Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:goodpost: Chefmom

but, re bold above - I believe you meant the Prosecutors office didn't go on GMA?

:wave:

Lol! Yes, I did! The Prosecutors, not the defense. The defense had their mugs in front of every camera that would let them.

Lol! Yes, I did! The Prosecutors, not the defense. The defense had their mugs in front of every camera that would let them.
It used to drive me nuts whenever Baez was in the middle of a press conference (that he called himself) and he would start whining about how the Prosecution was trying the case in the media and they were responsible for all the 'leaks' in the case. Certain reporters would publish stories about motions Baez and Co. had filed, but they didn't have any stamps from the Court on them. Gee, I wonder how those 'certain' reporters got a hold of them before the Court had a chance to file them on the docket? :banghead:

images

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmWhzFLgyM"]Casey Anthony angry wants to kill Jose Baez on June 24th - YouTube[/ame]

It used to drive me nuts whenever Baez was in the middle of a press conference (that he called himself) and he would start whining about how the Prosecution was trying the case in the media and they were responsible for all the 'leaks' in the case. Certain reporters would publish stories about motions Baez and Co. had filed, but they didn't have any stamps from the Court on them. Gee, I wonder how those 'certain' reporters got a hold of them before the Court had a chance to file them on the docket? :banghead:

Exactly!!! This case became a media circus because JB et al made it so. Between the defense team and the parents, there were more media appearances than I can recall in any other case, including OJ.

CASEY ANTHONY DEPO by ZENAIDA ATTORNEY CANCELLED

1/21/2014
Notice of Cancellation of Deposition of Casey Marie Anthony.
Filed by R Scott Shuker on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez.
(Shuker, R) (Entered: 01/21/2014)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIVHF3d0szVVJQa28/edit?usp=sharing

NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF DEPOSITION
filed by Zenaida’s attorney R. Scott Shuker
Filed January 21, 2014
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Deposition of CASEY MARIE ANTHONY scheduled Thursday, January 23, 2014, at 1:30pm, at the offices of J. CHENEY MASON, Esq, 250 Park Avenue South, Suite 200, Winter Park, Florida 32789. is hereby CANCELLED.

--------------------------------------

I don't know why the depo was cancelled, but Zenaida's attorney had to file the Notice of the cancellation, because Zenaida's attorney, Scott Shuker, was doing the depo.

I hope it was cancelled because it was NOT FAIR for Cheney Mason to only sit in on the depo and disrupt it, but then not be her attorney in any of the other Zenaida case events, or in the overall bankruptcy case.
I hope the judge said NO to Cheney Mason.

The depo was scheduled to be done at CHENEY MASON's offices -- so, it has something to do with Cheney Mason being involved, that it got cancelled.
The location had NOT been previously released to the public -- only the date and time.
The location was NOT known to be at Mason's offices, until the Notice of Cancellation was filed.

--------------------------------

I have learned the "Cancellation" of the Casey Anthony Depo, by Zenaida's attorney Scott Shuker -- is actually a "RESCHEDULE" under a separate Notice.

CASEY ANTHONY DEPO by ZENAIDA ATTORNEY CANCELLED

1/21/2014
Notice of Cancellation of Deposition of Casey Marie Anthony.
Filed by R Scott Shuker on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez.
(Shuker, R) (Entered: 01/21/2014)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIVHF3d0szVVJQa28/edit?usp=sharing

NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF DEPOSITION
filed by Zenaida’s attorney R. Scott Shuker
Filed January 21, 2014
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Deposition of CASEY MARIE ANTHONY scheduled Thursday, January 23, 2014, at 1:30pm, at the offices of J. CHENEY MASON, Esq, 250 Park Avenue South, Suite 200, Winter Park, Florida 32789. is hereby CANCELLED.

Wonder what's up with that? Maybe rescheduling to set up at a private, undisclosed location?

Wonder what's up with that? Maybe rescheduling to set up at a private, undisclosed location?

Could be ....

Or, I hope it was cancelled because it was NOT FAIR for Cheney Mason to only sit in on the depo and disrupt it, but then not be her attorney in any of the other Zenaida case events, or in the overall bankruptcy case.
I hope the judge said NO to Cheney Mason being at the depo.

The depo was scheduled to be done at CHENEY MASON's offices -- so, it has something to do with Cheney Mason being involved, that it got cancelled.
The location had NOT been previously released to the public -- only the date and time.
The location was NOT known to be at Mason's offices, until the Notice of Cancellation was filed.

---------------------------------------

I have learned the "Cancellation" of the Casey Anthony Depo, by Zenaida's attorney Scott Shuker -- is actually a "RESCHEDULE" under a separate Notice.

Maybe she ( the Bankrupt) has discovered another pile of money from 'friends' with which to pay off Zenaida and she is willing to settle ..
Anything would be preferable to being forced to answer questions about the murder of her child..

