AZ AZ - Randy Parscale, 10, Oracle, 7 April 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In addition to a tribute to Mr. Navarro, who tragically passed away while searching for Randy, this old article states that "picnickers" spotted Randy 45 minutes "after he had been reported missing"

I haven't heard that yet.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AIBAJ&pg=5835,1119906&dq=randy+parscale&hl=en

But saw him where and was he with anyone? What was he doing?

The article does not answer those questions. :mad:

Regarding the possible sightings of the boys footprints, and reports of Randy possibly seen hitch-hiking in the mountains that day, from an old article:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAIBAJ&pg=3322,900339&dq=randy+parscale&hl=en
Still vague.

But saw him where and was he with anyone? What was he doing?

The article does not answer those questions. :mad:

Still vague.

I want to know more about the picnickers who claimed to have seen Randy? Did they report this to LE? If not, why not? What was Randy doing when they claimed to have seen him? Did they say anything to Randy? Did Randy say anything to them?

Or because the picnic story is so vague, do you think that part may have been fabricated?

Satch

Not common but I got mine in the early 70's and I'm not much older than Randy. If he hadn't yet had a SS# then one would have been issued requiring proof of ID and parent's ID if he was under 18. A manufactured identity of an adult 18 or over would be most likely scenario if it were faked .

Which brings up how it was flagged. Was it because the name came up in a data base possibly from applying for the SS#? It would be helpful to know when and where the SS# was issued- date, location etc.

Not sure why, but my dad got my brother and I SS#'s when we were born. I was born in 1967, my brother in 1970. When it comes to documents, taxes, investments, etc, my dad is very particular about his records. He just saw that we would need one some day because he planned to put our names on some of his investments with him as we got older. Can't say we got rich. Can't say that anyone but dad understands his filing system :)

But the SS# may have been issued to Randy as a child.

The clothes in the Namus file don't match the clothes in the description for Randy but good find.

Right, but, wouldn't that be assuming that if Randy was actually this UID, that he died the day he disappeared, when he could have lived longer, and had different clothes on?

Great find.

NCMC603390c1.jpg

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5971

GPS coordinates

Address 1 Industry Dr.
Address 2 Near I40/85
City Meband
State North Carolina
Zip code
County Orange
Circumstances of death

Skeletal remains found at wood line near open acre on a service road next to I40/I85.

a little off topic, but reading this I have to ask if anyone has read any of the missing 411 books? I just finished one and I never knew so many people go missing each year in cases just like this- usually in or near national parks and mountainous areas. A lot of them are cases like this where the person is there one minute and gone the next. A lot of children. He never comes out and says who or what he thinks is causing them to go missing (it's understood that he is alluding to bigfoot- but I guess doesn't want to lose credibility) but I think it's a combination of things and a lot of the time, people underestimate how quickly one can be lost and out of earshot in a wooded region.

Randy was born in 1969. Social security numbers were not issued to children in those days. It has only been in the past 20 years or so that the SSN has been required to claim a child as a dependent.

So I'm guessing that the person who obtained the SSN in Randy's name was either Randy himself (which I doubt) OR someone who was an illegal / fugitive / identity thief who found the story of Randy, including his birthdate, and manufactured himself an identity. This used to happen much more often in the days before computers.

How were kids identified before Social Security Numbers became mandatory? Was a hospital birth certificate enough proof? How do parents with new kids get Social Security Numbers now? I always thought a birth certificate had that information on it?

Here is information about the history of Social Security Numbers.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v69n2/v69n2p55.html

Satch

I think the NAMUS find is excellent possibility. The key may be...what size show was Randy wearing when he went missing? NAMUS is size 3. That seems kind of small for an 11 year old. My grandson is 9 and wearing a mans size 7. The Charley Project describes his shoes...but not the SIZE he wore. They also state that Randy was 4'6....how big was skeleton?? That would give us lots more info on whether the NAMUS is still a good match. I think the reconstruction is a good match tho. Does anyone know these answers?

Randy was born in 1969. Social security numbers were not issued to children in those days. It has only been in the past 20 years or so that the SSN has been required to claim a child as a dependent.

i was born in 1974 in Ohio and i got my SSN around that time. or maybe it was state by state at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back