AZ AZ - Michelle “Elle” Bernstein-Schultz, 36, mom of 2, left phone & ID behind, Phoenix, 29 Jun 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought of Michelle when I saw this, given that she is a hiker. It's probably a long shot, given that South Mountain is 22 miles from The Tide Apartments.

JUL 28, 2024
Around 10 a.m. on Saturday morning, officers responded to a call from a park ranger that a hiker discovered possible human remains off of a trail on South Mountain.

After authorities arrived at the scene, they confirmed the remains were human. Detectives are still processing the evidence.

I thought of Michelle when I saw this, given that she is a hiker. It's probably a long shot, given that South Mountain is 22 miles from The Tide Apartments.

JUL 28, 2024
Around 10 a.m. on Saturday morning, officers responded to a call from a park ranger that a hiker discovered possible human remains off of a trail on South Mountain.

After authorities arrived at the scene, they confirmed the remains were human. Detectives are still processing the evidence.

Thanks for posting this. They can usually determine the deceased's biological gender and general age fairly quickly from the bones. Ideally, the forensic anthropologist would have access to both the pelvis and skull to estimate sex, but sometimes one is missing (usually due to post-mortem animal activity, and not foul play). Still for the trained eye, it's usually fairly obvious - the female pelvic girdle is just built differently for childbearing, and in a male the attachment sites for muscle are more robust, plus there are differences in the skull, a biological female skull being what they call more "gracile" or smaller. Specific individual identify will take longer, as dental comparisons and/or DNA will have to be looked at. That can take weeks. Hopefully this found person's family will have closure soon.

JUL 28, 2024

it could be possible, in phoenix 22 miles is really nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back