GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A. I know this family - my son has known them for more than 10 years. B. This is not all flat desert. It's farm land, washes, canals, mountains. C. They were not in proper city limits. Again, it's farmland outside of the city of Maricopa. D. Only one road going through there is paved. The majority of them are still dirt roads. Please don't speculate as if you know the area. All you do is confuse people who don't know and upset the people who do. Also, from an earlier post, they do car pool because Mesa is quite a trek for them from Maricopa and it saves on fuel. The search is being centered from Raceway Bar and Grill because it's literally the only thing in the area open and has room for them to organize it at. This is out in the country. Not in a city where you can just pick a parking lot.

:welcome4:

Welcome locals and new posters, it is helpful to have fresh perspectives and thoughts. Thanks for any and all input. The above info is very interesting.

I am just reading along and nothing really stands out to me, yet everything is vague. The car being found abandoned is very alarming-was it full of gas and where would they normally gas up? Was this a normal work day routine or was this a random occurrence where Mike takes Tina? Car was said to be found a short distance from their home-that is odd. Has anyone mapped the trip to the workplace from the Careccia home? It would help to be able to narrow down an exact "last seen time" and any cell pings locations/times. The bank activity would be relevant. Any large withdrawals lately or debts owed?

JMO

:welcome4:

Welcome locals and new posters, it is helpful to have fresh perspectives and thoughts. Thanks for any and all input. The above info is very interesting.

I am just reading along and nothing really stands out to me, yet everything is vague. The car being found abandoned is very alarming-was it full of gas and where would they normally gas up? Was this a normal work day routine or was this a random occurrence where Mike takes Tina? Car was said to be found a short distance from their home-that is odd. Has anyone mapped the trip to the workplace from the Careccia home? It would help to be able to narrow down an exact "last seen time" and any cell pings locations/times. The bank activity would be relevant. Any large withdrawals lately or debts owed?

JMO

Let me just say (and then I'll be done. Lol) that the Pinal county sheriff's office is about as competent as the Boulder police department.
Speaking as a pinal county resident,
I'm not surprised there isn't more information....

Boy Oh Boy.....the similarities are strong. Only my opinion! I know when I wear a hat and if it's tight enough it gives me a bit of a "facelift." Pair that with major stress, lack of sleep, dehydration......if they aren't the same woman then they could be sisters! Also, perhaps the account that this woman is 5'2" is to throw people off or just erroneous. It is all too weird and timing very coincidental.

Can someone help me with this:

There is a quote in this article (http://tucson.com/ap/state/authorit...cle_7bd09b9e-da64-58cc-b9e8-3bb9ed2e6f77.html) by the brother in law of Michael who has been staying at the house:

“We’ve probably slept maybe four or five hours since Sunday night just running over different scenarios of what could have happened,” Dugan said.

I thought they reported them missing on MONDAY at 7pm, last seen at 5am. Does anyone else think that's strange?

Oops...it looks like I missed a page and saw Tricia's post about not mentioning what I just mentioned. Sorry.

I pray for Mike & Tina and their families.

There is a quote in this article (http://tucson.com/ap/state/authorit...cle_7bd09b9e-da64-58cc-b9e8-3bb9ed2e6f77.html) by the brother in law of Michael who has been staying at the house:

“We’ve probably slept maybe four or five hours since Sunday night just running over different scenarios of what could have happened,” Dugan said.

I thought they reported them missing on MONDAY at 7pm, last seen at 5am. Does anyone else think that's strange?

Wow. This is a really great catch! Again, we have no real timeline. Something is going on here that we can't help with. Nobody is asking the public for info. Misdirection by PCSD. Not unusual. There is no info to work with apart from public records and recorded docs indicating some financial pressures not uncommon to home owners who bought or refinanced in the mid-2000's.

IMO, PCSD has a good idea of what went down and may even be watching a local suspect. All we can do is wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take that to mean that since going to bed Sunday and waking up Monday morning, they have slept for only four or five hours. Sunday night/Monday morning is the last time they got any real sleep.

It makes sense to me. They slept normally Sunday night. They realized the couple was missing on Monday and haven't gotten much sleep since then - Sunday night. Am I reading it wrong?

Its been a long time since I've driven down Maricopa, so forgive me if I don't recall since all the new building has gone on the past 10 years or so I've been away from there, but was their home adjoining the Indian Reservation, (the Maricopa Indians?) ....

Heard of this case yesterday while on the road driving to Tucson, it was on the evening news and then as mentioned here, even NG headlined it. So I've had an ear open even while in hotels and on the road listening for the latest. When I pulled into Benson Az. tonight I asked the owner of the motel if she heard whether they were located and she only heard of the F16 in the news (the crash down here of an Iraqi pilot training on the AFB for 4 years who died_, ) which btw, was also headlined last evening and THEN after the crash the network local news WGN in Tucson (or is it KGUN?) talked about the missing couple.

