Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Taylor Casey, 41, was last seen on Wednesday in the area of Paradise Island, which connects to New Providence, known as Nassau, according to the Royal Bahamas Police Force.

The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unknown.
14995613_062424-wls-missing-tayler-casey-img.png

The Royal Bahamas Police Force confirmed Taylor Casey, 41, was last seen in the area of Paradise Island, Nassau, in the Bahamas on June 19.

Casey's friend said, in a Facebook post, that she attended a yoga retreat center before she "mysteriously vanished."

Casey's niece said family members, including her grandma, are going to the Bahamas Tuesday to help in the search. Casey's family lives in suburban Hazel Crest.

Colette Seymore told WBBM that she has not heard from her 41 year-old daughter Taylor Casey since last Tuesday, June 18.

“Taylor sent me pictures of Taylor in the water and everything,” Seymore said.

She said she had no idea anything was wrong until she received a phone call from someone at the yoga retreat on June 20.

“[They] asked me if I had heard from Taylor?” Seymore recalled.

She responded, “When [was] the last time y'all seen Taylor?”

Seymore said she never got a straight answer, and that's when she started to worry.

“We pinged Taylor's phone, [it was] sitting in the water in the Atlantic ocean, and they haven't found that yet,” said Seymore. “I need them to get on the ball, put some effort into looking for my child."

“I really need to be in the Bahamas, in their face, getting that question answered directly," Seymore said.

Seymore and a group of supporters will be flying to the Bahamas Tuesday to help with the search and investigation.

"I'm a wreck. I'm really a wreck, but I know I need to be strong for my child," said Seymore.

Last edited:

In a statement Monday, family members said Taylor Casey, 41, was last seen at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas on Wednesday.

Family members hope someone will step forward with information on her whereabouts.

Organizers of the Find Taylor Casey Facebook pagesaid by email that she's "a cherished friend, daughter, aunt, and beloved community member."

-according to the Royal Bahamas Police Force, she was last seen in the area of a paradise Island, in Nassau, on June 19th.

Casey’s disappearance comes months after the U.S. government issued a Level 2 Travel Advisory for The Bahamas.

To help authorities in the search, Casey’s mother and a group of supporters will be going to The Bahamas on Tuesday.

Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact the police.

Would she be staying on site at the yoga retreat center?
Looking up the Ashram named, looks like absolutely.

It looks like a hotel.

She was there for teacher training/certification; those tend to be fairly intensive, a more structured, challenging educational program compared to those just using it as a retreat or holiday.

JUN 24, 2024
In January, the U.S. issued a "Level 2" Travel Advisory for The Bahamas, warning that travelers should "exercise increased caution in The Bahamas due to crime."

"The majority of crime occurs on New Providence (Nassau) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands," the advisory said. "Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assaults, occur in both tourist and non-tourist areas. Be vigilant when staying at short-term vacation rental properties where private security companies do not have a presence. "

JUN 24, 2024
TAYLOR CASEY.png
Casey, of Chicago, is known for her "vibrant and loving personality" and has practiced yoga for 15 years, her family said.

She had long wanted to expand her knowledge of and ability in the discipline, and she saw the Bahamas trip as a step toward that goal, the family said.

Seymore was traveling to Bahamas to coordinate with police, according to the statement.

“We are deeply concerned for Taylor’s safety and well-being,” said Casey’s mother, Colette Seymore, in a release posted on a Facebook page dedicated to locating Casey. “We love Taylor and want her home.”

Taylor, who has been practicing yoga for 15 years, went to the yoga retreat “to fulfill a long-term goal of deepening her practice,” the family said in the release.

Seymore said she fears Casey is in danger because her daughter was “eager to share her yoga retreat experience with others upon her return.”

“Taylor would never disappear like this,” the mother added.

JUN 25, 2024
The 41-year-old woman from Chicago disappeared from Paradise Island, Bahamas last Wednesday. ...

Two days later, the Royal Bahamas Police Force issued a missing person poster, alerting the public.

Tuesday, her family plans to fly to the Bahamas to help search for her. They say she is known for her vibrant and loving personality and has been practicing yoga for 15 years.

JUN 25, 2024
“Ms. Casey’s disappearance was discovered on June 20 when she failed to attend morning classes,” the release said.

“The last time she was seen at the retreat was late on the evening of June 19th.”

The Ashram is asking anyone with information on Ms. Casey to contact the Royal Bahamas Police Force. In the interim, the group says it is collaborating with authorities in their investigations.

“We pinged Taylor's phone, [it was] sitting in the water in the Atlantic ocean, and they haven't found that yet,” said Seymore.

The fact that her phone pinged from the ocean tells me something may have happened in the water.

The State Dep’t Travel Advisory says:
Never swim alone, regardless of your age or level of swimming skills. Keep within your fitness and swimming capabilities. Be mindful of sharks when swimming and engaging in water activities, as there have been recent fatal and non-fatal incidents involving sharks. Be aware of weather and water conditions and heed local warnings.

“We pinged Taylor's phone, [it was] sitting in the water in the Atlantic ocean, and they haven't found that yet,” said Seymore.

The fact that her phone pinged from the ocean tells me something may have happened in the water.

The State Dep’t Travel Advisory says:
Never swim alone, regardless of your age or level of swimming skills. Keep within your fitness and swimming capabilities. Be mindful of sharks when swimming and engaging in water activities, as there have been recent fatal and non-fatal incidents involving sharks. Be aware of weather and water conditions and heed local warnings.

But she would hardly swim with her phone, seems like it was thrown in the ocean

The organizers of the retreat asked Bahamian police to investigate, according to a statement from the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat obtained by CNN on Tuesday.

The retreat learned of Casey's disappearance Thursday when she failed to attend morning classes, according to the statement. She was last seen late on the evening of June 19 and the "organization has also advised the US Embassy as well as Taylor Casey's family," the statement said.

But she would hardly swim with her phone, seems like it was thrown in the ocean
It's possible that she could have fallen in, either while hiking or trying to take a photo, etc. I also frequently walk into the ocean with my phone in my hand to take video, not intending to swim. Perhaps she was doing the same and was knocked down by a wave.

It's possible that she could have fallen in, either while hiking or trying to take a photo, etc. I also frequently walk into the ocean with my phone in my hand to take video, not intending to swim. Perhaps she was doing the same and was knocked down by a wave.
I'd like to hear from the fellow retreat members and yoga staff. Did Taylor socialize with others, go on group outings? Was she a loner who preferred quiet time to herself on the beach? Did she befriend anyone specifically or flirt with anyone? I want to know more about her time before the disappearance.

I'm thinking a 41yo woman from Chicago is smart about her actions and aware of the people around her, but maybe lets her guard down while on retreat?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back