Recovered/Located AZ - Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, Camp Pendleton Marine, Surprise, 16 Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Surprise, Arizona, between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Monday.

He loves the Marines, was recently promoted and was excited to get back to Pendleton after a three-day leave that took him home to the suburbs west of Phoenix and a camping trip.

His phone last pinged Monday night in Arizona. But a Border Patrol camera spotted his truck the next morning traveling eastbound on Interstate 10 near Fort Hancock, Texas, southeast of El Paso.

Wallace is 6′3″ tall, about 205 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. He was driving a 2004 silver Ford Explorer Sport Trac pickup with Arizona license place CRF9682.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/20/arizona-family-searching-for-missing-camp-pendleton-marine/

job-wallace-marine.jpg

Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Surprise, Arizona, between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Monday.

He loves the Marines, was recently promoted and was excited to get back to Pendleton after a three-day leave that took him home to the suburbs west of Phoenix and a camping trip.

His phone last pinged Monday night in Arizona. But a Border Patrol camera spotted his truck the next morning traveling eastbound on Interstate 10 near Fort Hancock, Texas, southeast of El Paso.

Wallace is 6′3″ tall, about 205 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. He was driving a 2004 silver Ford Explorer Sport Trac pickup with Arizona license place CRF9682.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/20/arizona-family-searching-for-missing-camp-pendleton-marine/

job-wallace-marine.jpg
He left home in AZ and was due back in San Diego (west) but truck was spotted east and traveling east in TX, which is a 7+ hour drive. Confirmed to be him driving the vehicle? Obviously a concern since he traveled overnight in the wrong direction.

From above link:

"Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, was last seen leaving a friend’s house in Surprise, Arizona, between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Monday, his mother, Stacy Wallace, said."

Wonder what time the border patrol cam caught his vehicle in Fort Hancock. Was it 4 am? That would possibly support his immediately heading that direction. But if it was spotted much later, no telling what happened during that lapse of time or who was driving.
7+ hours.....how much gas does that tank hold? Would it have had to make a stop for gas? Any credit card activity/video to support a stop at a gas station?

Wonder what time the border patrol cam caught his vehicle in Fort Hancock. Was it 4 am? That would possibly support his immediately heading that direction. But if it was spotted much later, no telling what happened during that lapse of time or who was driving.
7+ hours.....how much gas does that tank hold? Would it have had to make a stop for gas? Any credit card activity/video to support a stop at a gas station?
Plus that is all major interstate travel, since the vehicle was seen on I 10, chances are there is more CCTV footage of it before then. Maybe after. El Paso is so close to the border and he might have crossed. But again, there would be evidence of that.

So either:
1) He decided NOT to return to the marine base and took off elsewhere.
2) Someone harmed him and/or stole his vehicle and is driving off with it.

I wonder if he was supposed to pick up a passenger on his way back? I’ve heard sometimes people will give a ride to another co worker if they are passing through the same area? The vehicle is older so I’m not feeling someone harmed him to steal that. Not saying someone could have needed a ride desperately. Just throwing out ideas to keep me from thinking he may not have been as excited as the friends thought? Hmm.

I wonder if he was supposed to pick up a passenger on his way back? I’ve heard sometimes people will give a ride to another co worker if they are passing through the same area? The vehicle is older so I’m not feeling someone harmed him to steal that. Not saying someone could have needed a ride desperately. Just throwing out ideas to keep me from thinking he may not have been as excited as the friends thought? Hmm.
The vehicle was reportedly spotted in Texas. So he would have started out driving west, back to San Diego and picked someone up, who then took the vehicle back in the direction east. Anything possible.

If he wanted to head for the border there are much faster ways from AZ or even Pendleton than driving to El Paso to cross. I too am wondering if it was his actual truck they saw and confirmed w plates. There is another missing Marine in AZ name Jesse Conger.

I know from personal experience that this is common in the military. Do we know if the sighting in Texas allowed enough time to get back to the base in time to check in?

