GUILTY Bali - Aussie Schapelle Corby, 27, convicted of drug smuggling, 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll try to find the link that her book received over $250,000 and it was placed into someone else's account. I'm sure the proceeds were filtered to her. Similar to what will happen in the next chapter....

Schapelle Corby cannot make money by selling her story, lawyer confirms.
Media outlets can pay for criminals' stories, Mr Juebner said.
"They'll just be careful to ensure that the paperwork which they create for that records the benefit not going to the person who's alleged to have committed the offence," he said.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ll-schapelle-story-lawyer#eGY95GYZRzUo97ev.99

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ll-schapelle-story-lawyer#eGY95GYZRzUo97ev.99

Cal me cynical.

Where's this money coming from?

She has Max Markson celebrity manager to the stars who would certainly know ALL the loopholes, not to mention a team of lawyers and the celebrity body guard.

Wheres that that money coming from?

Cal me cynical.

Where's this money coming from?

She has Max Markson celebrity manager to the stars who would certainly know ALL the loopholes, not to mention a team of lawyers and the celebrity body guard.

Wheres that that money coming from?
Maybe her fathers estate? I don't think Mercedes will be short of a quid either, didnt she open a bar on the GC? If Schaps got money from her books it would have been held in trust for her release so would have been drawing a pretty penny in interest perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The channel 7 reporter said he interviewed Renae Lawrence of the Bali 9 who befriended Schapelle whilst in prison together and Renae confirmed that Schapelle admitted to her that she did it intentionally.
[h=1][/h]

Sorry TGY, not trying to appear a smart arse but why intentionally?

I vote for no proceeds of crime.
I'm over these bogans already.

AFTER battling for so long to free her convicted drug smuggler sister Schapelle, Mercedes Corby will fly back home to Australia and into another fight: against her former best friend Trudy Todd.
1st June.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/b0173374875bea00bf961102e99ac395

I too vote for nil proceeds of crime. Tell me if you knew you were innocent of a crime, albeit media etc, etc would you consider financial reimbursement?

Awww don't be sorry emirates, if anyone else saw channel 7 reporter saying Renae Lawrence said Schapelle admitted & knew the stash was there. So I guess he insinuated it was intentional or knowledgeable of the fact it was there.

I too vote for nil proceeds of crime. Tell me if you knew you were innocent of a crime, albeit media etc, etc would you consider financial reimbursement?

Thinking, that's a bloody good question emirates. :thinking:
I guess if I was innocent I'd be pissed and I'd want someone's guts for garters & I'd really want to clear my name, somehow.
Over all these years IF people were in my ear telling me there's big $$$ and everything will be handled. :thinking:
Theres enough people out there who think she's innocent so the wheels will turn.

What would you do?

To see the faces of the forty (40) media staff on the Virgin flight when they were locked on board and then realised that they had been conned would have been priceless:floorlaugh:

Truly a bunch of overpaid, under-performing fools to have been taken in by such a simple ruse...They would have been banging on the flight deck door "Quick, follow that plane that left 10 minutes ago." :floorlaugh:

Nothing gives me more pleasure than the fact that they outsmarted the media, especially the forty (40) who thought they were on Schapelle's flight...
Absolute Classic...:shame::silly: ...

I vote for no proceeds of crime.
I'm over these bogans already.

AFTER battling for so long to free her convicted drug smuggler sister Schapelle, Mercedes Corby will fly back home to Australia and into another fight: against her former best friend Trudy Todd.
1st June.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/b0173374875bea00bf961102e99ac395

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...ghs-in/ar-BBBBf21?li=AAgfIYZ&ocid=mailsignout

Why would you smuggle drugs into a country where drugs are rife to start with? Some say it was for Mercedes birthday party but 4kg is a lot. Why would she admit to someone that you did it while always protesting your innocence? Why would you trust someone in a worse predicament than yourself, who could sell you out for tgeir own gain? Nothing makes sense.
Regardless of whether she did it or not she has done her time and should be left in peace to get on with the rest of her life.

