AZ AZ - Phoenix, WhtFem UP1903, 16-18, found in dumpster near 21st Avenue, Jun'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GJKJR

Reaction score
"Tanya Doe" (see bottom of post for explanation)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Partial remains with soft tissues (head, one or more limbs, and one or both hands not recovered) found in a dumpster near 21st Avenue south of McDowell Road in Pheonix, Maricopa County, AZ on June 10, 1984.

Sex: Female
Race: White/Caucasian
Estimated Age: 16-18 years old
Post-Mortem Interval: Unknown
Height: 5'4" (64 inches)
Weight: Unknown
Hair Description: Brown in color
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features: None
Clothing: None

* Tanya is most likely not Tanya Doe's real name. The purpose of this moniker is to distinguish her case from the other unidentified persons cases in Phoenix — of which there are many, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Not super confident in this because of the distance (6 hours of desert between Venice, CA and Phoenix, AZ) but Christina Smith fits all the stats.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I've been seeing Christina Smith's profile a lot in my searches for potential matches, oddly enough. I think her statistics match well enough, and with the lack of information regarding circumstances, a nearly infinite number of scenarios could have occurred. Phoenix, AZ is a straight shot down I-10 from Venice, CA, so I don't think the difference in locations means too much.

Another request for those who have a Newspapers.com membership, sorry...

1) 30 Jun 1984, Page 35 - Arizona Daily Star at Newspapers.com
2) 23 Jun 1984, Page 18 - Arizona Daily Star at Newspapers.com

I'm not too confident on these being related to our Tanya Doe, but the little of the articles I could see seemed interesting. If anyone could tell me whether they're related to Tanya Doe, that would be much appreciated, thank you!
I know I'm extremely late, but those articles weren't related

The Dna Doe Project are now working on her genealogical profile, she is not in active research, but in testing stage

The Dna Doe Project are now working on her genealogical profile, she is not in active research, but in testing stage

Now listed as 'research in progress'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back