CA Bailey Cameron, 23, Camp Pendleton Marine, last seen outside bar, San Diego, 25 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the larger photo you can see he bought a Smart Water, some kind of drink (looks like a Nesquik or Muscle Milk type of protein drink?) and I can't figure out what the small thing is. It looks pill-bottle sized but has writing on the top so not a standard childproof lid - maybe gum or a caffeine shot or something? or even a can with a blue pull tab like sugar free red bull?

edit - the more I look at the photo the more convinced I am it's sugar free red bull. Why would he be buying 3 full-size drinks?
Speaking from personal experience, that’s how you get all your food groups in when you’re neurodivergent.

For a lot of people, leaving the military is extremely stressful. The structure and reliability can be very comforting, and men sometimes feel very adrift without that to count on.

At this point it seems he's voluntarily gone missing. I wonder what that is in his hand, in the store? Did he buy those things?
I’m thinking maybe he’s had a mental health crisis related to the stress of leaving active duty.

My hope is that maybe he has sought out mental health help somewhere. Do they have any MH crisis centers in the area?

I see them pretty often, and in the pic it is hard to see it well, but the size and shape don’t look quite right for an Apple watch to me. It might be one of the other brands of smart watch (Garmin, etc), or he *could* have an aftermarket case on an Apple Watch - but in my experience cases aren’t very commonly used on them, so probably less likely.

JMO after much squinting
It’s a smart watch of some kind, for sure. If he has an iPhone then it’s likely an Apple Watch. There are others that pair with android devices.

If the phone and the watch are near each other, data is transmitted via Bluetooth.

Some watches can actually have an active phone number attached. Data could be available if both phone and watch back up to the same Apple ID in the cloud, but I’m not sure how it works with Androids.

I’m sure phone and watch data are one of the first things investigators checked, but I know it can take time to access the accounts. Hopefully it will reveal some data.

My Apple Watch only has battery life for about 24 hours, so the watch may be dead anyway.

This case is confusing me.

Firstly, I really hope he’s okay and his family are in my thoughts.

If he wanted to start a new life he would’ve moved out of area surely or done more to disguise himself - I’m thinking more of a mental health breakdown.

I hope he manages to get help - I just hope this has a happy ending

SEP 3, 2024
“He had returned from a night out and was coming back to the barracks. He was in a class getting ready to exit the Marines on September 9th,” said Sharie Finn, who runs a nonprofit called the RAD Movement to help families like Cameron’s.

Through Finn’s assistance, the family learned Cameron had been spotted on base since going missing, but he lost contact with his command post and friends and hasn’t returned to his barracks.

“The behavior is so foreign. It’s foreign to how we knew him before he was a Marine, and it’s foreign to all the Marines here. It’s not Bailey,” Cameron’s father Kevin said.

This case is confusing me.

Firstly, I really hope he’s okay and his family are in my thoughts.

If he wanted to start a new life he would’ve moved out of area surely or done more to disguise himself - I’m thinking more of a mental health breakdown.

I hope he manages to get help - I just hope this has a happy ending
I agree.

I notice that his physique looks pretty different in the missing photos as compared to the recent surveillance photos and video. There are tons of reasons why someone might change in that way - and this is meant with empathy, not criticism - but mental health struggles do sometimes impact behaviors in ways that can significantly change body composition over a relatively short period of time. It happened to me too, after a tough life change/mental health period a few years back. Could be situational for him, could be physiological, could be nothing at all, but it seemed relevant to mention that since mental health is being discussed as a possible factor.

I hope he gets the help he needs, whatever that is.

The mother of Bailey Cameron, a 23-year-old Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, California, who was reported missing on August 25, said her son was spotted nearly a week later in apparent distress.

Since his disappearance, there have been unconfirmed sightings of him around the base. According to Cameron's family, a Marine saw him on Saturday, August 31, at approximately 11:30 p.m. as he was running toward the ocean in apparent distress, as reported by Fox 5/KUSI.

"The gentleman we talked to said Bailey looked so afraid, so distressed. I just need to know that he's OK," Cameron's mother, Juliette England, told the local news media. "We just want to get him across the finish line," his family said.
This is not normal behavior for Bailey," his father said. "Anybody that knows him says this is not normal. He's scared for some reason, and we just need him back." He also called for people on social media to please refrain from misdirecting searches for their son.

so scary for them

SEP 3, 2024
“He had returned from a night out and was coming back to the barracks. He was in a class getting ready to exit the Marines on September 9th,” said Sharie Finn, who runs a nonprofit called the RAD Movement to help families like Cameron’s.

Through Finn’s assistance, the family learned Cameron had been spotted on base since going missing, but he lost contact with his command post and friends and hasn’t returned to his barracks.

“The behavior is so foreign. It’s foreign to how we knew him before he was a Marine, and it’s foreign to all the Marines here. It’s not Bailey,” Cameron’s father Kevin said.
"Officials at Camp Pendleton have not confirmed any speculative sightings of Cameron on the installation, but local commands remain dedicated to finding him.

The family claims a Marine spotted Cameron on Saturday the 31st around 11:30 p.m. and reported active signs of distress before running away toward the ocean."

So the sighting is unconfirmed by officials, but military officials are always tight-lipped. Could Bailey have been on base without there being some record of it? Is it possible from a size/security standpoint that he was hiding on base for an extended period of time?

There are no lakes or rivers nearby but it is just two short blocks to the Pacific Ocean. Let's hope he didn't go for a late night swim.
I think your concerns about late night ocean swims are a definite possibility.

Though San Diego County's fortunes may have declined since the glory days, Carlsbad has always had a reputation for, calm, responsible fun- with a tilt towards an upper income customer base.

There are a few venues with a mixed income customer base. But... the closer one gets to the water, the more expensive the restaurants tend to get- and the baseline in the rest of Carlsbad is already pretty high.

In the end, getting into trouble in Carlsbad, CA (Carlsbad NM, focal point of the oil industry maybe a different story) via encounters with dangerous humans can be hard. Dangerous water, however, maybe a different story.

Last edited:
SEP 3, 2024
Cameron was last seen on base by a fellow Marine Saturday night, but when he realized military police were on the way, he fled on foot.

“I spoke to that Marine directly, and he did share with me that Bailey appeared to be in distress. He was clearly in distress,” said Sharie Finn, founder of the RAD Movement... “Where he fled to was still on the base, so they brought out the thermals and brought out the dogs for about two hours and could not locate him and that’s when it stopped.”

[...]

“...he does not have his eyeglasses right now, and he cannot see very well without his glasses,” said Finn.

[...]

“When he interacted with that individual the other night, his fellow Marine, he indicated he asked him at that time, ‘Where have you been?’ He said, ‘I’ve been on base,’” said Finn.

His ATM card has been used on base as recently as a couple days ago. ...

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back