Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personal opinion....This whole case makes me livid, from the exclusiveness of western yoga, to the comfortable living you have to have to be a practitioner, to the absurd prices some of these retreats are charging in developing countries with very low overhead, to exploiting folks with free labor ("volunteers", as at this Bahamian retreat), to the reality of accommodations that are far different than advertised, to institutionalized discomfort at this retreat, exploitation in every dimension.... and how uncomfortable this must be for someone in an outlier demographic, when really it shouldn't be, because yoga is supposed to be a kind of universal happiness, feel good, and welcoming place. I've never found it so, but that's how it's marketed and imaged in the western world. And I find it to be cult-like: gives me the willies.
Because this has been my experience, I feel terror on behalf of Taylor, and what she must have gone through.

Thursday's press conference, scheduled for 8:30 a.m., comes days after the Royal Bahamas Police Force provided an update on their investigation.

"They came up negative with additional information," Fernander said, adding that officers, canines and marines were continuing to search the area.

Fernander noted that the force was also investigating another missing persons case involving Devon Issacs, a local 17-year-old boy who disappeared more than seven weeks ago.

"That is a concern for us," Fernander said. "No kind of indication, no calls came in that they had any sighting of him."

Both investigations come as Michael Johnson, Chief Supt. of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, on July 5 was placed on "garden leave" following recent social media circulation of "voice notes" involving Johnson.

"The Royal Bahamas police force has a proud history of service," Fernander said during the update. "Unfortunately, there may be instances where individuals fall short of our standards of integrity. This is painful, especially if found within senior ranks, nobody, and I repeat, nobody is above the law."

It is troubling to read about the other missing person case Devon Issacs only 17...tho not much is revealed (big surprise right) it is interesting they have questioned 3 males...

IMO a threat could come just as easily (perhaps more easily) from within the retreat, than some random connection on the beach. There was so much opportunity to be watched, scrutinized, and become the target of ill will on an extended basis.

After reading online reviews, I don’t think the retreat is at all a benign community. The problems that are being complained about reflect the internal feel of the place. And then, I look at that snippet of video ^^^ , and it very much confirms. My hair rises on my neck.
I couldn't find the video in question, can you repost a link please?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back