Found Deceased AZ - Najib "Jubi" Monsif, 20, with autism, wandering near home, Scottsdale, 23 Sep 2021 *Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably the best thing is that he wouldn't know how to destroy evidence on a device properly, if he chose to meet someone. They will be able to track that communication.

Where are you, sweet guy? Come on home. Your family and gamed are waiting!

happy to report that I have seen several flyers in my travels the last 2 days - at a drug store and a pizza joint.

It's the area - and the intentional saying that he would not see anyone again, just something is off...

Is this case widely spread in your area? I would think with his mannerisms and shuffle kind of walk that he would stand out and people would notice unless he met with something/someone bad

I only heard about it here, but I haven't been out and about much. Just to my office and back. I'll be shopping and things tomorrow and I'll pay attention, but I only read about it here so far. That said, I also don't watch tv, so I wouldn't have caught it on the news if it had been reported. I'm guessing it's all over Nextdoor, but I refuse to go there!

This case just makes me want to cry. Jubi's words that night scare me. He knew he was leaving. Makes me lend credence to the online person theory. And the fact that there is NO sign of him anywhere, not a single sighting. He couldn't walk far, per his sister, so he would've had to gotten a ride somewhere. Oh Jubi please come home.

So I changed my mind and shopped today (for unrelated reasons) and there were no posters or anything at the Target shopping center at FLW and the 101 or the AJ's shopping center at FLW and Thompson Peak -- which are both a little west of where he went missing, but on a straight path from there to the Interstate. I was a little surprised. I also didn't see any helis and the only police activity I saw was two SUV's waiting to give people tickets for speeding in the school zone :rolleyes:

If his scent was last detected at Albertson’s was any video surveillance obtained? This could show exactly what he was wearing, the time he was at Albertson’s and possibly if he got into a vehicle with someone.

Based on Jubi’s last words, it seems like he knew he was leaving as if this is kind of planned. To me, the online predator seems likely. Someone he could have been speaking to for a while online that lured him out the Albertson’s and drove off with him.

It would be interesting to get more information about his “norms”. Are there places he has always wanted to visit or that he would talk about often?

I have been seeing some posts on instagram about him and the family but they are mixed messages. Some say he couldnt speak at all besides make noises and if thats the case, did he really say what he did? Also, some are saying he would say these things and would randomly leave the house often.

I feel like there’s a lot of missing information here that would be incredibly helpful to help search for him. If all local areas seem to not have seen him, this should be branched out to other cities and flyers should be put out around all the east and west valleys.

Some say he couldnt speak at all besides make noises and if thats the case, did he really say what he did? Also, some are saying he would say these things and would randomly leave the house often.
<snipped>

Pointing to this video on the Finding Najib (Jubi) Monsif FB showing his speech:

Josie Monsif, Najib's older sister, told The Arizona Republic that Scottsdale police communicate regularly with the family regarding the investigation. She said they have gone door-to-door and obtained search warrants for homes in the area.

“They’re doing honestly everything they can,” Josie said. “There's nothing out of the question. They're checking cars, backyards. There's horses, search dogs, they're scraping every inch of the desert.”

Josie said their aunt started calling Najib “Jubi” as an endearing term when he was young, and that the nickname has stuck with the family ever since.

“Anyone would be lucky to know him,” said Josie, who described him as a child and animal lover who was kind to everyone.

“Anyone who has an autistic family member knows that they just connect on a deeper level,” she said. “They have no bad bone in their body.”
Search continues for missing 20-year-old Najib Monsif of Scottsdale

Hi, new to this thread. I have a couple things I want to say quickly that I don't think have been brought up yet/answers to some of the questions asked here.

• There definitely would be security cam footage at Albertsons, but LE would have to determine what that time frame would have been. This particular location, according to friends in Scottsdale, is busy and since it is not known where in the store Jubi was (or if he was in the store) it would be difficult to pinpoint which of the many cameras would be most advantageous to check.
  • The statements about Jubi being nonverbal could just mean that he is "traditionally" nonverbal. My friend's brother uses an AAC device or text to speech on his phone - and he is your typical VERY talkative 20-something, just not with his mouth. If Jubi is similar, he could also be an avid social media user unbeknownst to the family. There are large communities of autistic folks, including those like Jubi with high support needs, on TikTok, Tumblr, Reddit and similar sites, and he could also be using apps like Discord or similar to be engaging with a special interest. It would be really helpful to the investigation to know what exactly Jubi's special interests are and see if anyone who is also interested in those things has engaged with him online and if so, where.
  • I also wonder if there are comorbid diagnoses other than just ASD with higher support needs. That might be able to give us some sort of answer as to what, if any, physical limitations there may be as well as what Jubi's mental state could have been like the night he went missing.