In 2006, Corby co-wrote My Story, an account of her life in Kerobokan Prison published by Pan Macmillian.
Her family pocketed $270,000 but the Commonwealth recovered about $128,000 in proceeds in 2009.
“This order related to benefits derived by Ms Corby from the publication of her biography My Story by Pan Macmillan, and from an article published in the New Idea magazine,” the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions said in a statement.

Why would you smuggle drugs into a country where drugs are rife to start with? Some say it was for Mercedes birthday party but 4kg is a lot. Why would she admit to someone that you did it while always protesting your innocence? Why would you trust someone in a worse predicament than yourself, who could sell you out for tgeir own gain? Nothing makes sense.
Regardless of whether she did it or not she has done her time and should be left in peace to get on with the rest of her life.

Yep agree, she should be left alone. From what I have read it's hard to grow grass in Denpasar. Cocaine from Columbia is the big ticket item in Bail again from what I have read. There was a guy in Kerobokan at the same time that smuggled Columbian cocaine via the frame of his hang glider. Kathryn Bonella wrote an excellent book "Hotel Kerobokan" one prisoner in there decided he wanted to take up carpentry for the mere fact he could mask the noise from the pill popping machine he had operating.

Yep agree, she should be left alone. From what I have read it's hard to grow grass in Denpasar. Cocaine from Columbia is the big ticket item in Bail again from what I have read. There was a guy in Kerobokan at the same time that smuggled Columbian cocaine via the frame of his hang glider. Kathryn Bonella wrote an excellent book "Hotel Kerobokan" one prisoner in there decided he wanted to take up carpentry for the mere fact he could mask the noise from the pill popping machine he had operating.
A great read it is...interesting to read that criminals including murderers can come and go at their leisure. Quite scary really!

Thinking, that's a bloody good question emirates. :thinking:
I guess if I was innocent I'd be pissed and I'd want someone's guts for garters & I'd really want to clear my name, somehow.
Over all these years IF people were in my ear telling me there's big $$$ and everything will be handled. :thinking:
Theres enough people out there who think she's innocent so the wheels will turn.

What would you do?

Geez I don't believe in profiting from crime. However if I knew I was not guilty and suffered umpteen years in a rat infested hell hole, together with let's say new technology that proved my non guilt - I would definitely want some payola.

Geez I don't believe in profiting from crime. However if I knew I was not guilty and suffered umpteen years in a rat infested hell hole, together with let's say new technology that proved my non guilt - I would definitely want some payola.

I'm another one who believes she's innocent. Schapelle's been to hell and back, she should take the money and live a peaceful life. The media moguls paid their mortgages from her 'story', they should be grateful.
The rest of the family, meh.

I'm another one who believes she's innocent. Schapelle's been to hell and back, she should take the money and live a peaceful life. The media moguls paid their mortgages from her 'story', they should be grateful.
The rest of the family, meh.

Yeah? Shapelle, the only one who has been found guilty is an angel, but the rest of the family are rats?

I'm on the fence about guilt or innocence but I really believe she's done her time and done it hard no doubt and should be left alone before she cracks fully. I also can't help but think if you don't have loads of money around and a family member is in a third world jail I think it might do anything for money to ensure they have what they need at least. They certainly come across tacky but whatever you have do I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah? Shapelle, the only one who has been found guilty is an angel, but the rest of the family are rats?
Where did I say that? I can take them or leave them, prefer to leave them.

Edit: At Schapelle's sentencing, they did more harm than good.

In 2006, Corby co-wrote My Story, an account of her life in Kerobokan Prison published by Pan Macmillian.
Her family pocketed $270,000 but the Commonwealth recovered about $128,000 in proceeds in 2009.
“This order related to benefits derived by Ms Corby from the publication of her biography My Story by Pan Macmillan, and from an article published in the New Idea magazine,” the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions said in a statement.

Agree excellent read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back