Could be ....

Or, I hope it was cancelled because it was NOT FAIR for Cheney Mason to only sit in on the depo and disrupt it, but then not be her attorney in any of the other Zenaida case events, or in the overall bankruptcy case.
I hope the judge said NO to Cheney Mason being at the depo.

Ah! Good thinking! That is definitely a possibility. I certainly hope it is going to be rescheduled. It speaks volumes, IMO, that CM is wanting to sit in on her depo. He was her criminal defense attorney and his job is done. Or is it? Let's think this through. Why would the attorney who successfully achieved an acquittal in a highly publicized, emotionally charged murder case feel the need to sit in on a depo for a civil suit? He no longer acts as her council on these matters, but really wants to sit by her side for the depo. Does he feel that her civil attorney is inadequate? Is he so close to KC that he wants to be there for moral support? Or is it that he wants to sit next to her during the depo, one arm across her shoulders and the other firmly gripping her thigh under the table so that when the questions inevitably follow the path of her guilt, he can give her a rough squeeze, keeping her in check, while he leans in and whispers something in her ear. Something like "You can't recall." or "Don't you frigging lose it." I, too, hope that the judge decides not to allow him to control and disrupt these proceedings. She has enough council. If she feels they are no longer good enough, she can let them go and CM can take full control of the BK proceedings if he so desires. Pro bono, of course. Moo.

An attorney from Zenaida's attorney, Scott Shuker, Law Firm of "Latham, Shuker, Eden & Beaudine" has filed a Notice of Appearance, so he can help Mr. Shuker fight for Zenaida - Attorney John B. Dorris.

Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice as Additional Counsel Filed by John B Dorris on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez.
(Entered: 01/22/2014)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRAkTopSTG1UdjJwXzNkekE/edit?usp=sharing

Maybe the depo was postponed to hear the Judge's response to CM's request or was it to get the new attorney officially on board? Hopefully it will be rescheduled no later than next week.

And maybe this new attorney JD is going to square off against CM while Scott drills FCA?

Oh, to be a fly on that wall or at least have a hidden recording device in there that transmits directly to WS's website by way of "Dragon," accompanied by the actual voices! I want to hear her squeaky voice as she tries to get out of answering any hard questions!

So, at this point in time, we don't know if CM is allowed to sit in on the proceedings or not? It doesn't seem right that it should be allowed. If they do let him get involved, then we can only hope that it backfires ... meaning, that he will be looking out for his own best interests, telling her not to answer questions because it may incriminate HIM, and as a result, Zenaida wins the judgement because of refusal to answer questions. As I recall, I believe that not answering questions can be held against her in a civil trial.

Zenaida's attorney, R. Scott Shuker, replied by EMAIL, regarding the DEPO being cancelled, but will be RESCHEDULED.

R. Scott Shuker
"The 1:30 was cancelled but it is actually a reschedule but that is via a separate notice."

"This is a second email from Scott Shuker.
R. Scott Shuker (rshuker@lseblaw.com)
Just to be clear, it is rescheduled for a different date and time but the details are not public information."

If Casey Anthony pleads the 5th to a lot of questions, the Morgan & Morgan attorneys for Zenaida, have said in the past, that they will take the matter to the Judge with a Motion to COMPEL Casey Anthony to ANSWER their questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-plead-video-deposition-undisclosed-location/story?id=14690394

Casey Anthony Pleads the Fifth in Video Deposition from Undisclosed Location
Oct. 8, 2011

By CHRISTINA NG

excerpts:

"We didn't want to turn this into a 2-hour circus," Morgan told the Sentinel. "We asked enough questions and got her to invoke the Fifth enough times that we feel we got enough to take a motion to the judge to compel her to answer these questions.
Morgan said he planned to file a motion to compel Anthony to answer the questions,
the Sentinel reported.

"America is starved for justice, I believe," Morgan said. "At the end of the day, they don't believe she's been held accountable and they're looking for justice in whatever way, shape or form they can get it."

--------------------------------------------

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2013/9/12/casey_anthony_deposi.html

Casey Anthony deposition set for October, can't plead Fifth
By Caroline Rowland, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, September 12, 2013

excerpts:

This deposition will be the first time Anthony will be under oath, which means she cannot plead the fifth or remain silent as she has in past depositions.
“There is no option, when you are being deposed your attorney can make an objection but you have to talk, there’s no option to stay silent or plead the Fifth in this particular set of circumstances,” said Matt Morgan from Morgan and Morgan Law Firm.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/08/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE7971LZ20111008

Casey Anthony, donning sunglasses, stays mum in deposition
By Barbara Liston
ORLANDO, Fla Sat Oct 8, 2011

As expected, Anthony repeatedly invoked her Fifth Amendment right to avoid incriminating herself. Morgan said he plans to ask a judge to order Anthony to answer the questions.
"The real purpose of today was to ask the real serious questions. Did you make it up, why did you make it up, how did you hear about her," Morgan said.

