Baez, is it legal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just wanted to add one more thing. Baez used the words about Kronk.( morally bankrupt)
These descriptive words apply to the DF team. They are MORALLY BANKRUPT.

I disagree. Baez may be wrong for making accusations about other people involved which he can't prove, but he is only defending his client in any way he possibly can. Defense lawyers do it every day. Not all of them can afford the luxury of only taking on clients who they know are innocent. Some of them have to take on clients who may be guilty, but it's still their job and they are bound to do the best they can to defend them.
Baez did not cause this case to come about, nor did any of his defense team. I think all of them volunteered to help. Casey hired him to defend her, and even if he is doing a poor job of it... it does not make him morally bankrupt. Unfortunately, there are enough criminals in the world to create a big demand for defense lawyers, but you can't blame the lawyers because the crimes happen.

I will agree with you on that and I will say that KC is included in the one that is Morally Bankrupt. I don't like the fact that people are reaping in the dough on this. It's just not right in my eyes. It is frustrating when you can not do a thing about it.

When you attack the integrity of innocent people to use as a tool to win your argument, just because you are on the defense end, you are morally bankrupt. It just isn't necessary.

Every time a witness is sworn in, they have to attest to the words: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Attorneys should be bound by the same rules. Anything else is a mockery of our system.

Baez said RKronk was morally bankrupt for he held on to Caylee's remains so he can reap the benefits of a reward...having said that....what about his financial gain that he is allegeding others did...What about his hyocrisy? He's done the same from the sale of Caylee's photos/videos, he gained financially as did ALyon, so he opened a door he can't close and I wait for ICA to take the stand for that huge piece of information to come to light. She and two of her DT gained financially through Caylee's demise. Why is that okay and the others, like RMorales, CA to not gain financially...I feel no one should have gained through the death of this precious child...but there they sit, the pot calling the kettle black...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Do you think that if early on Baez said it was an accident that the SA would have said ok we,ll drops the charges,Casey's free to go. I would hope not.

I absolutely do !

Had Casey said from the moment her daughter accidently died (Supposedly), called 911 , we would have been looking at different scenario. These things , these innocent people, would all be living life differently. Casey would have been free and there would have been no reason to cost the florida government this HUGE WASTE of time, money and hurt to the nation in general......

There were personal gains to be made here. Greed took precendent over a sweet girls life .........
IMPO

Charleyann

I do believe that Baez knew about this alleged accidental drowning when he made the statement that all would be revealed during his Opening Statement. Need to refresh myself on how far back that was unless one of you Experts know right off the top of your Brilliant Heads!

RR

I disagree. Baez may be wrong for making accusations about other people involved which he can't prove, but he is only defending his client in any way he possibly can. Defense lawyers do it every day. Not all of them can afford the luxury of only taking on clients who they know are innocent. Some of them have to take on clients who may be guilty, but it's still their job and they are bound to do the best they can to defend them.
Baez did not cause this case to come about, nor did any of his defense team. I think all of them volunteered to help. Casey hired him to defend her, and even if he is doing a poor job of it... it does not make him morally bankrupt. Unfortunately, there are enough criminals in the world to create a big demand for defense lawyers, but you can't blame the lawyers because the crimes happen.

Knowingly lying and accusing someone of molesting their own child is not a defense. Baez certainly is morally bankrupt, whatever his motivations may be. As a society we should demand this not be allowed. I would not be surprised if some changes come about because of this blatantly dishonest and pointless defense.

I absolutely do !

Had Casey said from the moment her daughter accidently died (Supposedly), called 911 , we would have been looking at different scenario. These things , these innocent people, would all be living life differently. Casey would have been free and there would have been no reason to cost the florida government this HUGE WASTE of time, money and hurt to the nation in general......

There were personal gains to be made here. Greed took precendent over a sweet girls life .........
IMPO

Charleyann

Ok I see. If it really was an accident than I agree that this whole ordeal was a HUGE WASTE.

And you know he was knowingly lying how? <modsnip>

Knowingly lying and accusing someone of molesting their own child is not a defense. Baez certainly is morally bankrupt, whatever his motivations may be. As a society we should demand this not be allowed. I would not be surprised if some changes come about because of this blatantly dishonest and pointless defense.