Snipped by me for focus - this would be my concern as well. This is why it's important to share his flyer everywhere, not just Scottsdale... he could be anywhere. :(

I know for myself and others on his page we are putting flyers on our cars. On the back and sides just to try to get the word out more. And I have a stack of flyers with me wherever I go and encourage businesses to post his flyer. There is a candlelight vigil this evening in Scottsdale.

Hi, new to this thread. I have a couple things I want to say quickly that I don't think have been brought up yet/answers to some of the questions asked here.

• There definitely would be security cam footage at Albertsons, but LE would have to determine what that time frame would have been. This particular location, according to friends in Scottsdale, is busy and since it is not known where in the store Jubi was (or if he was in the store) it would be difficult to pinpoint which of the many cameras would be most advantageous to check.
  • The statements about Jubi being nonverbal could just mean that he is "traditionally" nonverbal. My friend's brother uses an AAC device or text to speech on his phone - and he is your typical VERY talkative 20-something, just not with his mouth. If Jubi is similar, he could also be an avid social media user unbeknownst to the family. There are large communities of autistic folks, including those like Jubi with high support needs, on TikTok, Tumblr, Reddit and similar sites, and he could also be using apps like Discord or similar to be engaging with a special interest. It would be really helpful to the investigation to know what exactly Jubi's special interests are and see if anyone who is also interested in those things has engaged with him online and if so, where.
  • I also wonder if there are comorbid diagnoses other than just ASD with higher support needs. That might be able to give us some sort of answer as to what, if any, physical limitations there may be as well as what Jubi's mental state could have been like the night he went missing.
Here is a video link of Jubi to show what his speech is like. He functions at a 6 y.o. level.

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I really appreciate it. At this time, I would like to encourage all of you to place flyers on your cars to bring more awareness to this case. It has also been suggested to place flyers on your front doors so delivery drivers can see the flyers when they are dropping off packages. If you have contacts especially nationally, please get the word out about Jubi's missing person's case.

This missing person's case has hit so close to home for me. I have a 19 year old son, who has an ASD diagnosis, he is non-verbal, with decreased safety awareness, and also functions at a 6 year old level. I know for me if my son went missing I would be out of my mind with worry. I would feel lost and heartbroken, but I would never stop fighting to find my son. Jubi's family has amazing strength you see it through their interviews and through his sister on his FB page. Lets continue helping Jubi's family until he is home safe.

Tonight at 7pm there is a candlelight vigil for Jubi, it is at the Miracle League Baseball Stadium, at 11130 E. Cholla St. in Scottsdale.

Thank you.

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I really appreciate it. At this time, I would like to encourage all of you to place flyers on your cars to bring more awareness to this case. It has also been suggested to place flyers on your front doors so delivery drivers can see the flyers when they are dropping off packages. If you have contacts especially nationally, please get the word out about Jubi's missing person's case.

This missing person's case has hit so close to home for me. I have a 19 year old son, who has an ASD diagnosis, he is non-verbal, with decreased safety awareness, and also functions at a 6 year old level. I know for me if my son went missing I would be out of my mind with worry. I would feel lost and heartbroken, but I would never stop fighting to find my son. Jubi's family has amazing strength you see it through their interviews and through his sister on his FB page. Lets continue helping Jubi's family until he is home safe.

Tonight at 7pm there is a candlelight vigil for Jubi, it is at the Miracle League Baseball Stadium, at 11130 E. Cholla St. in Scottsdale.

Thank you.

Flyers up at AJ's on FLW today. Also, the kids who went to DM with the sibs and all of their friends who went to other local HS's are all over SM about it, so word is getting out that way. I wonder if they were able to get his gaming chat records? I don't even know if that's possible.

Thank you.
My daughter and I have flyers on our cars (in sheet protectors). I also sent them to Genesis Project in Apache Junction... you never know. <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back