Tonight I listened and heard only about the Crashed jet again then the weather.

Someone should get the news out in these southern towns of AZ, from Casa Grande on down south. But of course what at they to look for? No car missing I heard .

Hope something comes up soon, as It began to remind me quite a bit of that case years ago of the missing mother of "Teri's Consign & Design" stores, who disappeared overnight.
Turned out it was her husband who killed her on vacation in Tucson then dumped her body in Casa Grande somewhere in the desert where it stayed for years? ....Teri never gave up going out to the deserts as I recall with a few friends.

Was it Teri who found her mother's grave? I don't recall although I know there was a paperback about it i read.

Lots of places no one checks or goes to in the hot dusty barren desert.

ESPECIALLY point South of Phoenix, south of Mesa, south of .......where no ones looking

http://archive.azcentral.com/busine...ri-bowersock-search-for-mom-loretta-ends.html
One of the three hikers found Loretta Bowersock's body accidentally: she kicked a rock that happened to be covering the only portion of Bowersock that was above ground, the face portion of her skull, said Pinal County Sheriff Chris Vasquez. The rest of the remains were underground, wrapped in black landscaping plastic, heavily taped shut.

Its been a long time since I've driven down Maricopa, so forgive me if I don't recall since all the new building has gone on the past 10 years or so I've been away from there, but was their home adjoining the Indian Reservation, (the Maricopa Indians?) ....

Heard of this case yesterday while on the road driving to Tucson, it was on the evening news and then as mentioned here, even NG headlined it. So I've had an ear open even while in hotels and on the road listening for the latest. When I pulled into Benson Az. tonight I asked the owner of the motel if she heard whether they were located and she only heard of the F16 in the news (the crash down here of an Iraqi pilot training on the AFB for 4 years who died_, ) which btw, was also headlined last evening and THEN after the crash the network local news WGN in Tucson (or is it KGUN?) talked about the missing couple.

Tonight I listened and heard only about the Crashed jet again then the weather.

Someone should get the news out in these southern towns of AZ, from Casa Grande on down south. But of course what at they to look for? No car missing I heard .

Hope something comes up soon, as It began to remind me quite a bit of that case years ago of the missing mother of "Teri's Consign & Design" stores, who disappeared overnight.
Turned out it was her husband who killed her on vacation in Tucson then dumped her body in Casa Grande somewhere in the desert where it stayed for years? ....Teri never gave up going out to the deserts as I recall with a few friends.

Was it Teri who found her mother's grave? I don't recall although I know there was a paperback about it i read.

Lots of places no one checks or goes to in the hot dusty barren desert.

ESPECIALLY point South of Phoenix, south of Mesa, south of .......where no ones looking

http://archive.azcentral.com/busine...ri-bowersock-search-for-mom-loretta-ends.html

http://us.macmillan.com/bonesinthedesert/JanaBommersbach

excellent book --

'' It would be more than a year before Terri learned the shocking truth: That, before killing himself, Taw murdered the 69-year-old Loretta and left her. "

greedy controlling man murdered Terri's mom

it was rockhounds according to the link you supplied who found the burial site 48 hrs after her disappearance

Have been following along closely since the start I'm sad to see there are no new updates. So bizarre! Where are you Michael and Tina?!

http://us.macmillan.com/bonesinthedesert/JanaBommersbach

excellent book --

'' It would be more than a year before Terri learned the shocking truth: That, before killing himself, Taw murdered the 69-year-old Loretta and left her. "

greedy controlling man murdered Terri's mom

it was rockhounds according to the link you supplied who found the burial site 48 hrs after her disappearance

My recollection was that it was at least a year before the bones and skull were found. I didn't see anything in the article talking about 48 hrs. The woman went missing Dec. 2004 and her con-b.f-live in lover; killed her and thought the police were on to him when he committed suicide that same month at the end of December. But the daughter looked and looked for about a year until the bones were discovered by hikers.

Of course I hope this case is resolved sooner then later for the sake of their loved ones and does not resemble the Bowersock case, only that this case too was strange at the time, and in the desert area between Tucson where they supposedly visited to where he dumped her in Casa Grande which isn't all that far from Maricopa.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/chandler/article_0c805dfa-2a56-11e4-9321-0019bb2963f4.html

ps I must have missed this when it was on TV
http://www.shopterris.com/loretta-bowersock-handsome-devils/

Handsome Devils exposes the true story behind Loretta’s fatal attraction through expert commentary from local authorities and detectives. It also involves first-person accounts from close friends and family, including Terri Bowersock, who’s determination fueled a 365 day search across one hundred square miles of desert to find her missing mother

mea culpa for speedily reading that link -- 48 hrs was referencing time elapse from discovery of remains to advising daughter...

