AZ - Natalie Flores, 5, Phoenix, 25 Dec 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect Identified in Kidnapping of Phoenix Girl

Phoenix police Officer Mike Burns had just finished searching a desert area for signs of a 5-year-old girl and the man who had kidnapped her as she played with her sisters on Christmas Day.

"We really did have a Christmas miracle," he said.

The girl was rescued at about 9:30 p.m. Friday, more than seven hours after police believe Ladwig kidnapped her while she was playing outside a Phoenix apartment building.

Snip>>>>>>>
Ladwig took off on foot but was caught and arrested a block away after a brief struggle during which Hill said he punched an officer in the face.

"It makes you feel good," Burns said of his part in the girl's rescue. "It takes a while to soak in."

Police received the call that the girl had been taken at about 2:15 p.m. An Amber Alert was issued, and authorities began combing the area on foot, by car and with helicopters.

Hill said the child had been playing in a common area at the apartment complex with her two sisters, ages 7 and 9, when a man parked his brown pickup in a nearby parking lot and walked over to them carrying a camera.

He said the man violently pulled down the 7-year-old's pants, took a photo of her, then grabbed the 5-year-old and threw her into the truck through a window.

<SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more at link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9424708

I still can't believe how wonderful that was - I was almost about to go to bed when I heard Officer Burns ask for the description again.

One more time - thank you, God! And thank you, Officer Burns!

A REAL CHRISTMAS MIRACLE THANK GOD.

Now he will face the law. :behindbar: And I hope they have a good lock for that cell. No Release because some BS story....

GREAT JOB LE :clap: :clap:
Thank you "Good Neighbor" :dance::dance:
God Bless you little Sisters you rock! :beats: :beats:

Thank you whomever moved my posts here....I did not see this thread my apology. :innocent:

'Dangerous predator' has criminal past, police say

Ladwig is on parole from California and also has a criminal record in Arizona, Hill said. Ladwig was released on parole from the Arizona Department of Corrections in July after serving a two-year sentence for a drug violation. Court records show he has a history of possession of dangerous drugs since at least 2000.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/12/26/20091226abductionfolo1227.html

Got this from MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34593857/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

"the frightened girl was rescued and taken to a Phoenix police facility that aids young victims of crime, where it was determined she had been molested. The girl was treated and is back home with her family, police Sgt. Andy Hill said."

"He said the man violently pulled down the 7-year-old's pants, took a photo of her, then grabbed the 5-year-old and threw her into the truck through a window.

"That's pretty doggone violent," Hill said. "He's a weapon himself ... (The girl) has got a lot to go through now. She's not unscarred from this, obviously in a number of ways. She's got a long road ahead of her." "

Sorry .

I have a question. what is the difference between sexual molestation and rape? and is molestation considered a lesseor crime? just wondering, its all disgusting to me. Thanks.

I have a question. what is the difference between sexual molestation and rape? and is molestation considered a lesseor crime? just wondering, its all disgusting to me. Thanks.

Maybe since he had the camera what he really wanted were the pictures - and he got them - they should have the camera and evidence, I hope, and again, hopefully, that is all he did.

Has any more info been put out?

I have not heard anything new.

I had another poster in another thread ask if she could listen to a recording of the chase?

I don't know if this is possible. Does anyone else?

I doubt we ever get that lucky again. To be listening as it happens.

I have not heard anything new.

I had another poster in another thread ask if she could listen to a recording of the chase?

I don't know if this is possible. Does anyone else?

I doubt we ever get that lucky again. To be listening as it happens.

I don't know if it's possible - it started at a little after 11 (EST) and it was about 20 minutes until he said he had her, right?

I agree with you - I know I will never forget it. And on Christmas night. I still get chills.

I do too. My husband was sitting across the room, wanting to know what in the world I was doing, and I just had to tell him to be quiet.

I don't know what the molestation was, but at least she is alive and can get help for coping with it.

Alive is not something we hear often on here.

Rape includes penetration against someones will.
Molestation is anything sexual against someone's will.

When dealing with children under age of 18 it is never considered consensual.

Yes it is a lessor crime while it can be JUST as Devastating.

'Dangerous predator' has criminal past, police say

Ladwig is on parole from California and also has a criminal record in Arizona, Hill said. Ladwig was released on parole from the Arizona Department of Corrections in July after serving a two-year sentence for a drug violation. Court records show he has a history of possession of dangerous drugs since at least 2000.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/12/26/20091226abductionfolo1227.html

The SOB was charged;
Larry Jon Ladwig, who was booked into jail early Saturday on suspicion of sexual molestation, kidnapping, aggravated assault on a police officer and felony flight, according to police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill.

Kidnapping is Federal charge. MAYBE LWOP would be good. I think that all SOB who harm children should get DP, I never believed in the DP before coming to WS but all those little angels that we lose made me change my mind.

I suspect they will wait for the Doctor's report to know what all they need to charge him with. He did have her for several hours. I pray my fears are wrong.
Your fears are wrong thank God....He could not penetrate her she is too small. (or she would be dead too) He could play around and that is bad enough. :(

What Officer Mike Burns did is being overshadowed by the terrorist situation with the planes -- he will get his day, though - I still remember his voice asking for the description once again -

As another poster said, he did what he knew was right even though the plates didn't match and wasn't afraid to be wrong, and he followed through.

Is is unimaginable that a grown man could/would molest a little 5 year old girl. IMO I truly do not think that pedophiles can be rehabilitated. I would bet that if they faced the death penalty for kidnapping, molestation of a child or castration if they had child *advertiser censored* you would see a major drop in these occurrences. Too many perpetrators are let off too easy only to commit the crime again. In this instance, since this jerk was a habitual drug user taking photos, God knows what would have happened to this little girl. Remember Shaniya. I hope the prisoners deal with him in prison. Why is our justice system so lenient with perpetrators?

I doubt it. We have the death penalty in Texas and it doesnt stop people from murdering. It helps to deter crime about .05%. SO are a whole different breed. They dont do it to rob, steal, or take some money or drugs from someone. Nor do they molest out of anger most of the time like most murders. Their sole motivation is a physical impulse that is sick and twisted. Most of them cannot help it. They are attracted to kids sexually. Its an addiction more severe than any drug out there.

I dont think they can be reformed, but no threat of death or physical harm will deter them. They mostly don't think logical. The desire eats at them all the time. Plus, no criminal truly thinks they are gonna get caught. Also SO crimes are a lot of the time he said/she said. Especially prolonged abuse. There is a lot of shame, fear, guilty, and cover up when it comes to sex crimes. They arent as cut and dry as murderer.

I dont believe for one second that this guy has done this once. No way. He has only drug charges, but I think he may have molested a child before and it wasnt reported. See that is another huge issue. Unreported rapes and molestations. That's why I have been screaming to the heavens that a previous rap sheet or lack of one is meaning less when it comes to sex crimes. You can do all the background checks you want, but just cause they perp is clean or has minor offenses doesnt mean squat. SO are hard to weed out and identify.

She is with her aunt whom she lives with.

Yes, she is back at home now. We (at the time of post) were just wondering if they kept her overnight. There is no way this was his first victim.........no way!

Your fears are wrong thank God....He could not penetrate her she is too small. (or she would be dead too) He could play around and that is bad enough. :(

No, my fears were any type of sexual molestation. Yes, what he could do was bad enough. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77
Back