AZ AZ - Tia Payne, 18, Phoenix, 30 September 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*Update*
I just communicated with a young man who was friends with Tia. According to his account, he spoke with Tia about 3 days before she went missing, and that he attempted to deter her from connecting with someone on Craig's List. This would mean that there was definitely someone she intended to meet up with and was, in fact, alive 3 days before. He did not know who she was staying with at that time, nor did she give him any useful information on the photographer. I had just posted on her page before this so I am hopeful that my words will prompt others to come forth.
Any and all information is appreciated.

I am so happy to hear of this communication and think of you and Tia often! Sending you lots of love!

- Timeline -

May 01, 2010
- Tia joined Modelmayhem.com

May-Jul, 2010 - On her Modelmayhem page under tags a few photographers have made comments asking to shoot with her sometime.

Jul 13, 2010 - Last activity on Tia's Modelmayhem.com account.

Jul 14, 2010 - "Tia had a photo shoot scheduled for the 14th of July, 2010 from which she never returned." (as Tia's mother Wildheart48 stated above)

Jul 22, 2010 - Tia's remains were found in a wooded area at the base of an embankment, 2.7 miles south of State Route 260 adjacent to Forest Service Road 512 near Payson (Gila County), Arizona. They were so decomposed that they were not recognizable - (Jane Doe not identified as Tia until April 2013)

-------

Question 1: Have the photographers that commented on her ModelMayhem page asking to shoot with her between May 01 and Jun 14 2010, ever been spoken to by law enforcement?

Question2: Did Tia have a Cell Phone, and If so did law enforcement ever get the the ping/cell tower data analysed like they did in Kara Nichol's case, which led to the case being solved.

Links: Missingin.org , ModelMayhem , FB , WebSleuths - Identified! AZ - Payson, Female Skeletal UP8641, 16-20, Jul'10 - Tia Payne

Last edited:
- Timeline -

May 01, 2010
- Tia joined Modelmayhem.com

May-Jul, 2010 - On her Modelmayhem page under tags a few photographers have made comments asking to shoot with her sometime.

Jul 13, 2010 - Last activity on Tia's Modelmayhem.com account.

Jul 14, 2010 - "Tia had a photo shoot scheduled for the 14th of July, 2010 from which she never returned." (as Tia's mother Wildheart48 stated above)

Jul 22, 2010 - Tia's remains were found in a wooded area at the base of an embankment, 2.7 miles south of State Route 260 adjacent to Forest Service Road 512 near Payson (Gila County), Arizona. They were so decomposed that they were not recognizable - (Jane Doe not identified as Tia until April 2013)

-------

Question 1: Have the photographers that commented on her ModelMayhem page asking to shoot with her between May 01 and Jun 14 2010, ever been spoken to by law enforcement?

Question2: Did Tia have a Cell Phone, and If so did law enforcement ever get the the ping/cell tower data analysed like they did in Kara Nichol's case, which led to the case being solved.

Links: Missingin.org , ModelMayhem , FB , WebSleuths - Identified! AZ - Payson, Female Skeletal UP8641, 16-20, Jul'10 - Tia Payne
thank you for compiling this, I just started reading and I am in tears.

One of the comments made on Tia's ModelMayham page suggests that Tia may have gone on Craigslist around the time she disappeared. See below:-

model comment masked.png

Also, Tia did a photo shoot with the same model and a photographer, at a studio in Phoenix, AZ. The upload dates of the photos are April 20th, and 24th, 2010. Only a few months before she was officially reported missing.
Payne 1_full_Details_maskedr.jpg
------------------

Payne 2_full_Details_masked2r.png.jpg
------------------

Payne 3_full_Details_maskedr.jpg

Today is Tia's Birthday, there has still been no one held responsible. Thinking of Tia today and those who loved her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdinthehand
Back