SEP 19, 2019
US Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton goes missing in Arizona
[...]

The matter has been turned over to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

“NCIS and our partners are working diligently to locate Lance Cpl. Wallace and bring him home safely,” Kurt Thomas, special agent in charge of the NCIS Marine Corps West Field Office, said in a statement.

SEP 20, 2019
Camp Pendleton Marine goes missing on return from leave
[...]

According to his family, he became impossible to contact after stopping to see the friend in Arizona, but his vehicle was spotted on surveillance video the next morning near Fort Hancock, Texas. The family isn’t sure if it was Wallace actually driving the truck.

[...]

He was last seen wearing jeans, a blue and gray Colorado t-shirt with a small emblem on the left breast, brown leather slip-on shoes and glasses.

The Wallace family said on Facebook that the Marine Corps and FBI were aware of his disappearance, though the FBI did not believe it was a criminal case, and because Wallace is an adult, they will not be involved in the investigation.

[...]

70433314_10219947497068177_5119047047655194624_n.jpg

SEP 20, 2019
Mother of missing U.S. Marine from Arizona asks for the public's help
[...]

The family has started a Facebook page titled "Missing Marine" to get the word out to the public, Wallace said over the phone.

[...]

"I want the public to know that he is a really gentle person who gave up scholarships and college opportunities to serve his country," Wallace said.

[...]

Wallace's truck was last spotted Tuesday morning east of El Paso, Texas, near Fort Hancock on a Border Patrol surveillance video. The face of the driver was covered so it is undetermined if Wallace was driving.

The family has also created an email for any information or tips regarding Wallace's disappearance. Anyone with information should email missingmarine@hotmail.com.

Last edited:
I don't think they've confirmed it was him in the truck. Which is worrisome, imo
ETA:Camp Pendleton Marine goes missing on return from leave

From link: The family is not sure if it was Job driving the truck.
That's more what I'm worried about. I don't think he would drive 7 1/2 hours east to Texas to pick up someone and then back 7 1/2 hours west to Surprise AZ and another hours 5 1/2 hours continuing west to Camp Pendleton. JMO

I'm afraid if it wasn't him driving, something has happened to him. The only other explanation is that he really did not want to return to base and panicked and took off in the opposite direction. JMO

SEP 19, 2019
US Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton goes missing in Arizona
[...]

The matter has been turned over to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

“NCIS and our partners are working diligently to locate Lance Cpl. Wallace and bring him home safely,” Kurt Thomas, special agent in charge of the NCIS Marine Corps West Field Office, said in a statement.

SEP 20, 2019
Camp Pendleton Marine goes missing on return from leave
[...]

According to his family, he became impossible to contact after stopping to see the friend in Arizona, but his vehicle was spotted on surveillance video the next morning near Fort Hancock, Texas. The family isn’t sure if it was Wallace actually driving the truck.

[...]

He was last seen wearing jeans, a blue and gray Colorado t-shirt with a small emblem on the left breast, brown leather slip-on shoes and glasses.

The Wallace family said on Facebook that the Marine Corps and FBI were aware of his disappearance, though the FBI did not believe it was a criminal case, and because Wallace is an adult, they will not be involved in the investigation.

[...]

70433314_10219947497068177_5119047047655194624_n.jpg

BBM Key words there.... Supposedly this friend was last to see him. Only one to see him?

I'm sorry I don't know how to post maps but the driving distance between Surprise, AZ and El Paso, TX is 453 miles.......In the opposite direction of where he should've been headed (Camp Pendleton in southern CA). Drive time is about 7 hours. If he left the friend's house at 9pm Monday, that'd put him in El Paso about 4am? It says the surveillance video showed the truck at about 9am Tuesday. That leaves some unaccounted for hours. It also says that video was from a checkpoint. It also states the driver's face was covered so it's hard to tell who it is. If it was a manned checkpoint, wouldn't it be odd to have a driver's face covered? If it's unmanned and only video monitored, then well that's a shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here
Back