Bear Kills 11 Year Old Boy in Utah

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's fine for you and others.
I and some others happen to not agree with the decision to have killed the bear. Just because someone else thinks it's right doesn't mean I do.

Yes, I accept that absolutely. I was just talking about my perspective. I surely understand your perspective on the bear being killed - I'm not ever happy when a decision is made to kills a bear.

I don't necessarily understand your perspective on humans staying out of nasture's way, but I can respect that as well. :)

Yes, because based on what we know, chances are great that he will kill again. It's like letting a serial killer walk free.

Don't forget that the the bear was there FIRST not us. Also WE are invading THIER territory not the the other way around.

It's similar to a show they had on Animal Planet or National Geographic channel about Hippo attacks and how a Hippo attacked a group of boaters in Africa and killed 1 person and wounded others but they didn't kill the Hippo and even 1 of the injured boaters NEVER blamed the Hippo and said that is Hippo territory and we invaded their home so you cannot blame the Hippo.

The same way you cannot blame the bear.

Don't forget that the the bear was there FIRST not us. Also WE are invading THIER territory not the the other way around.

It's similar to a show they had on Animal Planet or National Geographic channel about Hippo attacks and how a Hippo attacked a group of boaters in Africa and killed 1 person and wounded others but they didn't kill the Hippo and even 1 of the injured boaters NEVER blamed the Hippo and said that is Hippo territory and we invaded their home so you cannot blame the Hippo.

--yeah I saw that show--I didn't realize that Hippos kill many more Africans than those killer crocs over there do---I agree, that like the Hippo, you can't blame the bear--I hate to see these magnificent animals killed just like I hate to see those beautiful mountain lions get killed also after an attack on humans--I'm not even happy when they kill these poor gators down here in Florida after an attack(Sometimes they're even killed if they're big and a "nuisance")---but if they lose their fear of humans and get to like the tase of human blood(like Dracula lol), human lives may continue to be at risk--so I think it must be done--That bear in Alaska was eating that poor girl's ribcage

I definitely don't blame the bear, but I do understand and agree with the decision to kill it once it has killed a human.

Speaking of wild animals, I didn't realize that Coyotes are now present in every county here in Florida--They are notorious for killing Cattle down here--And they are not just found on farms and rural areas--One was spotted in nearby Jupiter,which is on the coast--It was in somebody's backyard--They really seem to be thriving down here, a fact which is especially unnerving to cattle owners

Here's another bear attack/encounter--Ollala, Washington State, 75 miles NW of Tacoma--A 51 year old man was riding on his mountain bike when he turned a blind corner and was immediately met by a bear--The bear came forward and attacked--the man lifted his bike to protect himself but it did little good--The bear clawed his back neck ear and arms,then backed off--The man's dogs were there and helped drive off the bear--The man biked away until other bikers saw hm and dialed 911--He was transported to the hospital where he is in serious condition--The bear, if found, will be killed--glad this man survived but feel sorry for the bear if they find it

Another Bear attack: Grantsville, Maryland--A couple saw a bear approach their goats--They yelled at the bear to frighten it--Instead it ran right after them,and it then attacked the house, ripping off the air-conditioner--The wife screamed,the husband got a shotgun and killed the Bear, which was Rabid,foaming at the mouth--They need to still get rabies shots since bear blood got on them both

That's fine for you and others.
I and some others happen to not agree with the decision to have killed the bear. Just because someone else thinks it's right doesn't mean I do.

I do alot of hiking and am thankful that no Florida black bear has ever attacked a human. I think, though, there are other options than killing the bear. Granted, if one attacked my dog or kid and I was in the woods with a gun- bye bye bear. However - relocation to the middle of nowhere or a zoo would be my first pick when there is an option.

I wouldn't never track it down and kill it once it was out of my immediate danger zone.

I do alot of hiking and am thankful that no Florida black bear has ever attacked a human. I think, though, there are other options than killing the bear. Granted, if one attacked my dog or kid and I was in the woods with a gun- bye bye bear. However - relocation to the middle of nowhere or a zoo would be my first pick when there is an option.

I wouldn't never track it down and kill it once it was out of my immediate danger zone.

I totally agree with you!

Bears who show attack-type behavior are often relocated to the middle of nowhere many, many times to keep them out of the paths of humans. However, they often return to the place where they started trouble.

And if they do attack, they are usually killed because they will probably attack again.

It makes me wonder why people would put their children at risk to go camping in an area where being mauled by a bear or any other wild animal is possible?! Go be adventurous during the daytime...and rent a cabin at night. It certainly wouldn't be worth that to sleep under the stars. What a price to pay for "getting back to nature"!

I do feel very sorry for his family. It was a horrible ordeal. Bless their hearts.

It makes me wonder why people would put their children at risk to go camping in an area where being mauled by a bear or any other wild animal is possible?! Go be adventurous during the daytime...and rent a cabin at night. It certainly wouldn't be worth that to sleep under the stars. What a price to pay for "getting back to nature"!

I do feel very sorry for his family. It was a horrible ordeal. Bless their hearts.

Even in cabins, you have to go potty sometime - most cabins don't have bathrooms.

I'm the kind of parent that takes my child camping.

Though I'd be well prepared with a shotgun if I thought a violent bear would be around, the truth is, after camping about 50 nights a year, I have yet to be threatened by anything. Even in Paines Prarie where there are more rattle snakes per square foot than anywhere else on the planet, Even in Florida where this drought is causing the alligators to move further inland to areas most people don't assume there will be any.

The risk of being attacked by a bear is less than getting into an accident taking your child to school each morning.

I have been camping many times, but snakes, racoons, or skunks were the biggest threat we had to deal with...not bears or mountain lions!

It makes me wonder why people would put their children at risk to go camping in an area where being mauled by a bear or any other wild animal is possible?! .....

I suspect they do it for the same reason people put their kids in automobiles - they feel like the benefits far outweigh the risks.

I have been camping many times, but snakes, racoons, or skunks were the biggest threat we had to deal with...not bears or mountain lions!

If you're in the mountains, the threat IS there. Most times, these animals are more afraid of the human than we are of them, so they stay away. But, an angry or hungry bear or mountain lion might "dare" the human population...

If you're in the mountains, the threat IS there. Most times, these animals are more afraid of the human than we are of them, so they stay away. But, an angry or hungry bear or mountain lion might "dare" the human population...

*pow!* ...and there's a nice new bearskin rug for in front of the campfire!

Even in cabins, you have to go potty sometime - most cabins don't have bathrooms.

I'm the kind of parent that takes my child camping.

Though I'd be well prepared with a shotgun if I thought a violent bear would be around, the truth is, after camping about 50 nights a year, I have yet to be threatened by anything. Even in Paines Prarie where there are more rattle snakes per square foot than anywhere else on the planet, Even in Florida where this drought is causing the alligators to move further inland to areas most people don't assume there will be any.

The risk of being attacked by a bear is less than getting into an accident taking your child to school each morning.

Hi glitch!!!
I wanted to tell you that Paynes Prairie was just voted the best place in Florida to see a gator LOLOL

I prefer Washington Oaks where only the baby ones hang out... You can actually walk among them (just tiny 2 foot ones sunning)

Hi glitch!!!
I wanted to tell you that Paynes Prairie was just voted the best place in Florida to see a gator LOLOL

I prefer Washington Oaks where only the baby ones hang out... You can actually walk among them (just tiny 2 foot ones sunning)

:) If it were me voting, I'd say Wakulla Springs would be the best place. I've NEVER missed seeing one out there.

(Unless they mean GATOR - like UF!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back