BC...How much longer can he hold out

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll second that!

I think BC was successful at first for a few reasons. One is his "calming personality" that others have remarked on. I think that he never tried to "talk some sense" into the A's like Nejame probably did - instead he was sympathetic and reassuring. He is also good at making PR statements that express what the A's want him to say without making the A's look any worse to the public. Mostly because he has the ability to fluidly deliver statements that don't say much at all.

I also think the A's fully realize the potential PR/image value of BC in a wheelchair.

After the body was found BC was successful at keeping the A's quiet because CA was in a state of mind where she wanted to be consoled. I think they did "take some time off" to grieve more privately and quietly. So we saw little of them at that time. Then, BC got the depo's postponed so BC was golden in their minds.

However when depo time rolled around - it was back on! The A's went into that depo chomping and snorting like angry bulls. They were ready to charge at anything that was waved in front of them. I'm sure that BC DID explain how they should behave. But NO ONE can control them and for the most part BC's attempt's at control were pretty weak.

I think BC is in a tough position because he has to maintain the appearance to the A's of being TOTALLY on their side and of buying into their version of events. It must be very hard to do any real lawyering in that case. He can't do anything to damage the A's trust in him and that includes exerting stronger control over them at the depos. BC knows full well that CA runs this show and that he is really just along for the ride, doing damage control when/if he can.

I agree with others that BC knew what he was getting into with the A's. He is not "hanging in there". IMHO he is right where he wanted and expected to be.

Sorry for the long post!

I agree. At this point I do not believe there is ANYONE connected to this family that is not out for personal gain. (This does not include ZG and JM, they are the only ones staying honest) again MOO!

BC sold his soul before he ever met the A's. Nothing else would drive someone to jump on this hill-billy bandwagon.

MOO

:eek:

:shocked2: REALLY, did he really say NO LONGER TRY TO HINDER???

I'm floored. So out of the lawyers mouth he admits their attempts to hinder.

where's the fainting smiley icon????

I know! :eek:

I seriously don't understand why the police didn't immediately pick up the A's and question them about what they did to hinder the investigation. I mean their lawyer just admitted that they had been doing just that.

Regardless of what I feel about the A's - I really do not understand why they have not (as yet) been held accountable for their illegal actions.

If we want people to co-operate with the police then we have to go after them when they do not. Especially if, as in this case, it can be proven that they deliberately did things to hinder the police. I think that the lack of follow up on those who lie, hinder, and perjure themselves is one of the reasons that our system is getting out of control. I know it takes time and money to do the follow up - but it costs much much more not to.

Ok - mini-rant over. :)

I know! :eek:

I seriously don't understand why the police didn't immediately pick up the A's and question them about what they did to hinder the investigation. I mean their lawyer just admitted that they had been doing just that.

Regardless of what I feel about the A's - I really do not understand why they have not (as yet) been held accountable for their illegal actions.
If we want people to co-operate with the police then we have to go after them when they do not. Especially if, as in this case, it can be proven that they deliberately did things to hinder the police. I think that the lack of follow up on those who lie, hinder, and perjure themselves is one of the reasons that our system is getting out of control. I know it takes time and money to do the follow up - but it costs much much more not to.

Ok - mini-rant over. :)

Another poster (my apologies for not remembering who it was) said this about my bolding of your statement!!!

The only reason Law Enforcement is not charging them is so that they cannot plead the 5th under self incrimination while having to testify in KC's trial. It is for that reason only that they are not charged but most likely charges will come immediately after trial.

Makes perfect sense to me... & TY to whomever it was that told me the reason.

Another poster (my apologies for not remembering who it was) said this about my bolding of your statement!!!

The only reason Law Enforcement is not charging them is so that they cannot plead the 5th under self incrimination while having to testify in KC's trial. It is for that reason only that they are not charged but most likely charges will come immediately after trial.

Makes perfect sense to me... & TY to whomever it was that told me the reason.

That does make sense.

Personally, I don't see him as a victim. He can stand up for himself and withrdaw himself at a moments notice :)

Best,

I agree with you. Conway can walk any time he wants to. His feet aren't stuck in concrete. I think he likes the role he is playing. He has seen George and Cindy at their worst and probably their best. I don't know what he thinks but he is hanging in there. Doesn't he have a practice to take care of? He says he isn't getting paid so what is he living on? Does he have a family? I don't see how these attorneys who aren't a part of a large law firm can work these long cases. Is he going to hang in there for the next year while waiting for the trial and then through the trial? I can't quite figure out what good having an attorney does them though. They say what they want to say regardless.

BC seemed utterly clueless as to correct procedures and the LAW when he sat in on the depos last week. Even JM expressed disbelief at some of the things BC was doing/not doing during the depo. He doesn't strike me as a very competent attorney, and he probably sees the A's as a quick route to fame and fortune. Yeah, good luck with that.

Brad is a criminal attorney. Civil depos are a bit different than criminal depos. Perhaps he was not as experienced in civil depos as the criminal ones. That was my opinion of the matter...

I hope he's being paid very well for representing these "folks".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back