AZ AZ - Jarrett Brooks, 16, last seen near I-40, Joseph City area, 4 Jul 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sources said he left without his wallet, correct?
Was there ever a reward offered?
Why did child protective services have to get involved?
The White Mountain Independent has some interesting information, IMHO.
At least in my area, it’s not uncommon for CPS to keep tabs on a kid who has run away and/or had a lot of legal issues or mental health episodes. Even if the guardian isn’t accused of abuse or neglect, they will sometimes get involved to support the family with the mindset that the child likely needs intervention beyond what the caregivers can give.

In all the MSM stories I read, I didn’t see it described as running back and forth. Walking across the field away from his home, is what I read.

But LE has never addressed that siting as far as I know. My first thought is he intended to self harm. He was already in trouble with his parents. I assume he knew there were cameras in the room where he took the gun. So he would be in even bigger trouble now. If not self harm, he never intended to come back home IMO.

How far out of town was the home? I’ve seen mention of a lake across the road in that area. Belongs to a power company, restricted access but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t have found a way in. Unless there is something undisclosed I haven’t seen. IMO, he’s likely pretty close to home.

Per the link below, his parents think someone may be holding Jarrett against his will ?

The parents of missing Arizona teenager Jarrett Brooks believe he is possibly being held against his will after vanishing over a year ago.
His parents believe he met someone and left the area.

I wonder if they have a clue as to whom it could be ?
An acquaintance who has since left the area ?
Just throwing that out there.
Omo.

Where is this boy and why did he act so irrational? I<modsnip: no source link for information>
He's 16. What part of the story seems irrational to you? I feel we need more context but would value your view on that question. I see so much, my lines may be blurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
(NewsNation) — The parents of Jarrett Brooks, an Arizona teenager who vanished more than a year ago, say they believe their son is still alive and was likely picked up by someone after leaving their home.

In a Sunday interview on “NewsNation Prime,” Laura and Brian Brooks expressed hope that multiple reported sightings of Jarrett across several states indicate he’s still out there.

Brian Brooks dismissed initial concerns that his son might harm himself, citing Jarrett’s familiarity with firearms and love of hunting. “That wasn’t the mindset of Jarrett. He’s not that kid,” he said.

The parents firmly believe Jarrett was picked up by someone after search dogs lost his scent in a nearby pasture. Laura Brooks noted the area had been extensively searched without any sign of her son.

Video at link.
RBM.
Hopefully Jarrett is alive and well somewhere.

Re. the red bolded : Except... it wasn't like him to vanish, either, so ...
From everything I've read here, Jarrett had not run away before this ?
Omo.

Sources said he left without his wallet, correct?
Was there ever a reward offered?
Why did child protective services have to get involved?
The White Mountain Independent has some interesting information, IMHO.
In the link that you shared, it is written that police are considering this a possible homicide. That has me a little bit stomped, and wonder if they know more than has been released. Because, if anything, I would be more concerned that this is a suicide. Is there any evidence that he came back home?

AUG 12, 2024

Missing: Jarrett Brooks' family thinks he's alive, being held​

In this interview, the Brooks openly state Jarrett's disappearance has nothing to do with their plea deal's for Public Sexual Indecency in 2005. They say DCF has investigated and found nothing. Further, also in this interview - LE directly states they have also looked for a connection and there is no evidence to support a connection/correlation to the parent's crimes in 2004 and Jarrett going missing in 2023.

If the parents are correct and Jarrett didn't take the gun to self-harm. He left with someone, but I'm wondering how there was no evidence of any communication with who that person may be?

In this interview, the Brooks openly state Jarrett's disappearance has nothing to do with their plea deal's for Public Sexual Indecency in 2005. They say DCF has investigated and found nothing. Further, also in this interview - LE directly states they have also looked for a connection and there is no evidence to support a connection/correlation to the parent's crimes in 2004 and Jarrett going missing in 2023.

If the parents are correct and Jarrett didn't take the gun to self-harm. He left with someone, but I'm wondering how there was no evidence of any communication with who that person may be?
If he got paid in cash (his parents weren't controlling his purchases) he may have used a burner phone.
Not sure how remote the area is where they lived. Cell phone tower pings?

Very skeptical of him meeting someone ‘new’ and taking the gun along for protection. In order for that to happen the person would have had to have been very local (or staying local) in order to supposedly pick him up that quickly. Also skeptical of who the guys saw in the pasture. If it were so far away that they had to get into their vehicles to see who or what was going on there is no way they could 100% say the person was JB.

I really hope that Jarrett got tired of what he may have felt were unreasonable constraints/rules in the home (not saying there were any OR that they were or were not unreasonable) and chose to leave home. I have a farm boy of my own who was working on farms his whole life and was getting an almost full-time paycheck (due to COVID online school) working for a custom home builder by his sophmore year of high school so I know a lot of these kids are - at least in many ways - much more mature and responsible than the average kid. My daughter has a guy friend (another farm boy) that came from a very dysfunctional family and left home (in NJ) at 17 y/o and went to work on a ranch in Montana.

I hope Jarrett did the same thing.

The taking of the gun could be concerning but I don’t think it was for self-harm (at least I hope not). I feel like if he was going to self-harm his body would have been found by now since it’s rather difficult to hide your own body after you’re dead. I also feel (IMO) that if he were to self-harm he may have done so away from the house in order to spare his siblings, but I think he may have wanted his parents to know he killed himself so they would feel guilty for being (in his feelings) so hard on him.

So WHY did he take the gun? Was it for protection from wildlife, protection from other people he may encounter, to defend himself if his parents tried to bring him home, etc? Was he was planning on being out in the wilderness even for a little while - maybe to clear his head, think of his next steps, make his parents worry, etc. But then what happened before he could return home? The sudden ending of his scent is very concerning and makes me feel he was picked up by a vehicle, ATV, horseback, etc. Or did he know enough about tracking to backtrack so it would appear as if his trail suddenly stopped?

I hope the area has been extensively searched for any ground openings (Mining shafts, caves, animal dens, old wells, etc).

I hope that he is safe out there somewhere - working on a ranch in Montana, living off the grid in Alaska, etc. But I also hope that if he is doing any of these things he reaches out to a trusted person to let his family and LE know (and be able to verify) that he is truly OK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back