-------------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/justice/florida-casey-anthony/

Casey Anthony takes Fifth 60 times in civil suit deposition
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 5:40 AM EDT, Wed November 2, 2011

excerpts:

Morgan told Greene he anticipates a hearing before a judge on a motion to compel Anthony to answer some of these questions. Greene said that taking it to a judge is "the best thing to do."

If Casey Anthony pleads the 5th to a lot of questions, the Morgan & Morgan attorneys for Zenaida, have said in the past, that they will take the matter to the Judge with a Motion to COMPEL Casey Anthony to ANSWER their questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-plead-video-deposition-undisclosed-location/story?id=14690394

Casey Anthony Pleads the Fifth in Video Deposition from Undisclosed Location
Oct. 8, 2011

By CHRISTINA NG

excerpts:

"We didn't want to turn this into a 2-hour circus," Morgan told the Sentinel. "We asked enough questions and got her to invoke the Fifth enough times that we feel we got enough to take a motion to the judge to compel her to answer these questions.
Morgan said he planned to file a motion to compel Anthony to answer the questions,
the Sentinel reported.

"America is starved for justice, I believe," Morgan said. "At the end of the day, they don't believe she's been held accountable and they're looking for justice in whatever way, shape or form they can get it."

--------------------------------------------

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2013/9/12/casey_anthony_deposi.html

Casey Anthony deposition set for October, can't plead Fifth
By Caroline Rowland, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, September 12, 2013

excerpts:

This deposition will be the first time Anthony will be under oath, which means she cannot plead the fifth or remain silent as she has in past depositions.
“There is no option, when you are being deposed your attorney can make an objection but you have to talk, there’s no option to stay silent or plead the Fifth in this particular set of circumstances,” said Matt Morgan from Morgan and Morgan Law Firm.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/08/us-crime-anthony-idUSTRE7971LZ20111008

Casey Anthony, donning sunglasses, stays mum in deposition
By Barbara Liston
ORLANDO, Fla Sat Oct 8, 2011

As expected, Anthony repeatedly invoked her Fifth Amendment right to avoid incriminating herself. Morgan said he plans to ask a judge to order Anthony to answer the questions.
"The real purpose of today was to ask the real serious questions. Did you make it up, why did you make it up, how did you hear about her," Morgan said.

-------------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/justice/florida-casey-anthony/

Casey Anthony takes Fifth 60 times in civil suit deposition
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 5:40 AM EDT, Wed November 2, 2011

excerpts:

Morgan told Greene he anticipates a hearing before a judge on a motion to compel Anthony to answer some of these questions. Greene said that taking it to a judge is "the best thing to do."

IMO, the absolute, only reason for her to not want to answer these questions now would be to protect a book deal, or a deal of some sort for her "story". And, let's face it. Anything that comes from the most well documented liar in history is just that. A story. Everyone knows that if her mouth is moving, it is a lie. So, why not just go in there and make up something for every question they ask her? We have all seen how well and easy she can lie on the fly. For KC, it is as easy as breathing. So why not just do that and get this over with and put it behind her so she can move on with her life? Because, once she answers these questions for ZG's and RK's attorney's, she has no story to sell. I can think of no other reason to keep dragging this out. If she doesn't want to talk to them, it is because it will devalue any "story" she can sell afterwards. Of course, that is just my 2 cents. :twocents:

Not only is Zenaida NOT giving up on her case against Casey Anthony -- now Zenaida's team has ADDED two more attorneys to help in the battle!
Keith Mitnick and John B. Dorris helping Zenaida, along with Scott Shuker.

Keith Mitnick of the Morgan & Morgan law firm has joined the bankruptcy case. Mitnick has fought the battle in State Court in the original filing of the Zenaida lawsuit.

Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice as Additional Counsel for Keith Mitnick, Esq., Morgan & Morgan. Filed by R Scott Shuker on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez. (Shuker, R) (Entered: 01/23/2014)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRAkTopSVjRTUE9uZXQ3bTQ/edit?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------

An attorney from Zenaida’s attorney, Scott Shuker, Law Firm of “Latham, Shuker, Eden & Beaudine” has filed a Notice of Appearance, so he can help Mr. Shuker fight for Zenaida – Attorney John B. Dorris.

Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice as Additional Counsel Filed by John B Dorris on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez.
(Entered: 01/22/2014)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRAkTopSTG1UdjJwXzNkekE/edit?pli=1

Follow-up EMAIL from Zenaida's attorney R. Scott Shuker, to a member of the public, regarding the DEPOSITION being RESCHEDULED.

"R. Scott Shuker
Just to be clear, it is rescheduled for a different date and time but the details are not public information
."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back