AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

[…]

Vallow was not in court Friday, as she waived her right to appear. While her convictions for killing her two kids, Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan, are part of a high-profile case, her public defender, Gerald Bradley, says coverage has been prejudicial, and continued to argue against camera coverage of her case, telling presiding judge Justin Beresky that Vallow has received negative media attention.

"It does and will continue to impact my client's fair trial rights, and further camera coverage makes getting an impartial jury obviously more difficult," said Bradley.

"I don't watch news. I look at articles about news on my phone. This case has never come up on my news feed," said Judge Beresky.

"It's come up on mine," Bradley said.

"Well, probably because you're searching for it on your phone," Judge Beresky replied.

[…]
It should also be noted that, as a society, we have a very short attention span. Considering these events took place over five years ago now, a lot of people who maybe would have heard about it at the time have already moved on with their lives and totally forgotten about it by now. Some people might vaguely remember that it was somehow connected to missing kids, or that there was some Netflix show about it (two years ago already!) but the vast majority of the population (outside of Websleuthers :) will have moved on long ago, and even if they had read or seen something about it, unless there was some extenuating reason for them to retain the event in their long-term memory, they're not going to remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back