Recovered/Located AZ - Lance Cpl. Job Wallace, 20, Camp Pendleton Marine, Surprise, 16 Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! Where did that story come from? Who is telling it?

That story came from a leaked FBI memo.

The person who leaked it was uncomfortable about their silence in regards to a potential threat.

We don’t know who provided this information to the FBI, but it sounds like atleast one of the two people who came forward is a friend of Job’s.

I'll be honest, I'm married to a Marine. That makes me biased. I'm also prior USAF and a RN. We've also got a son who is super diligent and hell bent on succeeding. He's a bit younger than JW. I tremble at the amount of young men I see missing. I also know that schizophrenia presents itself (statistcally) early 20's. I just wish there could be a bit of grace extended to these young men. The same that is extended to EVERY MISSING person in this forum.

I agree. I feel so bad for Job's mother.

That story came from a leaked FBI memo.

The person who leaked it was uncomfortable about their silence in regards to a potential threat.

We don’t know who provided this information to the FBI, but it sounds like atleast one of the two people who came forward is a friend of Job’s.

Thanks. I saw the memo. I just want to make sure the source isn't the friend he was last with.

Regarding his Instagram...

Here’s how the page looked on the evening of September 21, 2019:
jobinsta.jpg

A few minutes later, it was updated to show a new profile picture. It’s not clear by whom.
jobinsta2.jpg

Images from Job Covey Wallace: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to the leaked memo...

Evening of Sept 16 - JW claimed to be hearing voices and wanted to get rid of child traffickers at the border.
Sept 17 - His vehicle was photographed at the Fort Hancock Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX.
Sept 18 - His vehicle had not traveled into or out of Mexico.

When was the sighting in Dallas - yesterday? Has he changed his mind and gone on a different course?

According to a post on JW's mom fb page, the FBI stopped investigating the case because JW is an adult, no evidence he's missing involuntarily, and no crime committed.

Inquires to FBI are being referred to Naval Criminal Investigative Services (NCIS) -- as also reported by San Diego ABC/News 10 .

A Surprise police spokesman says officers took a report and have turned the matter over to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

"NCIS and our partners are working diligently to locate Lance Cpl. Wallace and bring him home safely," Kurt Thomas, special agent in charge of the NCIS Marine Corps West Field Office, said in a statement. bbm

He urged anyone with information on his whereabouts to contact the NCIS or local law enforcement. Wallace is 6'3" tall, about 205 pounds with brown hair and green eyes.

According to the leaked memo...

Evening of Sept 16 - JW claimed to be hearing voices and wanted to get rid of child traffickers at the border.
Sept 17 - His vehicle was photographed at the Fort Hancock Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX.
Sept 18 - His vehicle had not traveled into or out of Mexico.

When was the sighting in Dallas - yesterday? Has he changed his mind and gone on a different course?

No specific time, and no independent confirmation from law enforcement. This is what his missing page says:

UPDATE: We have reasonably credible evidence that Job’s truck was spotted yesterday afternoon in the SE Dallas metro area. If you have friends/family in the part of the country, please share the information. Thank you all.

... the FBI stopped investigating the case ...

...Inquires to FBI are being referred to Naval Criminal Investigative Services (NCIS) --
RSBM and BBM
Can we assume this means that NCIS has jurisdiction over the FBI in this case?

ETA: He was last seen in metro Dallas? Hmm... that's not near the border. wonder what he's doing...

No specific time, and no independent confirmation from law enforcement. This is what his missing page says:

UPDATE: We have reasonably credible evidence that Job’s truck was spotted yesterday afternoon in the SE Dallas metro area. If you have friends/family in the part of the country, please share the information. Thank you all.

If previous confirmed sighting was Ft Hancock, Tx (near El Paso), he's traveled close to 600 miles (8+ hours) to arrive Dallas.

I wonder if he has family and/or friends in that area?

Truly hoping he's safe, and makes contact with his mother.

RSBM and BBM
Can we assume this means that NCIS has jurisdiction over the FBI in this case?

ETA: He was last seen in metro Dallas? Hmm... that's not near the border. wonder what he's doing...

No it's not.

However, Ft Hancock and/or El Paso certainly is very near the border. (Previous sighting before Dallas update).

If previous confirmed sighting was Ft Hancock, Tx (near El Paso), he's traveled close to 600 miles (8+ hours) to arrive Dallas.

I wonder if he has family and/or friends in that area?

Truly hoping he's safe, and makes contact with his mother.

Yeah. I think it’s quite likely he will ultimately visit someone he knows.

Unless he withdrew a large amount of cash (which is certainly possible), he’ll find himself forced to use a card.

If that doesn’t happen, a license plate reader or traffic stop could bring this to a conclusion.

Hopefully this ends well.

Yeah. I think it’s quite likely he will ultimately visit someone he knows.

Unless he withdrew a large amount of cash (which is certainly possible), he’ll find himself forced to use a card.

If that doesn’t happen, a license plate reader or traffic stop could bring this to a conclusion.

Hopefully this ends well.
I hope you are right in hoping this ends well. Could it be that someone else has his vehicle as a diversion?

I hope you are right in hoping this ends well. Could it be that someone else has his vehicle as a diversion?

I highly doubt it. If he was truly planning something, it sounds like it was because he was suffering some sort of psychological problems (hearing voices).

That would likely mean that whatever he is doing, he is doing for his own reasons.

Good luck finding someone to help you pull something like that off, especially when you’re not thinking all that rationally.

Besides, that would probably mean another missing person.

I think he’s behind the wheel.

Good math...good theory. What do you suspect after Yuma in that case? He turned around and headed back east for some reason? Or he ran into trouble in Yuma and his truck was taken? JMO

Since I can actually claim to have been in Yuma (once-enough) I know it's relatively small town and hopefully he would have been spotted there somewhere.

PS. No offense to Yuma. Just that it was one of the hottest places I’ve ever been.

The JW that I knew would not have willingly gone AWOL.

However, based on new information that I’ve seen here on the thread, I realize that the JW I knew 3 years ago would not have gone AWOL - time is the great leveler, apparently.

If the leaked FBI report is accurate, then I would guess that he has suffered/is suffering a psychotic break. After reading the FBI report and the reporting via The Young Turks, I hope that JW is found quickly, with no violence or injuries to anyone.

While it is possible that this FBI report and other information may not be accurate - as I’ve seen mentioned a couple of times, it would explain many things about the situation.

Come home safe, Job.

I highly doubt it. If he was truly planning something, it sounds like it was because he was suffering some sort of psychological problems (hearing voices).

That would likely mean that whatever he is doing, he is doing for his own reasons.

Good luck finding someone to help you pull something like that off, especially when you’re not thinking all that rationally.

Besides, that would probably mean another missing person.

I think he’s behind the wheel.
I agree. I don’t think anyone is helping him, but what IF he just randomly gave his vehicle to some stranger or left it with keys in it somewhere?
I wish I knew what the Dallas connection is because I’m not very far from there. This is very concerning.
You’re probably correct and for whatever reason he drove to Dallas but then what??

I agree. I don’t think anyone is helping him, but what IF he just randomly gave his vehicle to some stranger or left it with keys in it somewhere?
I wish I knew what the Dallas connection is because I’m not very far from there. This is very concerning.
You’re probably correct and for whatever reason he drove to Dallas but then what??

Don’t forget though, it seems that he’s suffering from some mental health problem.

There may not be a great deal of logic behind what he is doing, and where he is heading.

Perhaps he does have a location in mind, but maybe he’s just driving around aimlessly.

It’s possible that he’s abandoned his vehicle or something, but I doubt it. It’s his lifeline right now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back