AZ AZ - Jesse Conger, 37, marine veteran, Scottsdale, 14 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Bobby Richardson served with 37-year-old Jesse Conger in the Marine Corps, but now Richardson just hopes he can see an old friend again.

"Incredibly selfless guy, never wanted to shy away from helping people out, if he saw someone who had an issue he would jump right in and help him," said Richardson.

Conger has been missing since August 14. Scottsdale Police are hoping for help finding the veteran whose loved ones fear he may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

Police say Conger was last seen at his apartment in Scottsdale by his girlfriend. He is described as a 37-year-old white man, 6'2", 200 pounds, with brown hair, a full beard, and blue eyes. He has tattoos on his left arm and the word "rise" tattooed on his chest.

He may be driving a 2015 Toyota Camry with Nevada license plate number 696G03 and is believed to possibly be in Mexico.

Bill Pulte, the Chief Executive Officer of Pulte Capital and Blight Authority, offered to help in the search, vowing to give $10,000 in reward money to whoever helps find Conger.

If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of Jesse Conger, please call Scottsdale Police.

Search underway for missing Scottsdale marine

Last edited:
upload_2019-8-25_2-50-49.jpeg
Natasha Harwell is Conger's girlfriend of 5 years, "He laid in bed for all of Monday and all of Tuesday, and that's normally not like him."

Conger served in the United States Marine Corps for 10 years and was deployed in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Harwell said he's suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) since leaving the military.

"I asked him to get help. He kept telling me, 'No.' But I feel like I should've insisted a little bit more," Harwell said.

Harwell reported Conger missing the following day when he never came home and never answered her calls or texts. She said she also noticed his gun was missing, but other necessities were left behind.

"In the wallet-- it has his ID, his debit card, his credit card, everything. All of his stuff is here," she said. "I feel like all the times before when he's done this, it was more of like--you could know something was about to happen. He would talk to me about it, I could talk to him. This time he just picked up and left."
Billionaire philanthropist offering $10,000 reward for missing Scottsdale veteran

Twitter

Jesse Conger, 37, was last seen by his girlfriend, Natasha Harwell, during the early morning of Aug. 14 at their south Scottsdale apartment. She reported he was missing the next day.

According to Harwell, Conger moved from Utah to Arizona to live with her about a month ago; however, he seemed to be depressed for a few days before he went missing.

Harwell said Conger suffers from a post-traumatic stress disorder and depression after serving in the U.S. Marine Corps as a rescue swimmer for 10 years.
Scottsdale police search for U.S. Marine veteran missing more than a week

"Harwell reported Conger missing the following day when he never came home and never answered her calls or texts. She said she also noticed his gun was missing, but other necessities were left behind.

"In the wallet-- it has his ID, his debit card, his credit card, everything. All of his stuff is here," she said. "I feel like all the times before when he's done this, it was more of like--you could know something was about to happen. He would talk to me about it, I could talk to him. This time he just picked up and left."

Billionaire philanthropist offering $10,000 reward for missing Scottsdale veteran

"Harwell reported Conger missing the following day when he never came home and never answered her calls or texts. She said she also noticed his gun was missing, but other necessities were left behind.

My heart breaks for this Marine.

I'm afraid he was in such a deep stage of depression he has gone somewhere to end his life.

Our military gives so much of themselves protecting our freedoms.

I pray that am wrong, and he will be found, and given the therapy he badly needs, and deserves.

Jmho

“It's a huge issue to any human being who has ever lost a loved one to suicide. It's got to stop,” said Conger. “Why? What's going on in your life that's not being taken care of by leadership that you feel like you need to end your life?”

After returning from his last tour to Afghanistan, Conger found out a close friend of his had ended her own life while on deployment.

“I would have done anything to prevent it, and I would do anything with anyone else in the future to prevent that,” he said.

Having spent years dealing with the challenges of missionary work, training rescue swimmers and four deployments, Conger believes that leadership is a critical issue in the Marine Corps."

None left behind

Much more at link.

“It's a huge issue to any human being who has ever lost a loved one to suicide. It's got to stop,” said Conger. “Why? What's going on in your life that's not being taken care of by leadership that you feel like you need to end your life?”

After returning from his last tour to Afghanistan, Conger found out a close friend of his had ended her own life while on deployment.

“I would have done anything to prevent it, and I would do anything with anyone else in the future to prevent that,” he said.

Having spent years dealing with the challenges of missionary work, training rescue swimmers and four deployments, Conger believes that leadership is a critical issue in the Marine Corps."

None left behind

Much more at link.

Thanks so much for sharing this. This is absolutely gut wrenching.

Police said he also made suicidal statements in the days prior to his disappearance, according to Fox 10.

Pulte was said to have learned about Conger from Gretchen Smith, the founder of Code of Vets, a non-profit helping to bring awareness and take care of vets suffering from PTSD. She said the family is scared and out in the woods looking for him, as Conger reportedly left his wallet, phone and service dog behind.

"We feel like this is a true emergency," Smith told Fox 10. "We have to take action and [Pulte] wants to be a part of the veteran community in doing what he can to decrease that number that we have daily that's committing suicide."
Billionaire and philanthropist offering $10G reward for missing Marine

“Jesse, I love you. I love you so much.” Patricia Conger, Jesse's twin, said.

His family told 12 News that Jesse was social and able to make everyone laugh, but did suffer from depression.

His girlfriend, Natasha Harwell, said the two days before he disappeared he stayed in bed and did not talk to her. When she came home on Wednesday and Conger was not there, she filed a missing police report.

“We want to help you, we want -- whatever is going on, we will face it together. We will face it as a family, as a team.” Patricia said.

The search has now gone viral, after a tweet from PulteGroup CEO Bill Pulte offering $10,000 to help find the missing man
'Please come home and I love you': Search continues for missing Marine from Scottsdale

Founder of Twitter Philanthropy offers $10K reward for missing Scottsdale veteran

df389323-eee9-401e-b943-589c63bd4791-Jesse_Conger.jpg

In an effort to help the search, Twitter Philanthropy Inventor Bill Pulte sent out a tweet on Saturday announcing a $10,000 reward to anyone who finds the missing Marine.

The post read, "I am offering a $10,000 reward to the person who finds missing combat veteran Jesse near Lees Ferry, AZ. Trail Heads, Vistas and Look Out Points. Bring our brother-in-arms home!"

Prior to his disappearance last week, the 37-year-old veteran recently moved from Utah to Arizona to live with his girlfriend.

Harwell said Conger appeared to be depressed the few days leading up to being reported missing.

Founder of Twitter Philanthropy offers $10K reward for missing Scottsdale veteran

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back