AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that even LE want this young boy to be guilty of two murders. That just wouldn't make sense. ......but I don't think that LE focused only on this young boy and are determined to GET HIM.

I don't believe that the police are or were out to "frame" the child. I do think, however, that there is a possibility that the police did not investigate this in an efficient manner. I do think mistakes were made, and that could have led them to this child prematurely.

Someone said that they were sure that everyone had been questioned. If you read the last court docs, you know that isn't the case at all. The DA has stated he hasn't interviewed everyone, and they made plans to do so by the end of January. I think that's a problem.

Again, having said all that, I do believe it's probable that the child did this. But I have to admit there are questions, and I want to know WHY - and I admit that I'll probably never know.

Right there it seems more likely that the women set it up and had the "fall child" available to take the blame....jmo from 30K foot level on the case. They may have figured that there was no way he would be charged. Surprise.

going back to lurking now...

That is a reason i think they should look more into Tiffany as well... Did someone encourage the boy? There could be a range of factors involved in why the men were murdered.

Thank you. It states the shooter had to be at least two feet away from the victims, which accounts for no reside. Nothing much new.

No, nothing new much but I did notice the ME, thinks like I have all along and that the shots fired at the father were done with the shooter below him at the bottom of the staircase. And then probably where the second platform was located on the staircase is where he stood when he shot VR in the head.

It was interesting to note though that the toxicology report was negative for both alcohol and drugs concerning both victims.

imoo

No, nothing new much but I did notice the ME, thinks like I have all along and that the shots fired at the father were done with the shooter below him at the bottom of the staircase. And then probably where the second platform was located on the staircase is where he stood when he shot VR in the head.

It was interesting to note though that the toxicology report was negative for both alcohol and drugs concerning both victims.imoo

The entire incident must have been such a surprise/shock to each man that neither had time or presence to react. Had they gone into the house together, this would have had a different ending.

Thanks, Oceanblueeyes.
Both men were shot in the top of the head, I'm guessing those were the close up shots to put them "out of their suffering". Most of the other shots were at a distance.

From the above article: "Pima County also released the toxicology reports which shows a check for alcohol and drugs in both men came back negative.

Saint Johns Police say the 8-year-old used a single shot 22-caliber rifle to shoot both men.

That means he would have had to reload and fire before each of the ten shots."

So all the bullets are traced back to the same gun.

I don't believe that the police are or were out to "frame" the child. I do think, however, that there is a possibility that the police did not investigate this in an efficient manner. I do think mistakes were made, and that could have led them to this child prematurely.

Someone said that they were sure that everyone had been questioned. If you read the last court docs, you know that isn't the case at all. The DA has stated he hasn't interviewed everyone, and they made plans to do so by the end of January. I think that's a problem.

Again, having said all that, I do believe it's probable that the child did this. But I have to admit there are questions, and I want to know WHY - and I admit that I'll probably never know.

I agree.Well,We need to know what provoked this little boy to do this if he did.What we do know is that the LE pretty much screwed everything up here.It was not handled very well at all.From I understand all the information is still even not back yet.

I agree.Well,We need to know what provoked this little boy to do this if he did.What we do know is that the LE pretty much screwed everything up here.It was not handled very well at all.From I understand all the information is still even not back yet.

Provoked? Since when does that become an excuse to murder anyone. People are provoked all the time but they don't kill the people.

And how could they provoke him? VR had just gotten home from work and was still fully dressed in his work attire and construction gear? Tim Romans was sitting outside in his truck. How did he provoke this boy?

I don't agree that the investigation is not continuing. From the very last PDF State document on disclosure (12-18-08) on the Apache county website the DA has given the defense many document reports of various officers. Their reports always contains who was interviewed or reinterviewed and what was said and learned.

imoo

Thanks, Oceanblueeyes.
Both men were shot in the top of the head, I'm guessing those were the close up shots to put them "out of their suffering". Most of the other shots were at a distance.

From the above article: "Pima County also released the toxicology reports which shows a check for alcohol and drugs in both men came back negative.

Saint Johns Police say the 8-year-old used a single shot 22-caliber rifle to shoot both men.

That means he would have had to reload and fire before each of the ten shots."

So all the bullets are traced back to the same gun.

Yes, they estimate the length going from where the end of the barrel was when fired. So it seems in two of the shots the end of the barrel was closer to 2-2.5 feet when fired and the others were further away but imo it wasn't from a long way away. I think the longest shot probably fired that day was when Tim was first hit about 24 feet from the door of the home.

imoo

I mean what provoked this child to do this.I mean how was this little boy raised,how was this boy treated ect...He is a very young boy.He is not an adult.We do not even have all this information back yet.we do not know all the answers yet and need to stop talking as if we do.We do not need to be argumentative with each other on these boards or maybe we should go take a break for awhile.We just do not know everything yet.

Why in the world will it take til the end of January to interview everyone that they need to interview? Is this police department slow or what! There has to have been something that led them to believe that this boy was the shooter.
I wish we knew what that was. I don't believe that Tim's wife made up the story of her husband going to see what the boy wanted and seconds later her husband was dead. I can't imagine her making the story up. It probably wouldn't have crossed her mind that the boy was the shooter if she hadn't heard the exchange between Tim and the boy. She most likely would have thought an adult was the shooter. I know I would have. The boy would never have entered my mind as the shooter.

Because of the gag order there are probably so many things that we are unaware of. I wish they would lift that darn thing so we know what is going on.

Ballistic report is not due back until January...can't assume it was the same gun...Fact not in evidence.

OK, all the bullets trace back to the same TYPE OF GUN... 22 CAL. That is in evidence.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Neckel.pdf

This is the report of the original incident. It's 64 pages long. Please read the entire report before making judgment. During the reading, there were times I felt the boy could be innocent, but near the end I felt BB tried to believe the boy but realized and gave good reasons to what actually happened.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Neckel.pdf

This is the report of the original incident. It's 64 pages long. Please read the entire report before making judgment. During the reading, there were times I felt the boy could be innocent, but near the end I felt BB tried to believe the boy but realized and gave good reasons to what actually happened.

My darn computer doesn't have enough memory so that I can read the pdf reports so I am missing out on a whole bunch of reading every time they release more reports. Cuss, Swear, Cuss, Swear!

If some of these shots were at close range, why wan't this kid covered in blood?...the only description in the police reports was one spot on his pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc