Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM It also brings less attention to the matter, bringing less bidders, less competition.

I like that the bidder, Mr. Schober, is not out running his mouth to the media, BEFORE the bankruptcy judge makes a ruling on the Trustee's Motion to sell her property. It is a more dignified way to handle an official federal court proceeding.

Totally unlike the crew of attorneys supporting FCA who go on any media outlet that will have them and talk and talk and talk about the case. They might wish they hadn't been so verbose, in hindsight -- as in very public documentation of their statements.

BBM It also brings less attention to the matter, bringing less bidders, less competition.

There really is no need for any more bidders. If the Judge approves the motion, this one bid will stop CA from benefitting from her story. Other people can still write their version, just no one can write CA's version(s).

The only thing more bidders would accomplish is to put more money in the pot to be divided up among admin. costs and the debtors.

JMO

I like that the bidder, Mr. Schober, is not out running his mouth to the media, BEFORE the bankruptcy judge makes a ruling on the Trustee's Motion to sell her property. It is a more dignified way to handle an official federal court proceeding.

Totally unlike the crew of attorneys supporting FCA who go on any media outlet that will have them and talk and talk and talk about the case. They might wish they hadn't been so verbose, in hindsight -- as in very public documentation of their statements.

Yes, I'm amazed they're not whining about it somewhere!

Yes, I'm amazed they're not whining about it somewhere!

They can't really whine about this publicly at this stage. Now, once this mess is over and done with we will probably get an earful about how the mean trustee of the nasty Bankruptcy court either pulled the rug out from under poor little Casey, or tried to (depending on how the judge rules on the motion).

Yes, we will hear about the unfairness of it all, about how no other bankruptcy filer has ever been forced to sell their property to pay their debts, how this is an action being taken against Casey Anthony only, because the whole world is out to get her, yada yada yada...

Really, if they want to say anything publicly now, they would need a PR person to say something like "Ms. Anthony is cooperating with the court so that this situation can be handled in the best way possible for all involved" or some similar nonsense, no doubt the complete opposite of how they really feel. Whatever is said now will have to be said very carefully, because anything they say out loud at this point about how they really feel about this mean hateful trustee and/or his motion will be seen as a criticism of the trustee and/or the court. And I do not think the Anthony camp is currently in a position to risk being seen as critical. I think they are holding off on commenting until things are at a stage where they do not have to be so careful about what they say.

JMO.

And finally, God Bless Mr. Schober if he is in fact doing this for the right reasons.

FCA had a million dollar offer when she was released from jail in July 2011.
Listening to the producer and also to Baez on this WESH2 report, I believe that the meeting with FCA, Baez, and Al Taylor DID take place. WESH2 has the EMAILS between Baez and Al Taylor.
I think FCA lied to the bankruptcy court when she said she did not know about any offers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDSEjK7v1q8&feature=uploademail"]Casey Wants Check; Interviewer Wants Lie Detector - YouTube[/ame]

Casey Wants Check; Interviewer Wants Lie Detector

Published on Jul 21, 2011
WESH2 News
Since Casey Anthony was released from jail early Sunday morning, there have been numerous rumors of Casey sightings, but now a television producer who wants to offer her $1 million for an interview says he actually met with the woman.

rough transcript:

reporter Iexa Diaz -Freelance producer Al Taylor says an early morning phone call woke him up Tuesday morning. The voice on the other end told him to go to a certain hotel in the Palm Springs area in 15 minutes to meet Casey Anthony.

Al Taylor - they let me in the room and the first thing she comes over to me and she says "where's my check" ha ha ha ha and I'm like, it was kind of a surreal moment cuz here I am meeting Casey Anthony and the first thing, "hey, where's my check?".

reporter - Taylor says he told Casey if she agrees to an interview, she'll be given a $ 50,000 deposit first. The rest of the money would come after the interview with one condition.

Al Taylor - and I said but the problem is you may just give really lame answers, really short answers. she said "well I really can't talk about that and blah blah blah ..."
And I said there's a problem there and I'm not gonna be happy so a lie detector solves the problem because that way at the end of the interview, no matter what happens, we can hook you up and say "did you kill your daughter?".

reporter - but Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez says that meeting in California never happened. Taylor provided WESH2 news an email exchange his production company and the Baez Law Firm last week, but Baez has since backed away from the offer.

Baez - uh uh I was going to meet with the individual, uh, and to hear whatever offer he wanted to make and uh but that is not the case, in fact I am not meeting with him, I am now going to change my mind ...

reporter - if Casey does agree to talk, Taylor says he would sell the interview overseas for 2-3 million dollars. He says media outlets here in the U.S. may boycott the interview.

