from "the collision" or something.

Wait, what the actual…?

What is going on!!! I thought the box truck never made it to Wickenburg?

What is going on!!! I thought the box truck never made it to Wickenburg?

it seems as though that story (about the dog being lost or taken from the gas station) may have been fabricated. probably not the smartest move especially as it could possibly muddle the investigation a bit, but yeah it seems like a red herring so to speak

it seems as though that story (about the dog being lost or taken from the gas station) may have been fabricated. probably not the smartest move especially as it could possibly muddle the investigation a bit, but yeah it seems like a red herring so to speak
From what I understand, the original post had been made by a friend of both men traveling together, in an attempt by her to find the little dog. She was going on the information given to her by the man who enlisted the help of JD to move to Mississippi. She later found out, a trooper responded to a call about the box truck and a disoriented man. The trooper did not see anyone around the truck but he did see Penny, who got scared and ran off into the desert. That is the last anyone saw of Penny and JD has not been heard from since.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the original post had been made by a friend of both men traveling together, in an attempt by her to find the little dog. She was going on the information given to her by the man who enlisted the help of JD to move to Mississippi. She later found out, a trooper responded to a call about the box truck and a disoriented man. The trooper did not see anyone around the truck but he did see Penny, who got scared and ran off into the desert. That is the last anyone saw of Penny and JD has not been heard from since.

ok, but...

a) I don't believe the dog actually belongs to the woman who wrote the post, and she wasn't moving from Nevada to Mississippi, so why did she write it as if it was her dog and that the dog got lost along the way?

b) the dog didn't disappear from the gas station, so why say that it did?
c) if she is friends with both men, why make it sound like the "guy with the box truck" abducted the dog from the gas station and took off? was she told this by the friend? this doesn't make any sense if she was friends with both of them and knew they were traveling together.

as I said, I don't believe she meant any harm, and was probably just trying to help draw attention to the case, but it's never a good idea to put misinformation out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back