AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It really is hard to believe, such a clear picture/video of the suspect.

Exactly, guy may have well went to olan mills and had a portrait made for them. It just doesn’t make sense that someone could go in and do that in daylight hours and vanish. I’ve looked at maps and tried to guess which direction they may have went to get out of town fast.

Exactly, guy may have well went to olan mills and had a portrait made for them. It just doesn’t make sense that someone could go in and do that in daylight hours and vanish. I’ve looked at maps and tried to guess which direction they may have went to get out of town fast.
They didn’t try to get out of town fast. Security camera footage shows them stopping for gas at a convenience store afterwards. Kinda like they didn’t prepare to leave/get away, or didn’t know they were going to need to. It seems this “hit” IMO, was certainly pre-planned. So I just chalk it up to stupid criminals.???

They didn’t try to get out of town fast. Security camera footage shows them stopping for gas at a convenience store afterwards. Kinda like they didn’t prepare to leave/get away, or didn’t know they were going to need to. It seems this “hit” IMO, was certainly pre-planned. So I just chalk it up to stupid criminals.???
Stupid indeed, who stops at a gas station after murdering someone? So much about this crime makes no sense, I hope we learn the truth one day.

From my understanding he did purchase Gilbert Air but he has the "silent" partner who I'm assuming co-owned the place with him. I was able to find them on the BBB website but I don't know what that means really.

"Silent Partner" is a term used for an individual who is a co-owner of a business in the financial sense, but does not participate at all in the running of the business. As a result, they are more of an investor than a partner.

Also he is wearing work boots and has what appears to be white paint or some kind of sealant maybe on the front of his shirt.
Good call on the construction boots.

Speaking of construction boots, and with no movement on the case, it might be time to go for long shots....

Construction boots come in two general types:
A. High quality
B . Semi disposable.

Semi disposable are worn and then tossed, just like people do their tennis shoes.

But.... high quality construction boots are often re-soled. There are not alot of cobblers left and a good portion of their work is re-soling high quality cowboy and construction boots. Perhaps a cobbler could recognize him?

Years ago when I worked in support of the construction industry, Red Wing boots were a common high quality option. There are a finite number of dealers. Maybe stop by and show the sales people the photos?

Even with semi disposible options, there are a larger, but still finite number of common sources as Sears and Montgomery Wards are gone. For example, surplus stores, import direct vendors and swap meet dealers.

Also, the boots look heavy and squared. Perhaps this indicates thick steel toed boots? If so, it could indicate another construction profession than lighter painting and drywall work where steel toed boots are not usually needed. Perhaps steel framing or oil field work.

Last edited:
The construction worker angle is interesting because it relates to Nick's profession. I was always curious if he had bid/been awarded a large contract prior to the murder. Like a housing tract or large commercial project.

The construction worker angle is interesting because it relates to Nick's profession. I was always curious if he had bid/been awarded a large contract prior to the murder. Like a housing tract or large commercial project.
In regards to the construction and say maintenance worker possibility, I am thinking it might be good to identify and blitz "choke points" in those industries by putting up the photo and any reward information at them.

For example: Offices of large construction companies, Home Depot / Lowes, vendors of boots, specialty tool vendors, construction job sites, training or certification centers and area sports bars- possibly even strip joints (single workers can have money to burn).

In regards to ethnicity, as the info states, he could be Hispanic or native. He seems to have native vibes to me regarding his features. I have heard that various tribes can have overall looks in regard to body size, facial features etc. As I have only had close contact with pueblo natives, I don't know if this is true.

But... given that the suspect is still at large, it might not hurt to explore the possibility, then if appropriate, put up his photo at reservation gas stations of a possible tribal origin.

This case reminds me of the one where the chiropractor disguised himself and went into an office building and killed a bunch of people. I think it was an HVAC company.
I don’t know why this case comes to mind. Honestly it could be because this case, like that one, haunted me. And I think that one went silent too. IMO.
I really hope this silence means the investigators have all the evidence they need and are simply dotting their i’s and crossing their t’s. JMO.
I think you're thinking of alleged murderer Chad Isaak -- his trial is scheduled to begin June 7, 2021. The business was a property management firm.

ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

Perhaps part of the silence here is that LE has a cooperating witness and the silence is intentional. Other than the reward poster, no pressers, no request for assistance from the public, etc. -- typical investigative techniques when LE has nothing to go on. My personal feeling from the beginning was that NC's death was an inside job and the public not in danger but that's just me.

I think you're thinking of alleged murderer Chad Isaak -- his trial is scheduled to begin June 7, 2021. The business was a property management firm.

ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2
Yes thanks for reminding me. Another seemingly random (yet targeted) crime that was super quiet and I think we still have no idea as to a motive.
This crime has really affected me. I think maybe it was hearing the call from Nick’s wife to 911. I have a small child and I am constantly FaceTiming my husband while he’s on the road. I cannot imagine the terror of knowing and hearing something going majorly wrong and not being able to do anything except call 911 from afar. I would literally lose it. I pray for his widow and family. Such a loss and I hope justice is soon reached. IMO.

I really thought this would be solved by now. Wonder what has happened to the business. Did the partner inherit everything? MOO
The business partner is my main suspect. The hired gunmen are long gone. Until they are found he is pretty safe. He won’t inherit anything but I’m sure he had insurance on his partner. Life insurance probably won’t pay off for a while. I don’t know how long they hold out before they have to pay, if the insured is not charged. All my opinion only.

The business partner is my main suspect. The hired gunmen are long gone. Until they are found he is pretty safe. He won’t inherit anything but I’m sure he had insurance on his partner. Life insurance probably won’t pay off for a while. I don’t know how long they hold out before they have to pay, if the insured is not charged. All my opinion only.

I agree on the insurance and if it’s a large amount, the company will dig deep into this too in order to avoid paying off.

I think we talked about the possibility of a key man policy, and I do wonder if each of the partners had coverage. I googled but found nothing which specifically talked about a payout on a murdered individual. Just that murder is usually a covered event.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back