AZ AZ - Robert William "Bobby" Fisher, Scottsdale, Apr 2001 *FBI Ten Most Wanted*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was having trouble sleeping last night and started thinking about this case for some reason. Two new ideas occoured to me:

1) I came across this article from the Phoenix New Times in 2015. Assuming the reporting is accurate, it sounds like the FBI has definite reason to think that Fisher is still alive. (Perhaps there's some evidence of a planned escape that they've never publicly shared; perhaps they consider some of the tips they've received over the years to be highly credible).

2) I started thinking about a few counterfacutal scenarios. My theory has always been that if Fisher is still alive, he's outside of the U.S.. I've always been skeptical of the idea that he's hiding in plain sight somewere in Arizona. But suspending disbelief for a moment, let's say he is still in Arizona. How would that even work? Reflecting on it, Yuma County or La Paz County would be ideal hiding spots for him if he could establish an alternate identity. Both counties are relatively low in population and have a low cost of living, and most crucially, a high number of part-time residents who are snowbirds from somewhere else. Because so many people there are from somewhere else (especially in RV parks), he wouldn't stand out as suspicious or remarkable. There are lots of RV/mobile home parks in the Phoenix and Tucson areas as well, but being in a bigger city (and closer to the crime scene) seems like a bigger risk for him.

As usual, just my speculation.

I was having trouble sleeping last night and started thinking about this case for some reason. Two new ideas occoured to me:

1) I came across this article from the Phoenix New Times in 2015. Assuming the reporting is accurate, it sounds like the FBI has definite reason to think that Fisher is still alive. (Perhaps there's some evidence of a planned escape that they've never publicly shared; perhaps they consider some of the tips they've received over the years to be highly credible).

2) I started thinking about a few counterfacutal scenarios. My theory has always been that if Fisher is still alive, he's outside of the U.S.. I've always been skeptical of the idea that he's hiding in plain sight somewere in Arizona. But suspending disbelief for a moment, let's say he is still in Arizona. How would that even work? Reflecting on it, Yuma County or La Paz County would be ideal hiding spots for him if he could establish an alternate identity. Both counties are relatively low in population and have a low cost of living, and most crucially, a high number of part-time residents who are snowbirds from somewhere else. Because so many people there are from somewhere else (especially in RV parks), he wouldn't stand out as suspicious or remarkable. There are lots of RV/mobile home parks in the Phoenix and Tucson areas as well, but being in a bigger city (and closer to the crime scene) seems like a bigger risk for him.

As usual, just my speculation.

I covered the Fisher case as a local tv news reporter when it happened. I think you are spot on about the FBI believing Fisher is alive. I've been re-investigating the case for more than a year now. I found new info that Fisher never left the area and in fact lived on a ranch in northern Arizona as a ranch hand. He befriended a rancher that had no clue Fisher was a wanted man. It was a very bizarre twist in the case and seemed so simple too. Shocked me. Plus my investigation found a mysterious note at the Fisher family's gravesite.
‎Seeking Justice on Apple Podcasts

As a dog owner as well, I think I agree with that (even though mine obeys commands really well). After a couple hours, she would likely get scared, feel alone and try to find me. This case is hard to think about and yet again another family killer caring for his dog more but not his family. Not that he's the only family annihilator in the world still out there, this man NEEDS to be caught. Every time I look at pictures of Bobby and Brittany, I get so mad. If his dog listened really well, was really smart and this lunatic spent 10-minutes saying good bye—it's possible the dog would have stayed. Some of the pictures in the documentary on this (especially the one with Bobby standing next to his father with a dead bear in the background) make me sick that he has not payed for this.

Too bad dogs can't talk. Do we know what happened to the dog?

I covered the case 19 years ago when it happened as a tv news reporter. Police told me the dog was taken in by family members. They refused to give any more info about it. I have been back investigating the case for more than a year now. Returning to the spot he vanished and spending a lot of time in the area. I was shocked to uncover that a rancher says Fisher was living with him. Working as a ranch. This ranch had no clue Fisher was a wanted man until he spotted a FBI's Most wanted poster.

I covered the case 19 years ago when it happened as a tv news reporter. Police told me the dog was taken in by family members. They refused to give any more info about it. I have been back investigating the case for more than a year now. Returning to the spot he vanished and spending a lot of time in the area. I was shocked to uncover that a rancher says Fisher was living with him. Working as a ranch. This ranch had no clue Fisher was a wanted man until he spotted a FBI's Most wanted poster.

Just listened to the podcast. Very interesting. I guess you never found the rancher? Sounds like it could have been someone planting an idea for the community also. I find it very strange the rancher was not known to the store owner. Most ranchers and their "hired help" use the same places of business. I wonder if they were just traveling through the area? I lean toward it being planted information, but no facts to back that up....

Is there a documentary we can watch? Thanks for your hard work. Maybe it will turn up something.

Just thought about this also. Isn't it illegal to bury someone on your property if you have not notified the authorities? Maybe you can search public death records around the time of the store visit and see if they were "private cemetery" burials?

Thanks for joining the thread.

Just listened to the podcast. Very interesting. I guess you never found the rancher? Sounds like it could have been someone planting an idea for the community also. I find it very strange the rancher was not known to the store owner. Most ranchers and their "hired help" use the same places of business. I wonder if they were just traveling through the area? I lean toward it being planted information, but no facts to back that up....

Is there a documentary we can watch? Thanks for your hard work. Maybe it will turn up something.

Just thought about this also. Isn't it illegal to bury someone on your property if you have not notified the authorities? Maybe you can search public death records around the time of the store visit and see if they were "private cemetery" burials?

Thanks for joining the thread.

There is a great doc on this case called "Where is Robert Fisher?" Graphic photos beware and it looks like you can watch it on YouTube:

William Robert Fisher
533dc11769bedd4a6f27b033

FBI
After Bishop, Fisher stands accused of one of the most gruesome crimes of all the Most Wanted criminals — killing his wife and two children.

In April 2001, neighbors heard Fisher and his wife, Mary, fighting after she discovered he'd been having a second affair, Fox News reported. Investigators speculated his wife planned to leave him, and that he'd rather kill than see his family destroyed.

Fisher's children, Brittney, 12, and Bobby, 10, were also at home that night.

The next day, he allegedly shot his wife and chased down his children to slit their throats. Then, he allegedly lit a match in front of the open gas stove, effectively blowing up their house in Scottsdale, Ariz.

And then Fisher disappeared. Ten days later, authorities found the family vehicle in the mountains near Payson, Ariz. with the family dog and a Raiders hat inside.

Fisher made the Most Wanted list in 2002. The FBI continues to receive thousands of tips, both nationally and internationally, agent Mark Hoffman told Fox News in Phoenix. The bureau believes Fisher, now 52, has likely changed his appearance to avoid capture.

LINK:
Meet The 10 Most Wanted Fugitives In America

After watching the documentary, I feel he is still alive myself. All of his clothing is missing from the house. If he had it with him and killed himself, where are all of his clothes. There has never been any sign of him whatsoever. He was too narcissistic to commit suicide I think.

After watching the documentary, I feel he is still alive myself. All of his clothing is missing from the house. If he had it with him and killed himself, where are all of his clothes. There has never been any sign of him whatsoever. He was too narcissistic to commit suicide I think.

I've always been a bit puzzled the claim that all of his clothing was missing. Given how badly the house was burned by the explosion, it seems like they could have been destroyed by the fire. On the other hand, there's a lot of debris visible in the photos of the burned-out house, so maybe they based that conclusion on finding fragments of clothing belonging to Mary and the children but not Robert.

I'm also curious about there being almost no fingerprints in/on the SUV except for the single one found inside. Did LE mean that there were no fingerprints on the driver's side door and front driver's side interior, or that there really were no fingerprints anywhere else in the entire vehicle? If it's the latter, that implies a much more sophisticated level of planning. It was the car that Mary typically drove, so one would expect to find fingerprints belonging to her and the children somewhere in it. It also raises another question: why would Robert go through the trouble of thoroughly cleaning an entire vehicle that legally belonged to him? The only answer I can think of would be to conceal evidence of an accomplice/helper.

Again, all of the above is MOO.

Did anyone ever come forward and admit to having an affair with him?

If he did have an accomplice, I would assume they are still together. If they weren't, she would have told on him by now.......unless he disappeared her also.

I can't imagine any woman staying too long with someone as arrogant and self-serving as Mr. Fisher.

There is no way I could fit all of my clothes in a backpack. Maybe they mean most of his favorite clothes.

He is seen a lot in coveralls. He is too controlling and narcissistic to be alone for all these years.

I would love to know more about the rancher who claims he worked for him. You can't just have someone die while on your property and you just bury them!

I am thinking that story is a plant or mistake in identity, but I do find it interesting.

"Ranchers" are always well known in their own communities......"farmers" not necessarily!

I've always been a bit puzzled the claim that all of his clothing was missing. Given how badly the house was burned by the explosion, it seems like they could have been destroyed by the fire. On the other hand, there's a lot of debris visible in the photos of the burned-out house, so maybe they based that conclusion on finding fragments of clothing belonging to Mary and the children but not Robert.

I'm also curious about there being almost no fingerprints in/on the SUV except for the single one found inside. Did LE mean that there were no fingerprints on the driver's side door and front driver's side interior, or that there really were no fingerprints anywhere else in the entire vehicle? If it's the latter, that implies a much more sophisticated level of planning. It was the car that Mary typically drove, so one would expect to find fingerprints belonging to her and the children somewhere in it. It also raises another question: why would Robert go through the trouble of thoroughly cleaning an entire vehicle that legally belonged to him? The only answer I can think of would be to conceal evidence of an accomplice/helper.

Again, all of the above is MOO.

This is the reason I believe Robert had an accomplice. There was only a fingerprint on the interior on a coffee mug which was Robert's. The police could not elaborate on this extramarital affair because of their leads. For all we know, there could be another player somewhere right under the radar who knows. I could see a prostitute being involved in this. I don't think there is anything about that in the police report but I haven't read it all.

I do believe an accomplice could have been involved, but knowing RF's personality I can't believe she would stay with him this long. I guess if she was scared of him or he could have gotten rid of her also and she's not been reported missing or something.

This case needs to be solved.

William Robert Fisher
533dc11769bedd4a6f27b033

FBI
After Bishop, Fisher stands accused of one of the most gruesome crimes of all the Most Wanted criminals — killing his wife and two children.

In April 2001, neighbors heard Fisher and his wife, Mary, fighting after she discovered he'd been having a second affair, Fox News reported. Investigators speculated his wife planned to leave him, and that he'd rather kill than see his family destroyed.

Fisher's children, Brittney, 12, and Bobby, 10, were also at home that night.

The next day, he allegedly shot his wife and chased down his children to slit their throats. Then, he allegedly lit a match in front of the open gas stove, effectively blowing up their house in Scottsdale, Ariz.

And then Fisher disappeared. Ten days later, authorities found the family vehicle in the mountains near Payson, Ariz. with the family dog and a Raiders hat inside.

Fisher made the Most Wanted list in 2002. The FBI continues to receive thousands of tips, both nationally and internationally, agent Mark Hoffman told Fox News in Phoenix. The bureau believes Fisher, now 52, has likely changed his appearance to avoid capture.

LINK:
Meet The 10 Most Wanted Fugitives In America

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx