Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your assessment.

Does anyone know if Casey could withdraw her BK filing? If she can and does, that will say a lot!!! I hope she can't withdraw.

This is the best thing that has happened for little Caylee since the day she disappeared (except her little body being found.)

PS Just did a search and it is possible to withdraw.

JMO

How would she benefit from withdrawing? A civil suit from Zenaida, Tim Miller and Roy Kronk would immediately proceed. She'd have to do depos, and find some way to pay back her trial charges.

If she thinks she has trouble now - I think it would be much worse for her after she withdrew. IMO

How would she benefit from withdrawing? A civil suit from Zenaida, Tim Miller and Roy Kronk would immediately proceed. She'd have to do depos, and find some way to pay back her trial charges.

If she thinks she has trouble now - I think it would be much worse for her after she withdrew. IMO

I agree, but if she thought she had a big payday down the road, she just might. Also, she does not like anyone bettering anything she does. I wonder how many fisties were made when she heard the news that someone was buying her asset(s) ie her money making story!

I do think the trustee has to approve her withdrawing. I think I read that he also gets 10% of any money recovered. That's a quick $1,000.00 if the asset goes for $10,000.00!

JMO

How did CM miss this possibility when he decided to take her on as his project?

If there are assets that the trustee collects in the case and the trustee makes payments to creditors, the trustee also receives a commission on the money collected based on the amount disbursed to interested parties (generally professionals and creditors) by the trustee. The commission is paid from the money collected from the sale of nonexempt assets or the recoveries on lawsuits brought by the trustee. You do not make any extra payments to the court to cover the trustee’s commissions in a Chapter 7.
The amount the trustee is paid is based on a sliding scale as follows:
25% of the first $5,000 disbursed
10% of the next $45,000
5% of the next $950,000, and
3% of anything over $1,000,000.
The sliding scale is set as the maximum amount of the trustee’s compensation. In order to be paid, the trustee must file an application for compensation with the bankruptcy court.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-bankruptcy-trustee-paid.html

If there are assets that the trustee collects in the case and the trustee makes payments to creditors, the trustee also receives a commission on the money collected based on the amount disbursed to interested parties (generally professionals and creditors) by the trustee. The commission is paid from the money collected from the sale of nonexempt assets or the recoveries on lawsuits brought by the trustee. You do not make any extra payments to the court to cover the trustee’s commissions in a Chapter 7.
The amount the trustee is paid is based on a sliding scale as follows:
25% of the first $5,000 disbursed
10% of the next $45,000
5% of the next $950,000, and
3% of anything over $1,000,000.
The sliding scale is set as the maximum amount of the trustee’s compensation. In order to be paid, the trustee must file an application for compensation with the bankruptcy court.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-bankruptcy-trustee-paid.html

Seems to me it is in the Trustees best interest to find every nickel KC may have at her disposal, both now and in the near future. I sure wish a celebrity or someone else who had tons of money to throw around could step and in buy the rights and then just let hold on to them.

I agree. I don't think casey owes Baez $500,000. I think it was just added as padding to the amount that she owes in order to bolster her bankruptcy claim. I just wonder if casey's lawyers didn't anticipate this coming? If so, casey has to be pretty angry to potentially be losing the rights to her story. I think all along the plan was to have casey file for bankruptcy and then turn around and sell an interview/book deal for millions. I don't think the plan is going the way casey and her defense team planned it to.
I think the chapter 7 was in motion from Day One. not that she was ever fond of working anyway, but chapter 7 is for those with no income. (she gets death threats = she can't work)

she claims debt of $793,3341

she chose chapter 7 because she does not want to pay anything to anyone and she does not want to live on a court-ordered budget

chapter 7 (pay nothing, to anyone, ever)
for debt over $307,675
for debtors with no income
creditors receive no payment

chapter 11 (make payments and pay back most, or possibly all, of the debt)
for debt under $307,675
for debtors with income
creditors are paid in installments
debtor lives on budget determined by bankruptcy court

$793,341
-500,000 debt JB claims
______
$293,341 = she is under chapter 11 limit, and she does not qualify for chapter 7

maybe the IRS can be discharged using chapter 7 but, if so, I haven't found it. subtracting $68,000 IRS debt from $293,341 puts her debt at $225,341 and even further below chapter 11 ceiling of $307,675

chapter 11 protects significant assets
chapter 11 creates payment plan for IRS levies

there were numerous attorneys and experts listed as creditors but their claims were presented as "unknown" so they couldn't be added in, dollar-wise. it would have been smarter to list many individual amounts and a smaller amount for JB and have it all equal $500,000 or thereabouts. maybe they grossly underestimated the public interest and reaction. works for me!