What I think Mike's brother was saying that Sunday night was the last night he slept much - by Monday night they knew Mike was missing.

I agree w an earlier theory that the perpetrator (or getaway vehicle, if one of the missing is involved) parked near the home then the Honda was used to transport the missing (God-willing to somewhere they are alive) and finally returned to said perp vehicle pre-parked near the home. Also, I don't think it's too suspicious that they weren't reported missing until 7pm; the son appears to be a teenager and may spend time with his mother and not see his father until late most nights (esp if Mike is an active pilot). But, in totality, I do feel leery about some of the things I'm hearing about the family's circumstances: 1) a house in foreclosure w ex - obviously a sign of substantial financial strain; 2) potentially Mike recently lost his job since no one can ascertain if he was currently employed as a pilot. If he just recently lost his job, that could explain the gray area surrounding his employment. It's hard to believe two gainfully employed 40-somethings NOT living in NYC would share a car. Furthermore, I've gotten the sense that Tina was more of a ledger/bookkeeper at a local construction company and not necessarily a CPA or similar. The main thing that makes me think both missing ppl are NOT involved is that they were newlyweds and - according to FB - look happy together. But there IS potential that a Pandora's box of financial issues, job insecurity and maybe even alcohol (I've seen many pics of drinking/partying on FB plus they were known to frequent that bar/were well-known by the bartender) was opened upon getting married.
-- ^ all just my instinct/opinion

A. I know this family - my son has known them for more than 10 years. B. This is not all flat desert. It's farm land, washes, canals, mountains. C. They were not in proper city limits. Again, it's farmland outside of the city of Maricopa. D. Only one road going through there is paved. The majority of them are still dirt roads. Please don't speculate as if you know the area. All you do is confuse people who don't know and upset the people who do. Also, from an earlier post, they do car pool because Mesa is quite a trek for them from Maricopa and it saves on fuel. The search is being centered from Raceway Bar and Grill because it's literally the only thing in the area open and has room for them to organize it at. This is out in the country. Not in a city where you can just pick a parking lot.

Well.......I certainly wouldn't want to mislead anybody. Here, I'll provide some screenshots along Papago Road and Ralston, the area their car was found, which is what I was referring to in my post.

Ralston N White Rd - Google Maps.jpg.

Ralston Rd North - Google Maps.jpg

Maricopa 50912 W Papago Rd - Google Maps.jpg

Maricopa Papago Rd - Google Maps.jpg

Maricopa W Papago Rd & N Ralston Rd - Google Maps.jpg

I've lived in Arizona for 30 years, I know the State pretty good. I've constructed buildings in Maricopa, Phoenix, Tucson and just about every town in between.

We have no idea where their car was commandeered, all we know is where it ended up.

Have been following along closely since the start I'm sad to see there are no new updates. So bizarre! Where are you Michael and Tina?!

On the missing fb page (which has been linked) the admin said she had exciting news to share today regarding the search efforts.

On the missing fb page (which has been linked) the admin said she had exciting news to share today regarding the search efforts.

oh my. what wonderful words to hear! fingers crossed

edit: after reading the admin's post, I have no guess what the exciting news will be.

snipped from missing fb page:
I have two other topics to discuss and I will call it a night.
1) I know everyone is wondering what is going on, what is our game plan?
Well I can say this it changes every moment. Currently our search efforts will continue and there isn't anything new in that area to report. Tomorrow morning at 5 AM we will be back at Raceway and again we need help. Our biggest area of opportunity is with horses and off road vehicles. If you can come out please do. We are adjusting our search times to protect our volunteers. We will be running from 5 AM until 8 PM each day. For those outside of the area please understand this is because we aren't in the safest terrain and our #1 objective is to keep everyone helping safe and alive.

I think the excitement is in regard to the donations for the search...drones, planes, helicopters, horses etc. The have had a wonderful turnout and look to be excited to have so much at their disposal...that was my understanding of the "excitement"...

snipped from missing fb page:
I have two other topics to discuss and I will call it a night.
1) I know everyone is wondering what is going on, what is our game plan?
Well I can say this it changes every moment. Currently our search efforts will continue and there isn't anything new in that area to report. Tomorrow morning at 5 AM we will be back at Raceway and again we need help. Our biggest area of opportunity is with horses and off road vehicles. If you can come out please do. We are adjusting our search times to protect our volunteers. We will be running from 5 AM until 8 PM each day. For those outside of the area please understand this is because we aren't in the safest terrain and our #1 objective is to keep everyone helping safe and alive.

I think the excitement is in regard to the donations for the search...drones, planes, helicopters, horses etc. The have had a wonderful turnout and look to be excited to have so much at their disposal...that was my understanding of the "excitement"...

Well wonder why she said she would release and discuss today? Her latest post doesn't mention it. Hmph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro