AZ AZ - Rochelle Ihm, 20, Phoenix, 13 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone ever check up on these cases and see if the "missing" person actually isn't missing? I can imagine if Rochelle just decided she didn't want to work in CA and stay in AZ, and after her parents (?) reported her missing she turned up a few days/weeks later they'd be either embarrassed or mad and just not remember to let LE know. Then it's just stayed on Doe Network for ever? Bizarre, I know, but I can see it happening. What do you think? Especially given the very unusual name we're dealing with here!

I know of one instance (Kelsey M Munson) where a WS member located her MySpace page, and she was accessing it regularly. I just called Lincoln NE Police last week to report that if she is still missing, someone should notify her family so that they will at least know that she has a significant other and a new baby and that she is still alive. They told me that she was located in Jan 09, but nobody bothered to tell Charley Project. I e-mailed Meaghan and she removed Kelsey's page.

Jennifer Kay Lenning and Yarely Castellon are still listed in Charley and have recently accessed MySpace pages. I called law enforcement in both cases, but still have not received a reply regarding their Missing Persons status.

I have done 4 searches on Rochelle, (not Intellius), and she shows up at the same address in Phoenix on all of them.Seems to have a current phone #. Could check the addy against maricopa county property records to get the current owner I guess. But, I think this is her, in Phoenix. Neither she nor the family might be into discussing ... IMHO.

But, how can we find out if the Rochelle on Intelius is the missing Rochelle?

The simplest thing to do would be to contact the law enforcement officials carrying her disappearance as a cold case. If it means closing a case, especially a cold case, I'm sure they'll be interested.

The simplest thing to do would be to contact the law enforcement officials carrying her disappearance as a cold case. If it means closing a case, especially a cold case, I'm sure they'll be interested.

Yes, you're right. Sooo, would anyone be willing to call LE? I don't want to do it because English is not my native language. That's why I don't feel confident enough to do it.
Is there anybody who would do that instead of me? :)

Yes, you're right. Sooo, would anyone be willing to call LE? I don't want to do it because English is not my native language. That's why I don't feel confident enough to do it.
Is there anybody who would do that instead of me? :)

I have no problem doing it. Although, as I'm originally from West Virginia, some might say that English isn't my native language either.

:)

did anyone ever make that call to AZ LE regarding the Rochelle M. Ihm found on intellious?

I just saw that the age changed from 43 to 44 so this RMI seems to have the March 1 DOB.

Did anyone cross check the telephone and address to see if both the tele and address are still listed for RMI?

Another thing that crossed my mind, it is possible RMI appears on the people search engines because her family still has her listed on some of their legal documents.

Shadowangel wrote that he / she would make the call. I don't know if he / she actually made it, though.

As I have written before, I'm convinced that they are one and the same person.

I emailed the address for the Phoenix PD missing persons' section as listed on one of the missing posters. I included the link to the Intellius page and our discussion here.

Still waiting for a response. I've been swamped with other matters, but if I don't get a response soon I'll make a call.

There is now another Rochelle M Ihm (age 52) listed in Omaha NE. Not a name I'd think I'd ever see repeated.

(I'm a he, by the way. :) )

Hello All,

I am the sister of Rochelle Ihm. The "Ihm" that you found in Phoenix is me, not Rocky. I appreciate your investigative work on this case, however, to this day, Rochelle remains missing. The family is goine except a brother in another country. I call the detective assigned to the case twice yearly and they never have anything new.

screen-shot-2015-02-19-at-73236-am.png

Gone Missing: Family's Search for Long-Lost Daughter
February 19, 2015
https://news.azpm.org/p/indepth/2015/2/19/57056-gone-missing-familys-search-for-long-lost-daughter/
Rochelle Ihm was 20 years old when she disappeared in July 1986 in Phoenix. Nearly three decades later, "Rocky," as her family called her, is still missing.
But her family is like the families of thousands of the estimated 80,000 missing people in the United States - still hoping.

more at link.

Hey I was wondering what's the deal with this Robert Yama? I found online a Robert Yama age 63 is living in Mesa is this same guy? Does he have criminal history?

Rochelle's case was recently part of a YouTube video from Cayleigh Elise, where she explained what little was known about the case and if anyone had any leads to call Law Enforcement. There are a few other cases on her videos too.

She is very respectful talking about the cases, but some of her videos still may be a little off putting / offensive? with the title "dark matters".

I love Cayleigh Elise - I had never known of this case before the video.

Hoping that her fan base continues to grow and more cases get more exposure. I like that she covers cases that aren't 'mainstream' or have gone cold.

'My sister just vanished 30 years ago'

"Rochelle Ihm disappeared in 1986 after a social gathering and hasn't been seen since.

She is one of at least 90,000 missing persons in the US. In Arizona, the numbers are especially stark."

• 30 Jul 2018"

Arizona - ROCHELLE IHM - Missing Alert
1094007_1.jpg

Rochelle Maria Ihm – The Charley Project
  • rochelle_maria_ihm_1.jpg
  • rochelle_maria_ihm_2.jpg
      • rochelle_maria_ihm_5.jpg
        • rochelle_maria_ihm_4.jpg

• Missing Since 07/13/1986
    • Missing From Phoenix, Arizona
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 03/01/1966 (52)
    • Age 20 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'4, 98 - 108 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt over a pink bikini and oval-shaped sapphire ring with eight small diamonds surrounding the stone.
    • Medical Conditions Ihm is a diabetic.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Ihm's nickname is Rocky. She has a round brown birthmark on her leg.

Last edited:
New DNA match leads to arrest in 2012 cold case murder of female jogger in Avondale
Nov 2 2018
"It's been more than three decades since anyone has seen Rochelle Ihm. The last person to see her alive is now dead.

Ihm went missing on a July Sunday afternoon in 1986.

The young paralegal took a flight from her new home in San Diego back to her hometown, Phoenix.

She arrived in Phoenix Friday night and spent the next two days catching up with friends.

It was supposed to be a weekend of fun before she started her new job back in California, but it was a position she would never end up filling."
"Yama was the family's former landscaper, who was a dozen years older than Rochelle. Yama paid for Rochelle's flight from San Diego to Phoenix."

"I don't know if he had romantic aspirations for Rochelle or not," Phoenix police Detective Stuart Somershoe said.

"According to Denise, Yama did make his interest in Rochelle known, though.

"He made comments to my mother about his attraction to her," Denise said. "My gut tells me that he picked her up and something happened."

"His cooperation faded kind of quickly," Somershoe said.

Yama was never charged. He died in 2005."

Bump.

Did Yama ever marry? If so was was she ever questioned? Was the bus driver of the bus the she would have got on ever questioned as to whether or not he remembered her? She was a young, blonde attractive female...seems like she would have been memorable. Did she go to the ticket counter to buy a ticket? After Yama supposedly dropped her off where did he go?Alibi?

Rochelle Maria Ihm – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Ihm resided in San Diego, California in 1986. She had grown up in Phoenix, Arizona and, in July 1986, made a spontaneous trip to Phoenix to see friends. Her former family gardener, Robert Yama, paid for her plane ticket and picked her up at the airport.

On the night of July 12, Ihm went to a party with her friends. She was last seen at 11:00 a.m. on July 13. According to her friends, Yama was unhappy that she had spent the weekend partying with them instead of spending time with him. Ihm's family stated Yama was attracted to her.

Yama says he dropped her off at a Greyhound bus station in the vicinity of 6th Street and Washington Street so she could take a bus back to California, but authorities later determined she never boarded the bus. She was due to start her new paralegal job the next day, but never showed up. She has never been heard from again.

Yama didn't cooperate with the investigation into Ihm's case and he is considered a possible suspect in her disappearance. He died in 2005 without ever being charged. Foul play is suspected in Ihm's disappearance, which remains unsolved.

I find her clothing description a little weird
A white shirt over a pink bikini

Who would travel by bus in this kind of clothing anyway, I wonder? Where is this description coming from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back