AZ AZ - Jesse Conger, 37, marine veteran, Scottsdale, 14 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Senate Bill 289 will introduce a statewide Green Alert plan that will work almost exactly as the Silver and Amber alerts, but for veterans.
"The Green Alert plan would create a plan of action similar to an Amber Alert or Silver Alert which we have here in the state of West Virginia," said Sen. Ryan Weld, of Brooke County. "But it would be for a veteran or current military member who is known to suffer from some mental or emotional behavioral issues and has gone missing."

"I think it's important because we have such a high concentration of veterans in this state and the numbers, for example, on veteran suicide are really alarming," said Sen. Stephen Baldwin, of Greenbrier County.

Just like an Amber or Silver Alert, if an at-risk veteran went missing, the Green Alert would get information out to the public quicker and help law enforcement create a plan on how to deal with the situation.

"You see the signs on the highways, the electronic signs, that can be changed – lookout for this vehicle," Weld told WSAZ. "Same exact thing, the things that we see in place now for those programs would be put into place for the green alert programs."

The bill says the Secretary of the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety will establish the plan and authorize the media to alert the public when an at-risk veteran goes missing.

Wisconsin was the first state to have a Green Alert system and West Virginia would be the second, if implemented.

The bill is up for a second reading in the Senate on Friday.
Bill proposes new 'Green Alert' system for veterans

cannot love this idea more. excellent.

JAN 26, 2020
https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-marine-arizona-san-carlos-vehicle-foun
[...]

The Scottsdale Police Department told FOX10 on Saturday that Conger's car was discovered in San Carlos on Thursday, about 100 miles east of Phoenix.

Patricia Conger, his sister, shared on Facebook that his Toyota Camry was found with the keys in the ignition, with hunting and fishing gear inside.

[...]

"Jesse’s pistol is not there," she wrote.

Jesse-Conger-FB.jpg

His sister said Saturday that family members are working to find help from search dogs or "more specifically, cadaver dogs."

[...]

JAN 27, 2020
Police find vehicle of veteran who went missing in Scottsdale
[...]

Conger’s twin sister, Patricia, told KTAR News in August that Jesse talked about harming himself in the days leading up to his departure.

[...]

“He was paranoid,” Patricia said of her brother’s recent behavior. “He thought people were following him. He thought that he needed to protect his family.”

He has two children who live with their mother in Las Vegas.

Initially, it was thought Jesse could be headed to Mexico, but Patricia said at the time she no longer believed that was the case.

[...]

JAN 27, 2020
Missing Marine’s family relying on tribal government for help
The twin sister of a missing Arizona Marine veteran said Sunday night she was grateful to get help from officials at the San Carlos Indian reservation.

“I'm just so amazed and grateful to them for continuing the search,” said Patricia Conger, whose brother Jesse Conger went missing from his Scottsdale apartment in August.

[...]

“It is their jurisdiction, and now as I understand, sacred land, and I appreciate their help,” Patricia said.

[...]

According to Patricia Conger, the sedan was found with a full tank of gas. Photos from inside the car show it cluttered with papers and loose change. The car is covered in dust, inside and out.

[...]

Have there been any updates on this case? I haven’t seen anything in the local news in quite a while.
After a quick google search, I found this post on Jesse's family facebook page they set up for his case. Patricia Conger, Jesse's twin sister posted:

"... Our family and Jesse’s closest friends are in agreement with my assessment of what happened:
On August 14, 2019, Jesse took his firearm, the two bottles of pills, Xanax and Tramadol, and drove into the middle of nowhere and took his own life.
1.) He purchased Xanax, a dangerous drug that he knows makes him paranoid and forgetful, and started taking high doses of it.
2.)He left his service dog Oreo, money, and all means of communication in Natasha’s apartment.
3.)He drove in the exact opposite direction of his children.
4.) He drove until he came to a section of desert with no lights and turned down a small, dark dirt road.
5.) He drove to the very end a treacherous road that he knew would be impossible for him to drive back out of.
6.) He got out and walked away from the car.
7.) When he got to the place he was going, he swallowed all the pills and if that didn't kill him, he had his pistol as back up."​

As of right now, it doesn't appear that Jesse has been found. However, as evidenced by this Facebook post, it appears that he is now presumed deceased. Deepest condolences to Jesse's family and loved ones.

After a quick google search, I found this post on Jesse's family facebook page they set up for his case. Patricia Conger, Jesse's twin sister posted:

"... Our family and Jesse’s closest friends are in agreement with my assessment of what happened:
On August 14, 2019, Jesse took his firearm, the two bottles of pills, Xanax and Tramadol, and drove into the middle of nowhere and took his own life.
1.) He purchased Xanax, a dangerous drug that he knows makes him paranoid and forgetful, and started taking high doses of it.
2.)He left his service dog Oreo, money, and all means of communication in Natasha’s apartment.
3.)He drove in the exact opposite direction of his children.
4.) He drove until he came to a section of desert with no lights and turned down a small, dark dirt road.
5.) He drove to the very end a treacherous road that he knew would be impossible for him to drive back out of.
6.) He got out and walked away from the car.
7.) When he got to the place he was going, he swallowed all the pills and if that didn't kill him, he had his pistol as back up."​

As of right now, it doesn't appear that Jesse has been found. However, as evidenced by this Facebook post, it appears that he is now presumed deceased. Deepest condolences to Jesse's family and loved ones.

It looks like right now that his family is just trying to get on the reservation to see if they can find his remains.

RISE - Find Jesse Missing Veteran
This is so sad and tragic. Regardless of the jurisdictional challenges they are going through, the Tribal Nations in the area are practically on lock down. The one near me in Northern Arizona isn't accept any visitors at all due to the coronavirus running absolutely rampant through their communities :(

Does anyone know the exact location of where his car was found?
Older articles - were not giving up on you yet Jesse.

The Scottsdale Police Department said the car was located in San Carlos, about 105 miles from the city where Conger was last seen.
Vehicle belonging to missing Scottsdale Marine Jesse Conger found in eastern Arizona | 12news.com

The twin sister of a missing Arizona Marine veteran said Sunday night she was grateful to get help from officials at the San Carlos Indian reservation.

“I'm just so amazed and grateful to them for continuing the search,” said Patricia Conger, whose brother Jesse Conger went missing from his Scottsdale apartment in August.

Jesse’s Toyota Camry was found in a remote desert area Saturday on the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation.
upload_2021-2-9_1-59-58.jpeg
Patricia said reservation authorities assured her they will take up the search for Jesse Monday in the surrounding desert.

“It is their jurisdiction, and now as I understand, sacred land, and I appreciate their help,” Patricia said.

Jesse Conger served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. After returning home he suffered from PTSD and was suicidal, his family told 12 News.
Missing Marine’s family relying on tribal government for help | 12news.com

There is a Google map here where you can see where the family has already looked from early on before the vehicle was found.

We are working on finding help from search dogs or more specifically, cadaver dogs. We’re keeping the location private so that the dogs can have a relatively undisturbed area to work in. If anyone is able to volunteer help with dogs, can you please get in contact with me? Either through messenger or on my phone 619-871-7097. Thank you.
upload_2021-2-9_12-37-3.jpeg
Email- findjessemissingveteran@gmail.com
Find Jesse - Missing Veteran
upload_2021-2-9_12-46-41.png
Search for missing Marine Jesse Conger takes to the skies | 12news.com

upload_2021-2-9_12-48-13.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online