GUILTY AZ - Jamie Lynnette Yazzie, 31, Pinon, Navajo Reservation, found deceased, 30 June 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live about an hour from Pinon, there's a lot of desert waste land around there, sand for miles. I hate to say this but it would be convenient for someone to leave a body out there. I don't recall if there was ever a search party for her, perhaps early on they did. I'm not sure. Drones would help. I know the tribal police have very limited resources. Basically it falls on family and friends to organize a search. They need to keep an eye on that boyfriend, sounds very suspicious.

Jamie Lynnette Yazzie NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance On 6/30/2019, Jamie made a call to relatives during a verbal altercation with her boyfriend. Family members have not seen Jamie since 6/29/2019 and she has failed to show up to work.

Oh god... I feel that an “altercation” is likely a bad one if you’re calling your family in the middle of it. I am so sad to be thinking that she is no longer alive. :(

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Location Found Map
LocationDilkon, Arizona 86047
CountyNavajo County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal LandYes
Circumstances of RecoveryNavajo Nation PD received a call regarding possible human remains located in a wash 9 miles east of milepost 8 on Indian Route 60. Officers determined the skeletonized remains were human and criminal investigators were called in. A two day search was conducted that located several bone pieces scattered throughout the wash.

Item
Description
Clothing
Blue and white sock Beige Bra Blue/Gray shirt with the word "Love" on the front of the shirt Black Beanie Gray Leggings Jacket
Near the Body

Any thoughts?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Location Found Map
LocationDilkon, Arizona 86047
CountyNavajo County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal LandYes
Circumstances of RecoveryNavajo Nation PD received a call regarding possible human remains located in a wash 9 miles east of milepost 8 on Indian Route 60. Officers determined the skeletonized remains were human and criminal investigators were called in. A two day search was conducted that located several bone pieces scattered throughout the wash.

Item
Description
Clothing
Blue and white sock Beige Bra Blue/Gray shirt with the word "Love" on the front of the shirt Black Beanie Gray Leggings Jacket
Near the Body

Any thoughts?

I think this could be Jamie, but there isn't really much info yet. I mapped the location where the remains were found from where NamUs mapped the location to where Jamie was, according to her NamUs page:

upload_2020-5-1_6-18-50.png
Google Maps

Neither location is very accurate, only approximate. No one know exactly where Jamie was, and the partial remains were found in a wash 9 miles east of the road. The size of the clothing might be an important clue. Jamie's family might recognize some of the clothing. IMO, they will need to do DNA testing.

The Navajo Nation Police Department is in charge of the remains, as they were found on Navajo land, and of Jamie's missing case so hopefully this will be helpful in the investigation.

Edited to add map link!

I think this could be Jamie, but there isn't really much info yet. I mapped the location where the remains were found from where NamUs mapped the location to where Jamie was, according to her NamUs page:

View attachment 245214
Google Maps

Neither location is very accurate, only approximate. No one know exactly where Jamie was, and the partial remains were found in a wash 9 miles east of the road. The size of the clothing might be an important clue. Jamie's family might recognize some of the clothing. IMO, they will need to do DNA testing.

The Navajo Nation Police Department is in charge of the remains, as they were found on Navajo land, and of Jamie's missing case so hopefully this will be helpful in the investigation.

Edited to add map link!
Thanks for the map! The Navajo Nation Police can also call in the FBI if they wish. The FBI often has lab resources to test DNA that other LE groups do not. Partnerships in violent crimes between them is not uncommon on the reservation.

Yes I agree that the size of the clothing would help, and maybe someone close to her would be able to verify that they recognize any of those items. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take so many months to test the DNA.
Please let there be justice for beautiful Jamie!

Jamie Lynnette Yazzie – The Charley Project
yazzie_jamie9.jpg
yazzie_jamie4.jpg
yazzie_jamie6.jpg
yazzie_jamie2.jpg
yazzie_jamie3.jpg

Jamie Lynnette Yazzie
  • Missing Since 06/30/2019
  • Missing From Pinon, Arizona
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Age 31 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5. 230 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description - A ring with a blue stone.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Native American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Yazzie's hair was waist-length at the time of her disappearance. She wears prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, and her ears are pierced. She has a scar above her left eye and burn scars on the bottoms of her feet. Yazzie may use the name Jamie Yazzie Montoya. She is a member of the Dine (Navajo) Tribe.
Details of Disappearance
Yazzie was last seen in Pinon, Arizona on June 30, 2019. She called her relatives that day, during a verbal altercation with her boyfriend. She has never been heard from again. On July 5, her silver 2008 Pontiac G6 with the Arizona license plate number CFR0350 was found abandoned less than a mile east from the Pinon Clinic, where she worked as a nursing assistant.

Yazzie may travel to Gallup, New Mexico or Window Rock, Flagstaff, Scottsdale or Phoenix, Arizona. Few details are available in her case.

Interesting comment by AG about a 2-story house. MOO
Navajo Police Department
26 Aug
The FBI and Chinle Police Department continue to seek information about the disappearance of Jamie Lynette Yazzie. Yazzie was last seen on the evening of June 30, 2019, in the area of Pinon, Arizona.
Anyone with information about her whereabouts or if anyone has any details and circumstances surrounding her disappearance is asked to contact the Phoenix Office of the FBI at (623) 466-1999 or the Chinle Police Department at (928) 674-2111.
###

DEC 17, 2020
FBI Seeks Public's Assistance in Homicide and Missing Person Investigations in Navajo Nation — FBI
"The goal of our partnership with the Navajo Nation is to help them make their communities safer," said James Langenberg, special agent in charge of the Albuquerque FBI Division. "The FBI has made it a priority to translate as many posters as possible into the Navajo language so we can solve these cases and provide justice for the victims and their families."

Link to poster in the Navajo language: Jamie Yazzie Navajo 8-20-2020.pdf

Screenshot (624).png

APR 22, 2021
FBI Offering A $5,000 Reward For Information Into Navajo Woman, Missing Since 2019 In Pinon | KAFF News - Flagstaff | Prescott News (gcmaz.com)
The FBI and Navajo Department of Criminal Investigations continue to seek information about the disappearance of a Navajo woman near Pinon. ... The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person, or people, responsible for the disappearance. Anyone with information into the whereabouts of Jamie, call the FBI at (623) 466-1999 or the Chinle Police Department at (928) 674-2111. You can also submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back