Deceased/Not Found Bahamas - Cameron Robbins, 18, Louisiana teen jumped overboard from sunset cruise, Nassau, 25 May 2023 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heart breaks for the young man and his family. There were on Baton Rouge high school graduates on this boat. It was packed with graduates celebrating, drinking, and having a blast. Many of us did crazy stunts with liquid courage in our systems. I'm surprised my friends and I survived our high school and our college years. As parents we shudder to think about what my kids did at that age.

I sincerely hope there isn't going to be a code of silence among the passengers that will hinder any investigation, just like it did (and AFAIK continues to do) in a case that occurred last summer, also involving a party for high school graduates.

My heart breaks for the young man and his family. There were on Baton Rouge high school graduates on this boat. It was packed with graduates celebrating, drinking, and having a blast. Many of us did crazy stunts with liquid courage in our systems. I'm surprised my friends and I survived our high school and our college years. As parents we shudder to think about what my kids did at that age.

That's a lot of unsupervised 18 year olds with open access to booze on that boat.

This can't be the first time some kid has been dared and jumped off the boat

Wow.

Last edited:
I'm 50/50 on it being a shark. Resolution on the video is poor and there are reasonable suggestions about what else the "shark" could be.

I will say this... he was 18... a high school athlete... and from the video didn't appear to have been in the water long or be overly stressed. I don't think he so much drifted out of view as he's there one second... and then is gone. The video is turning away, but it looks like he was still in frame when he vanished.

Either way, I can't imagine his terror.

I went to Costa Rica, once. A beautiful, clear, and sunny day. Learning how to surf with some friends. We were bobbing along with our boards in about 10 feet of clear water with the sun almost right above. In order to check out some other surfers, I switched the side of the board I was hanging on - which now put the sun slightly behind me (instead of in my face). The effect was that the magnified cylindrical grey shadow projecting onto the ocean floor below me... which I had previously not seen because of my positioning... became suddenly and terrifyingly apparent the first time I looked down. It was either Jaws or the shadow of Jaws... my brain knew it, my body knew it. It was one of, if not the, scariest moments of my life. I still remember the kind of instant chills/adrenaline rush... maybe it was a prey feeling, I don't know.

Last edited:
I'm 50/50 on it being a shark. Resolution on the video is poor and there are reasonable suggestions about what else the "shark" could be.

I will say this... he was 18... a high school athlete... and from the video didn't appear to have been in the water long or be overly stressed. I don't think he so much drifted out of view as he's there one second... and then is gone. The video is turning away, but it looks like he was still in frame when he vanished.

Either way, I can't imagine his terror.

I went to Costa Rica, once. A beautiful, clear, and sunny day. Learning how to surf with some friends. We were bobbing along with our boards in about 10 feet of clear water with the sun almost right above. In order to check out some other surfers, I switched the side of the board I was hanging on - which now put the sun slightly behind me (instead of in my face). The effect was that the magnified cylindrical grey shadow projecting onto the ocean floor below me... which I had previously not seen because of my positioning... became suddenly and terrifyingly apparent the first time I looked down. It was either Jaws or the shadow of Jaws... my brain knew it, my body knew it. If was one of, if not the, scariest moments of my life. I still remember the kind of instant chills/adrenaline rush... maybe it was a prey feeling, I don't know.

Aack. I had that unpleasant spine-tingly sensation just reading about that.

Presumably, they would have had to have parental permission to go on this trip.... This is an alcohol cruise.

At least some of the attendees, including Cameron, are 18. No parental permission needed once you're an adult, even if you're still enrolled in high school.
It's a school-sponsored trip, by the sounds of it? Who is supervising? And ALL of the attendees had to be 18+, per the ship owner's ad ^^^.

Why is there only that one video? Of all the kids gathered around are we to believe only one of them was recording?
There's more than one video that was made; at least one with another angle. Check tiktok for I won't be the one posting them. The Major networks aren't showing the shark footage, respectfully, as I wrote yesterday.

What's puzzling to me is that if the shark was so close to the ship, then why didn't Cameron see it prior to jumping unless the shark was trailing behind the boat? Then, as I saw it happen on video, the shark turned its body toward the splash of Cameron hitting the water's surface and swam toward him. Cameron saw it, too, and chose not to swim toward the life-preserver because it was parallel to the shark.

The students on the trip were from Prep Schools, including from the NOLA area. These kids are raised with such tight standards that it was likely CR's first taste of liquor.

It's a school-sponsored trip, by the sounds of it? Who is supervising? And ALL of the attendees had to be 18+, per the ship owner's ad ^^^.
It was not a school sponsored trip, that I know of. No. Several seniors from area Preparatory Schools were also on the trip. They were staying at a resort in Nassau. This sunset cruise was a one evening event of their Graduation Celebration.

There's more than one video that was made; at least one with another angle. Check tiktok for I won't be the one posting them. The Major networks aren't showing the shark footage, respectfully, as I wrote yesterday.

What's puzzling to me is that if the shark was so close to the ship, then why didn't Cameron see it prior to jumping unless the shark was trailing behind the boat? Then, as I saw it happen on video, the shark turned its body toward the splash of Cameron hitting the water's surface and swam toward him. Cameron saw it, too, and chose not to swim toward the life-preserver because it was parallel to the shark.

The students on the trip were from Prep Schools, including from the NOLA area. These kids are raised with such tight standards that it was likely CR's first taste of liquor.
BBM: I think the shark was visible to us and the other passengers because of all the lights focused on the water. It would have been darker before he jumped and they started looking for him.

I slowed down the video to .25x playback speed and I think I see a shark twice - first by the preserver and then it almost looks like a head comes and grabs his feet when he goes under. Of course, as thebedbug noted, the resolution is so poor it is hard to tell exactly what is going on. Either way, poor Cameron :(

*Edited to add MOO

I slowed down the video to .25x playback speed and I think I see a shark twice - first by the preserver and then it almost looks like a head comes and grabs his feet when he goes under. Of course, as thebedbug noted, the resolution is so poor it is hard to tell exactly what is going on. Either way, poor Cameron :(

*Edited to add MOO
The tiktok video shows the shark more clearly :confused:

With all due respect, I attended a very expensive prep school and there was a scandal my 7th grade year when the 8th graders were hiding bottles of liquor in their toilet tanks.

Regardless of whether this was Cameron's first taste of liquor or his thousandth, this is a tragedy. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

He looks fairly calm in water but you can tell that he sees something and immediately turned away and swam away from it. It seems apparent to me that there was a large gray object swimming (definitely moves like a fish swimming) in the water to his left.
Lord..what a tragedy

It doesn’t look like he was that far from shore, although he’d more likely be trying to head towards the boat, which was the opposite direction

In the photos of the video footage in one of the earlier news pieces, he is in the water, wearing a white shirt and light-colored pants. The reports are that he was splashing then disappeared from view. There was a pink life preserver in the water, but the shot did not include him and it's hard to tell how far away it was. From the angle of at least one of the photos, it looks like the boat may have had a camera on the mast.

Awful think to happen. You'd think it would be easy for a strong young guy like that to stay afloat and get hauled back onto the boat, but alcohol and sea water don't mix well. It's also surprisingly difficult to swim with clothes and shoes on.

I feel so bad for everyone.
he had no life jacket, even a strong swimmer can drawn easily, its so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back