Baez Files 8 Motions In Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. Doesn't JB realize that a mother of a REAL missing child doesn't keep all these secrets? No, they BEG for someone, anyone to broadcast pictures and tips around the world. They plead for attention - not for themselves, but for their lost child.
Polly Klaas' dad, Marc, when he was on NG (iirc), said that he immediately told LE that he wanted a lie detector test, or anything else that would clear him, because he knew that the sooner they stopped looking at him, the quicker they could go look for the real person that took her, and maybe find her alive. He (Marc) said that he wasn't worried about a false positive on a lie detector, that he figured he would have dealt with that if it happened, but an honest person doesn't really have anything to hide and as a parent, he wanted the police to clear him and start the real search as soon as possible.

I think that is how I would feel. Take a chance on a false positive (if they actually occur?) just to do what i could to convince LE i was not the one to watch, so resources weren't wasted for weeks..

Miss Casey and Drew Peterson's lawyers must have both graduated from the same law school. When Mark Geragos is looking good in my eyes, I start getting real scared.

I've got stitches in my side from refraining from laughing out loud at a place that I shouldn't..work!!! :crazy:

This is really rich! Motion to Compel the flight manifest from that tipster! Motion to allow little Ms. KC to go to places of interest! Maybe she can join us on Team Equusearch and point out where she dumped Caylee! Ridiculous!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. Baez wants all laws suspended for his precious little client. If there is any justice, they will all be denied. I would bet money that Casey wants to go look for Caylee in Mexico and would not return.

As for the rest, Baez claims to have an investigator in his office. Why doesn't he have his guy subpoena the records that Baez wants? Too much work for the lazy - "gimmee" attorney? He is asksing for things he has no right to have. Just more special treatment for the little liar.

I am livid. Who does Baez think Casey is - OJ??????

You don't file a motion for DCF records, the person named as suspected abuser goes in and files a paper asking fo the records. Federal law. Abuser has a right to those records. As do any children named in the report.
Duh, JB.
Well, Baez is not the sharpest tack in the box. IMO, he's the dullest. As another poster said, when Mark Geragos starts to look good, we are in big trouble.

He is not allowed any poolygraph information unless it's exculpatory for his client. And I think he's only allowed the RESULTS, not the entire test. Is is planning a Cindy - attacking everyone who ever knew Caylee and Casey? He needs to go back to law school and learn something. His dropout status is showing.

So what do you all think Baez's chance is of getting this information? If he had a right to it, wouldn't LE have given it to him? Does he have a right to all this info? It does seem like he would have a right to the DCF info since it is a neglect case and the trial is next month.
DCF info is not part of the neglect case. He needs to go to them to get that information. You are talking about two separate issues.

Wasnt the A family BEGGING for the public to help bring Caylee home?

"The motion, one of eight filed in Orange County Circuit Court, also asks that the time and date of the travel be kept secret from the public."

The Secret Vigil
http://www.wesh.com/news/17632405/detail.html
"Meanwhile, the Anthony family moved their weekly prayer vigil. Instead of holding it outside their Orange County home, they gathered with supporters at a church.

The family wanted to avoid protesters who have caused problems outside their home.<~~~~~Shouldnt they be more concerned about the problems INSIDE their home, or are these just minor annoyances that can be avoided and ignored?

The Anthonys chose not to name the church location to avoid interruptions."

Then we can rule out this church....
http://www.irsaved.com/about_our_church.htm
"Our doors are open to all who enter to worship, linger to pray, and then depart to serve others with this same spirit."

Well isnt that weird? Arent most prayer vigils are held privately at undisclosed locations? Doesnt EVERYONE know that the Lord doesnt want to be interrupted during these exclusive events? :confused:

I'm not sure how long the court has to respond, but I know the prosecutor can drag it out at times. Heck, in the Edwin Hall case (which I distantly followed) the defense even lied...kept claiming they didn't receive it and other nonsense. In the end, a final copy of the tape was made in court. It was interesting... http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125

The defense often says they didn't receive discovery. It's a common tactic. Prosecution can prove it by documenting their evidence by page # and making defense sign for it. Geragos tried this numerous times on Peterson and prosecution was always able to refer to Bates Stamp number and date given to them. It is NOT up to the prosecution to prove the defense's case fror them. They have to do some work on their own.

Also wanted to throw in my two cents on this...JB sure is concerned with the media, huh? He bad mouths them at every chance he gets! Even in something that should be formal, such as a motion, he gives his opinions on the media and how they've handled this case. He sure knows how to make an *advertiser censored* of himself! :waitasec:
And he's good at it!!!!

This is just SOP. A good attorney would have done this a long time ago.
If he was my attorney I would be sweating bullets by now. Of course, when you aren't paying for your attorney you are not in much of a position to fire him.:rolleyes:

It is starting to sound like Jose is anxious to get Casey charged with murder. He is entitled to get discovery for any criminal charge against his client. But the info from the Body Farm is not related to the neglect or forgery charges. The only way he will be entitled to the Body Farm info is if she is charged with a crime related to it.

