AZ AZ - Jarrett Brooks, 16, last seen near I-40, Joseph City area, 4 Jul 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like many teenagers, sometimes Jarrett also got in trouble. One of those times happened the night before he disappeared when he was grounded for damaging one of the family’s vehicles.

It was the fourth time the teenager had gotten in trouble for taking the vehicle off-roading, the latest time breaking something on the vehicle even after he’d been told not to go off-road again.

Jarrett had been grounded the previous evening after his parents discovered he'd broken the family car's CV axle by driving the car off-road, which he had been warned not to do three times before.

Jarrett had been grounded the previous evening after his parents discovered he'd broken the family car's CV axle by driving the car off-road, which he had been warned not to do three times before.

Laura, who was the last family member to see him, said she bumped into him in the hallway on her way to have a shower about 6:15 am.

'He asked me if he was grounded from everything or just driving, and I told him everything. And then, I went into the bathroom to take my shower,' she said.

'He seemed fine, he just said, "OK", and turned around and went to his room. He didn't argue it, he didn't huff and puff or show any attitude.'

Laura explained that she discovered Jarrett had broken the $100 car part when he turned in his phone, as all their children are required to do before bed so they don't get distracted instead of sleeping.

Phones were also subject to random checks, and Laura founds texts between Jarrett and his friends discovering how to fix the car before his parents found out.

When Laura got out of the shower about 15 minutes later, Jarrett was gone - but it wasn't until about 6:45 am when she realized he wasn't at the house.

While his mother was in the shower, Jarrett had grabbed the gun, changed into his pants and boots, and slipped out of the house undetected.

Jarrett's parents still had his phone, and his wallet - containing his license and cash - was found in the pocket of a pair of gym shorts in his car.

Was his car a different one from the one he messed up?
I ask that because if it was, why didn’t he just leave in his car instead of walking?

Jarrett's parents still had his phone, and his wallet - containing his license and cash - was found in the pocket of a pair of gym shorts in his car.

Was his car a different one from the one he messed up?
I ask that because if it was, why didn’t he just leave in his car instead of walking?

That's not clear and may be an error on the part of the reporter. But if I had to guess, the vehicle keys were likely taken by the parents and he had no access. Not a stretch to say, look what they do with the kids cell phones every night ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back