I think the chapter 7 was in motion from Day One. not that she was ever fond of working anyway, but chapter 7 is for those with no income. (she gets death threats = she can't work)

she claims debt of $793,3341

she chose chapter 7 because she does not want to pay anything to anyone and she does not want to live on a court-ordered budget

chapter 7 (pay nothing, to anyone, ever)
for debt over $307,675
for debtors with no income
creditors receive no payment

chapter 11 (make payments and pay back most, or possibly all, of the debt)
for debt under $307,675
for debtors with income
creditors are paid in installments
debtor lives on budget determined by bankruptcy court

$793,341
-500,000 debt JB claims
______
$293,341 = she is under chapter 11 limit, and she does not qualify for chapter 7

maybe the IRS can be discharged using chapter 7 but, if so, I haven't found it. subtracting $68,000 IRS debt from $293,341 puts her debt at $225,341 and even further below chapter 11 ceiling of $307,675

chapter 11 protects significant assets
chapter 11 creates payment plan for IRS levies

there were numerous attorneys and experts listed as creditors but their claims were presented as "unknown" so they couldn't be added in, dollar-wise. it would have been smarter to list many individual amounts and a smaller amount for JB and have it all equal $500,000 or thereabouts. maybe they grossly underestimated the public interest and reaction. works for me!

Thankyou for that!
That explains why they claim Baez is owed $500K - we know she doesn't owe it but adding it on puts her debt over the limit for chapter 11....
These people make me SICK!

Wow! I missed this news yesterday..Blaiss just told me about it on twitter. Looks like she would have to sell her rights to a story! Could this then be frozen in case of a ZFG judgment?

Thankyou for that!
That explains why they claim Baez is owed $500K - we know he doesn't owe it but adding it on puts her debt over the limit for chapter 11....
These people make me SICK!

Since she stated that JB doesn't really expect to be paid I hope they take that off and make her file Chapter 11!

So, your friend is trying to support FCA?

It's called playing by the Anthony rules! The results justify the end! :great:

And I would donate to get THAT letter! :D

ETD!! And did, in hubby's name. :D

Someone has already placed a $10,000 bid. If anyone else bids, then it will be done by auction. As I understand the paperwork, bids have to be in $10,000 increments and a deposit of 100% of the bid must be submitted.

There is a 21 day limit from the date of the notice, 03/15/2013, for one to place a bid.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

JMO

So, if I place a 15,000 bid it would be mine? Within the allotted time of course?

Okay I have now calmed myself down a notch and reread the Trustee's motion.

And I see that he has applied to "the court" to have this motion accepted or passed or whatever they call it.

I wonder if there is any chance of it not passing? Ack!:what:

And I find it very weird that none of the Orlando media sites have picked up this news...huh?

I looked up John A Schober. He is an attorney in Austin, Tx. His practice is real estate, bankruptcy/debt and business law. He also has an inactive license in Ohio.

The Ohio connection concerns me. What is the name of fca's aunt in Texas?

Okay I have now calmed myself down a notch and reread the Trustee's motion.

And I see that he has applied to "the court" to have this motion accepted or passed or whatever they call it.

I wonder if there is any chance of it not passing? Ack!:what:

And I find it very weird that none of the Orlando media sites have picked up this news...huh?
I hope all her Pro Bono attys object and tie themselves up in court for eons disputing it.. meanwhile more information about the apparent fraudulent nature of her claim is pouring into the Trustee's office...
IMO

So, if I place a 15,000 bid it would be mine? Within the allotted time of course?

The way I read the document then the next bid must be 20,000. If more than one bid is received then an auction will be held.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member