So maybe Jose is getting tired and bored with babysitting little Miss Casey.

I'm going to go against the flow here (I know, everyone is shocked :eek::)) and say that I think Baez's request for discovery should be granted. Many people on this board have said how smart LE is being in holding off charges while they analyze evidence and get their ducks in a row, in other words, while they prepare for a possible trial in the future. It seems to me that is extremely unfair to the suspect who should have an equal amount of time to prepare a defense. I want nothing more than for Casey to pay for her crimes but, like any other suspect, she should be entitled to a fair trial. How fair is it that the prosecution has so much more time to prepare for their case?

Why is it a problem anyway? If LE has solid evidence, like they claim in the media, why not allow Baez access to it? It's not like he can change or alter it in any way.

It is starting to sound like Jose is anxious to get Casey charged with murder. He is entitled to get discovery for any criminal charge against his client. But the info from the Body Farm is not related to the neglect or forgery charges. The only way he will be entitled to the Body Farm info is if she is charged with a crime related to it.

So maybe Jose is getting tired and bored with babysitting little Miss Casey.

IMO Baez is trying to push for a "rush to judgment." Good luck with that.

I think JB is worried that Tim Miller will find Caylee's body - I also think it would be most appropriate to let Miss Casey go out and search with Tim and his group. Let her go out in the heat, through the swamps, get eaten up by mosquitoes - do it every day for about a week - maybe she will really have something to whine about. If they find the body she will face what she has done.

As for JB - Methinks he has been eating too many of the Casey brownies.

This is just SOP. A good attorney would have done this a long time ago.
If he was my attorney I would be sweating bullets by now. Of course, when you aren't paying for your attorney you are not in much of a position to fire him.:rolleyes:
Didn't he already "file" motions for much of this evidence, but did it incorrectly so the paperwork sat in an inbox somewhere?

I'm going to go against the flow here (I know, everyone is shocked :eek::)) and say that I think Baez's request for discovery should be granted. Many people on this board have said how smart LE is being in holding off charges while they analyze evidence and get their ducks in a row, in other words, while they prepare for a possible trial in the future. It seems to me that is extremely unfair to the suspect who should have an equal amount of time to prepare a defense. I want nothing more than for Casey to pay for her crimes but, like any other suspect, she should be entitled to a fair trial. How fair is it that the prosecution has so much more time to prepare for their case?

Why is it a problem anyway? If LE has solid evidence, like they claim in the media, why not allow Baez access to it? It's not like he can change or alter it in any way.

Why should they allow an attorney to see evidence for a charge that has not yet been filed?

The flip side is that there is a good chance that Casey would not be free on bail if murder charges had been filed by the state.

In exchange for her temporary freedom, her attorney is temporarily prevented from seeing the evidence being compiled against her.

Miss Casey and Drew Peterson's lawyers must have both graduated from the same law school. When Mark Geragos is looking good in my eyes, I start getting real scared.

ROTFL - didn't they have law school advertisements on matchbook covers? I'm guessing thats where they went to school???

A defense attorney does not get the evidence BEFORE their client has been charged - when the client is charged, THEN, the state hands over evidence collected and THEN and only then the Defense can do their own tests on evidence, etc.

Let Beaz take this to the top Florida court then the countries supreme court - no defense attorney gets evidence prior to the actual charge

Full disclosure AFTER the charge not before

I think Baez is watching too many movies

Why should they allow an attorney to see evidence for a charge that has not yet been filed?

The flip side is that there is a good chance that Casey would not be free on bail if murder charges had been filed by the state.

In exchange for her temporary freedom, her attorney is temporarily prevented from seeing the evidence being compiled against her.
Exactly! Baez is not going to make them file charges any sooner by continuing to file motions which he knows are premature.

It is like pouring water in a well in hopes that it fills up enough to start the process of drowning his own client, imo. Makes no sense. LE and the DA are not going to budge until it is time...then they will toss her in the well and sink her.

Although charges haven't been filed, Casey has been named as the sole suspect and statements supporting her guilt have been released to the media by LE. LE has said that the evidence is currently being tested for the THIRD time. In the interest of a fair trial, the defense should at least be able to view the results of that testing if not perform testing of their own. Why should one side have 3 (or more) extra months to prepare it's case? Casey may very well spend the rest of her life in prison, if she doesn't receive the death penalty. Considering the potential outcome, I don't think it's unreasonable that her attorney ask for a level playing field.

A defense attorney does not get the evidence BEFORE their client has been charged - when the client is charged, THEN, the state hands over evidence collected and THEN and only then the Defense can do their own tests on evidence, etc.

Let Beaz take this to the top Florida court then the countries supreme court - no defense attorney gets evidence prior to the actual charge

Full disclosure AFTER the charge not before

I think Baez is watching too many movies

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth