Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They have been saying she was last seen late in the evening. So now we know that means 11pm.

From the article:

A witness at the retreat reported hearing Casey leave around 11 p.m. on the night she was believed to have gone missing. Investigators also noted the possibility of a nearby house party at the time.

“Knowing her and her telling me how intense this program was, I thought maybe since it was Juneteenth, she was probably going out for a little bit and went out to this party,” Savano says. ...
But the schedule says lights out at 10pm…someone was peeking.

Investigators are focusing on everything but the retreat. Magically, we now have reports of a house party… Isn’t the whole point that there are no houses?

But the schedule says lights out at 10pm…someone was peeking.

Investigators are focusing on everything but the retreat. Magically, we now have reports of a house party… Isn’t the whole point that there are no houses?
Well, the ashram did share that the areas surrounding the retreat are private property. As to whether there are houses or not, I couldn't say. MOO

Well, the ashram did share that the areas surrounding the retreat are private property. As to whether there are houses or not, I couldn't say. MOO
I thought the whole point was no interlopers on that end of the island except an occasional wanderer from the towering resort? And there’s no boat unless the retreat arranges it?

I thought the whole point was no interlopers on that end of the island except an occasional wanderer from the towering resort? And there’s no boat unless the retreat arranges it?
There are the Beach House Villas and a number of other structures to the left of the Ashram. Are they houses? I honestly don't know. MOO

IMO most of them are homes or rentals, with a few exceptions such as a quonset hut on the harbor side.

Why is the information regarding Taylor being seen at 11pm and a possible nearby party only coming to light now AFAIK? Was she seen wearing clothing for bed? Shoes? Did she have a bag or purse with her?

I'd like to think that if a party occured nearby just before she went missing that law enforcement would be all over that and the attendees, but I fear not, at least in a timely manner. If for no other reason than to put pressure on attendees to see if anyone saw her, or cracks under pressure. If her best friend thinks it's feasible that she may have attended, then it's quite possible she did. Perhaps she was invited/lured by someone she met earlier? The fact that the ashram required silence (and I'm guessing bed time) from 10pm, and she was last seen at 11pm suggests to me she may have attended. If I were to sneak out, I'd probably wait an hour until everyone was asleep to do it. MOO only of course.
Someone mentioned in one of the articles that she might have attended a party, with it being Juneteenth. Would that island and its occupants celebrate Juneteenth?

There are the Beach House Villas and a number of other structures to the left of the Ashram. Are they houses? I honestly don't know. MOO

According to that map, there appear to be many structures, and about 10 docks along the shorefront near the ashram. That does not sound secluded to me. It appears that it's the off season in the Bahamas, due to it being cyclone season, so perhaps some of the structures are empty at the moment? However, it's clearly not a secluded retreat, especially with that skyscraper that is the Atlantis a short distance away.

Someone mentioned in one of the articles that she might have attended a party, with it being Juneteenth. Would that island and its occupants celebrate Juneteenth?
This Aussie has never heard of Juneteenth and had to google it. Being that Paradise Island seems to be mainly a tourist location, any night could be party night, so I don't think Juneteenth has all that much relevance. However, most tourists to the area seem to be from the USA and Canada, so perhaps there was a celebration? I'd have to know a lot more about the celebration and how widespread it is to comment further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back