Al Taylor - I have a guy that is an expert on selling these things and he can sell it in Europe, Latin America, and even Africa.

reporter - Taylor says he has a Plan B if Casey rejects his offer, he says he's in touch with George and Cindy's attorney about having them sit down for an interview.

[NOTE: Trial over July 7, 2011 - Baez no longer represents Casey Anthony
January 11, 2012
02/21/2012 Notice of Withdrawal of Attorney of Record [Baez]
Motion filed today. Name crossed off the clerk's docket.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/C...36_712471_1953591312_n.jpg.html?src=pb_unauth

Attorney Spencer T. Kuvin for Private Elevator Productions, Inc. mailed a letter to Attorney Jeffrey R. Salbert for Mr. Nik Lamas-Richie and The Dirty.com, on January 13, 2012 telling them that he knows they are trying to negotiate a deal for an interview of Casey Anthony and to Cease and Desist their actions because Private Elevator Productions has a valid and binding agreement with Ms Anthony and her representatives for exclusive rights to her interview for $ 1,000,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/C...5_32819167_194699965_n.jpg.html?src=pb_unauth

Attorney Jeffrey R. Salberg for Mr. Nik Lamas-Richie - The Dirty.com, sent a letter to the Baez Law Firm on January 9, 2012, asking for a one-on-one interview with Casey Anthony, and would pay $ 350,000 for the interview.

ThinkTank, I remember when that info came out and I too believe that interview took place. It is possible a document was actually signed. I would think the contract, if any, would not be valid anymore, unless it does not specify a time frame under which the deed needed to be done. Baez would have been an idiot to sign anything open-ended (meaning no time frame specified in the contract) but it is no stretch to think he might have signed.

I think the problem with high priced offers is that anyone offering a substantial amount for Casey's story is going to want the condition that she cooperate. However, even if the story can be sold by the court, no one can force Casey to cooperate with the purchaser of her story rights. If a person wants or needs to lie, they will lie. No one can force the truth. So anyone wanting to bid on the story in hopes of actually getting the story will be SOL.

ThinkTank, I remember when that info came out and I too believe that interview took place. It is possible a document was actually signed. I would think the contract, if any, would not be valid anymore, unless it does not specify a time frame under which the deed needed to be done. Baez would have been an idiot to sign anything open-ended (meaning no time frame specified in the contract) but it is no stretch to think he might have signed.

I agree.
I find it interesting that FCA said in the Bankruptcy Meeting on March 4th that she did not know about ANY offer. I believe she was in that hotel meeting with Baez and Al Taylor.
She should have said she knew of an offer back in 2011, which may no longer be valid, but there was still an offer.

Yes, I remember this offer also - it was during the time Baez was really shopping around looking for the highest bidder to sell a story or interview with.

I can't fault Baez if he did have a meeting with this promotor - after all we know what drives Baez is his greed - but I recall "scoffing" at the promoter - and thinking - this guy is doing what promoters do - he' promoting himself in the news - another 15 minuter!

Let's get real - how valid is any offer of any amount to a confirmed and compulsive liar who committed a crime when the hook to the money is a lie detector test?

IMO this offer wasn't a valid real offer - it was just one more guy shooting off his mouth in front of a camera with a very safe offer of a million dollars. An offer isn't an offer if you know for sure it isn't going to be accepted. It's just a cheap shot and a pathetic attempt at getting some attention.

If this guy really had a signed contract for a valid offer FCA agreed to - this would be done and dusted and she'd have her check long ago.

I don't see this cheap shot making it to a Federal courtroom judge. :floorlaugh:

Yes, I remember this offer also - it was during the time Baez was really shopping around looking for the highest bidder to sell a story or interview with.

I can't fault Baez if he did have a meeting with this promotor - after all we know what drives Baez is his greed - but I recall "scoffing" at the promoter - and thinking - this guy is doing what promoters do - he' promoting himself in the news - another 15 minuter!

Let's get real - how valid is any offer of any amount to a confirmed and compulsive liar who committed a crime when the hook to the money is a lie detector test?

IMO this offer wasn't a valid real offer - it was just one more guy shooting off his mouth in front of a camera with a very safe offer of a million dollars. An offer isn't an offer if you know for sure it isn't going to be accepted. It's just a cheap shot and a pathetic attempt at getting some attention.

If this guy really had a signed contract for a valid offer FCA agreed to - this would be done and dusted and she'd have her check long ago.

I don't see this cheap shot making it to a Federal courtroom judge. :floorlaugh:

I agree even if the offer is still valid, the interview will never happen if a lie detector test is part of the deal. Casey wants the cash but like everything else, on her terms. And her terms do not include the truth. Never have, never will.

My thinking about the offer still being valid (or not) has to do with it looks like a $50,000 offer, which is higher than the only other known offer to date for her story. That $50,000 would pay creditors and leave nothing for Casey. I do think, however, that the contract would have had to have some kind of provision for when the interview had to happen, but even if it did not, seems it might be difficult to come forth at this late date after not having taken any action to enforce the contract since it was supposedly entered into in 2011.

But contract law can be complicated. So who knows.

I don't know if there was a valid offer from anyone, but I have my doubts that CA would have signed a contract for a $1,000,000. At that point I think she would have held out for a larger amount.

JMO

Can anyone tell me if KC listed the dog (Smooch) as one of her possessions?

Time change on Hearing April 9, 2013 re: Zenaida attorney Motion to take depo of Casey Anthony and Trustee Motion to sell property - time changed from 9:30 am -- to 2:00pm

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIUy1kN1pfVXhlUjA/edit?usp=sharing
Casey Anthony Bankruptcy April 9 2013 Hearing time rescheduled
April 9, 2013 time changed to 2:00PM

Casey Anthony Bankruptcy Zenaida atty Shuker Motion for Depo of Casey.pdf
March 12, 2013
MOTION OF ZENAIDA GONZALEZ FOR ORDER AN DIRECTING EXAMINATION OF CASEY MARIE ANTHONY PURSUANT TO BANKRUPTCY RULE 2004

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIR0NHaHU0Vi1GbGc/edit?pli=1

Casey Anthony Bankruptcy sell property
TRUSTEE'S MOTION SELL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE AND APPROVE AUCTION PROCEDURES

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpISzNubWZ2Wk8wUkU/edit?pli=1
NOTICE OF PRELIMINARY HEARING
April 9, 2013 at 9:30am
re: Motion by Zenaida attorney to take deposition of Casey Anthony

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpITHQyd2xmSkRrS2c/edit?pli=1
NOTICE OF PRELIMINARY HEARING
April 9, 2013 at 9:30am
Motion by Trustee to sell property

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIMHZWMWI2ZkNIaGs/edit?pli=1
Casey Anthony Bankruptcy Filing January 25, 2013 60 pages PDF

Thanks for getting all these documents and posting them together for us.

The motion submitted by Attorney Shuker for ZG to examine FCA shows they are on top of this BK filing. It points in law to the reasons for the need to question FCA as to what and how she is financed.
They even pointed out that FCA has failed to submit any amendments to her petition correcting misstated and overlooked items after promising to do so at the March 7th hearing. To be fair, this motion is dated March 12th but then again, we have not seen any amendments since then. I wonder what the turnaround time normally is?

As a side note, all the notices state that appropriate business attire and photo ID are required and no cell phones or laptops allowed which sounds like they mean business. I wonder if Shuker will ask about her driver's license supposedly used last time?

I forgot to add that in the hearing notices they state that the court will not allow any testimony or documents to be heard but will allow affidavits or evidence only if they are uncontested. Notice is also given that the court may make their decisions at the hearing.
I don't know if this is standard procedure or not?

I forgot to add that in the hearing notices they state that the court will not allow any testimony or documents to be heard but will allow affidavits or evidence only if they are uncontested. Notice is also given that the court may make their decisions at the hearing.
I don't know if this is standard procedure or not?

Thank you watcher9 for your question and could I also add my question - what does this all mean?

Is this the hearing where the trustee asks if he can receive and grant a bid on her future earnings? I find all these documents all a bit confusing as to the final outcome expected or intended.

I still wonder....WHO in their right mind would want to read anything Casey Anthony has to say?? She's a pathological liar. Who would want to be subjected to any more of her fabrications? (BTW, I do think she'd ace a lie detector test since lying is second nature to her.)

What would she title her book, anyway? "Me and The Truth...Absolute Strangers"...?

You would think Baez's lame book sale numbers would be an indicator of how interested John and Jane Q. Public actually are in FCA and/or her defense team or her family.

And when Casey Anthony made her last Big Public Appearance she got a flurry of local media attention....for one day. That was it. Yawn.

Thanks for getting all these documents and posting them together for us.

The motion submitted by Attorney Shuker for ZG to examine FCA shows they are on top of this BK filing. It points in law to the reasons for the need to question FCA as to what and how she is financed.
They even pointed out that FCA has failed to submit any amendments to her petition correcting misstated and overlooked items after promising to do so at the March 7th hearing. To be fair, this motion is dated March 12th but then again, we have not seen any amendments since then. I wonder what the turnaround time normally is?

As a side note, all the notices state that appropriate business attire and photo ID are required and no cell phones or laptops allowed which sounds like they mean business. I wonder if Shuker will ask about her driver's license supposedly used last time?

According to the DMV her license expired in March 2009 and has not been renewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member