I seem to vaguely remember a letter written by the DT to the SA regarding a possible overdose. This was in the early stages of this case. Interesting the DT could go from an overdose to a drowning. Anyone else remember this??

I seem to vaguely remember a letter written by the DT to the SA regarding a possible overdose. This was in the early stages of this case. Interesting the DT could go from an overdose to a drowning. Anyone else remember this??

I could see why they would change.....overdose would still classified aggravated child abuse which constitutes the needle too !!!

Charleyann

Yes. You're thinking back to when a lawyer - T Lenamon - don't remember his first name - was hired. The letter was written by him. JB vetoed it and fired Lenamon (or Lenamon left on his own, I'm not sure.)

When you attack the integrity of innocent people to use as a tool to win your argument, just because you are on the defense end, you are morally bankrupt. It just isn't necessary.

Every time a witness is sworn in, they have to attest to the words: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Attorneys should be bound by the same rules. Anything else is a mockery of our system.

It is your (and my) opinion that GA and LA and RK are innocent of JB's accusations made during opening statements. But if those are the stories his client has told him, JB would be morally bankrupt if he did NOT raise those issues in the courtroom.

Although some lawyers push the boundaries, there are limits on what attorneys (prosecution or defense) can say in court. They are prohibited from stating something they know to be untrue and from putting a witness on the stand that they know will commit perjury.

But the key word is "know." No matter how convinced I may be that the defense claims are just more of KC's chronic lying, JB has to work with what he is given unless he has incontrovertible proof to the contrary.

Do you think that if early on Baez said it was an accident that the SA would have said ok we,ll drop the charges,Casey's free to go. I would hope not.

Only if:

1. An autopsy showed drowning as the cause of death; and

2. She reported the drowning right away.

There's no getting around the 31-day wait.

I have no idea how you can know that JB "knowingly" lied, but alleging child molestation may yet prove to be a defense if jurors have to decide whether KC lives or dies.

The things that prevented him from being called to the Bar 8 times suggest moral bankruptcy, so do his foreclosures IMO.

Do you think that if early on Baez said it was an accident that the SA would have said ok we,ll drop the charges,Casey's free to go. I would hope not.

I think if she would have confessed to a drowning at the time the police found out Caylee was missing, say perhaps the day she was interviewed at Universal, she would have faced some charges, but more minimal ones. Maybe charges related to disposing of the body, lying to police, hindering and/or falsifying information in an investigation, etc..., but nothing like a murder charge. However, I think she would have not only had to admit the drowning, but led them to the body and explained prior to them recovering the body that she placed the duct tape on the face to make it look like a kidnapping, placed her in the trunk before deciding to put her in the woods, etc...as she was scared of telling her parents, was in shock and did not know what to do.

If she claimed drowning at that time, confessed to having her in the trunk and was upfront about the duct tape, I don't know if the police would have gone to the lengths they did with the body farm and FBI regarding the carpet liner. If they didn't use the body farm and FBI, they may not have found out about the chloroform or the computer searches.

JMO

If I remember correctly JB made statement really soon after her hiring him that he would make this all understandable in his opening statement. I know he said this recently but I am talking about years ago....making me think the accident information was known then and nothing new. Can't be certain though.

... the defense must be 'websleuthing' again... i see casey is managing to squeeze out tears today while seeing pix of her baby's bones... but managed to sit stoned-faced while the decomposition of her baby's body was being graphically described... she's obviously being counseled to show some emotion...

... the defense must be 'websleuthing' again... i see casey is managing to squeeze out tears today while seeing pix of her baby's bones... but managed to sit stoned-faced while the decomposition of her baby's body was being graphically described... she's obviously being counseled to show some emotion...

Funny....
we remember her reaction when JB went all graphic about GA's 8th grade actions in the Opening Statement.

Yet today she dabs eyes and plays with nose.

I would expect those two reactions to be flip flopped.

more like:
Babies remains = crying, whaling and squirming
Dads "supposed" actions = equal what you see in court today

of course just my opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members