Belize - Faye Lin Cannon, 13, brutally slain, San Pedro, 3 July 2017 *American parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wish I could, but I can't. :)

What a technological genius I am! ;)
I don't want to work on solving the problem unless I am certain they are photos of Faye, and not a sister.
Have we confirmed/agreed on which girl was Faye? (i.e. more petite girl with short bob vs "tomboy" with very short hair)

What a technological genius I am! ;)
I don't want to work on solving the problem unless I am certain they are photos of Faye, and not a sister.
Have we confirmed/agreed on which girl was Faye? (i.e. more petite girl with short bob vs "tomboy" with very short hair)
BBM

You're more of a techno genius than I am for even trying! :D

I'm convinced Faye is the more petite girl with the short bob, comparing her features (drooping eyelid and lips) with the news photo as I mentioned earlier. Also, there is a FB photo of "movie night" showing just the oldest girl and the one with very short hair who "qualified" to see Jurassic Park. AD said that Faye and the youngest girl (I won't name) were afraid. The girl with the bob and the youngest who models clothes weren't in the photo, so the girl with the bob who never smiles would seem to be Faye. JMO

BBM

You're more of a techno genius than I am for even trying! :D

I'm convinced Faye is the more petite girl with the short bob, comparing her features (drooping eyelid and lips) with the news photo as I mentioned earlier. Also, there is a FB photo of "movie night" showing just the oldest girl and the one with very short hair who "qualified" to see Jurassic Park. AD said that Faye and the youngest girl (I won't name) were afraid. The girl with the bob and the youngest who models clothes weren't in the photo, so the girl with the bob who never smiles would seem to be Faye. JMO

Lost track of this thread. There is a picture on Anke's FB that names the 'very short haired' girl. I agree with your post about which girl is Faye Lin.

Has anyone heard anything about today's bail hearing? All I could find was this, and that was before: http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/149900

I don't think the judge had a choice: the charges they're facing aren't serious enough to assume a flight risk, plus they have assets and their other children in Belize. They have no criminal record and no one is claiming they're a threat to anyone.

Judges can't make decisions based on allegations they've only read about in the newspaper, it's up to the prosecutor to lay charges relating to those other allegations.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't think the judge had a choice: the charges they're facing aren't serious enough to assume a flight risk, plus they have assets and their other children in Belize. They have no criminal record and no one is claiming they're a threat to anyone.

Judges can't make decisions based on allegations they've only read about in the newspaper, it's up to the prosecutor to lay charges relating to those other allegations.

Charges not serious enough? A child in their possession died. Their other children? Yikes I hope they never see them again. They never should have been allowed bail. This is a horror story. The neighbors in Hawaii hearing the girls cry all night. How many years ago has that been. Awful.

Unfortunately I agree Satchie. Isn't bail determined by whether an individual would be a risk to others and a flight risk? If their other daughters are in a safe place away from the so-called parents, then I don't think they are a risk to others. As for flight risk, well here is where I am a bit more worried. Hopefully they have control of the Doehm's passports (including AD's German one), but what's to stop a relative from the US or Germany from sending them bribe money to get them across the border into Mexico or Guatemala?

So do we know if someone posted bail for them? I assume that's $10,000 Belizean dollars? Was it a PR Bond or Surety? Did they go home today? Where are the other children and what happens now? :waitasec:

Testing photo clips....please let me know if you can see this image:

Faye - Merida fair Sep 8 15 lrge.JPG

Testing photo clips....please let me know if you can see this image:

attachment.php

Yes I can. Good job. Poor little girl! :(

Here are the others...

Faye in Merida, Sep 1 2015

Faye in Merida - Sep 1 15 - lrge.JPG

Faye on boat - Cozumel, Sep 24 2015

Faye - boat Cozumel Sep 24 15 - lrge.JPG

Faye - Progreso Beach - Sep 2 2015

Faye - Progreso Beach Sep 2 15 - lrge.JPG

And just to add the original to the collection, here is Faye at Merida Fair - Sep 8 2015:

Faye - Merida fair Sep 8 15 lrge.JPG

There are many other photos from the family trip to Mexico, but these are the only ones that show Faye, other than the one of the family on the ferry where Faye seemed to be smiling/grimacing. There a few more that show the other "middle daughter", but clearly the oldest and youngest daughters were in the most photos and were usually front and center (and smiling) in any photos that included the middle sisters.

There were no more photos of the two middle sisters after 2015. (or prior to that time for that matter while they were in Belize.)

Thanks Snoopster! Did you see the one of Faye sitting on a dock with her sisters and AD and the youngest were standing? She was in the foreground wearing red leggings at the San Pedro water taxi terminal, giving a half-hearted wave 8/31/15. Or maybe you posted that earlier. Such a sad picture.

Grab screenshots while you can. I expect AD will shut down her FB ASAP now that she's out on bail.

Thanks Snoopster! Did you see the one of Faye sitting on a dock with her sisters and AD and the youngest were standing? She was in the foreground wearing red leggings at the San Pedro water taxi terminal, giving a half-hearted wave 8/31/15. Or maybe you posted that earlier. Such a sad picture.

Grab screenshots while you can. I expect AD will shut down her FB ASAP now that she's out on bail.

She was already cleaning it up last night. Pretty randomly too.

Charges not serious enough? A child in their possession died. Their other children? Yikes I hope they never see them again. They never should have been allowed bail. This is a horror story. The neighbors in Hawaii hearing the girls cry all night. How many years ago has that been. Awful.
That's my point, the charges are not related to Faye's death. If the prosecution would lay charges in accordance with the allegations that have appeared in the media, that would be a different story.

Unfortunately, information has appeared in the Belizian media and everyone believes it. But why aren't there criminal charges? Is it because there are no facts or witnesses to back up those allegations? Then why did the media publish the stories? I'm just asking, I want to know. It's been weeks now, what further evidence could there possibly be for police to gather?

How long does one continue to give credence to media allegations, when there appears to be nothing to back it up? Why doesn't the person who leaked the allegations to the media stand up in court and state them there?

That's my point, the charges are not related to Faye's death. If the prosecution would lay charges in accordance with the allegations that have appeared in the media, that would be a different story.

Unfortunately, information has appeared in the Belizian media and everyone believes it. But why aren't there criminal charges? Is it because there are no facts or witnesses to back up those allegations? Then why did the media publish the stories? I'm just asking, I want to know. It's been weeks now, what further evidence could there possibly be for police to gather?

How long does one continue to give credence to media allegations, when there appears to be nothing to back it up? Why doesn't the person who leaked the allegations to the media stand up in court and state them there?

BBM

Good points. It seems to me that there is a core group of Belize locals making accusations about Faye's death, organizing vigils and protests and keeping the media involved covering the story. If nothing else, in getting publicity for the protests, the result would be that the media would also dig deeper into the Doehms life, adding fuel to the fire of public opinion.

It seems that LE has charged the Doehms in accord with the evidence available. I doubt there is strong enough evidence to charge them with more and get a conviction, which is probably why it hasn't happened. Of course, thorough investigations take time, so more charges may come. But until then, allegations by people to the media amount only to a witch hunt. They should be talking only to LE. I think the Doehms sound like terrible parents, but they can't be charged and tried for more than can be proved in court. So I guess I will wait for a trial and only give credence to what is actual evidence.
JMO

Oh I see, I jumped the gun, lol sorry. I'm wondering why the medical examiner is not saying what caused her death. Her death was due to severe abuse and neglect.

Oh I see, I jumped the gun, lol sorry. I'm wondering why the medical examiner is not saying what caused her death. Her death was due to severe abuse and neglect.

Based on what's been in the media, her death was caused by compression of the chest, causing ribs to break and puncture her heart or lungs. The smoking gun would be "who actually did that". Having said that, I am struggling with the thought that any jury couldn't convict the Doehms based on them having to know that someone in their house caused grievous harm to Faye. If they didn't actually do it themselves, then, at a minimum they enabled it or covered it up. Hence, they are parties to the crime no matter how you look at it. I don't think the level of proof is to prove who actually broke her ribs. There was a pattern. There was not effort to help Faye. Do they need more than that??

Faye was once a happy little girl.

Faye - dress skirt old photo .jpg

...and then she wasn't. :tears:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member