Belize - Francesca Matus, 52, & Drew De Voursney, 36, murdered, Corozal, 25 Apr 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Google United states vs Don Ricbardson. Court file . its public record. Get an idea of who he is .

I'm quite sure I read that he was from California. He doesn't have much of a digital footprint. The only thing I can find on him before his comments to police, is that he was voted in as one of the Directors of a condo complex in Belize and the board then successfully sued another owner for maintenance fees. It doesn't appear relevant, but if anyone wants to look, you can google Strata Plan #22.

Whatever the ongoing issue is between JD and DR, I haven't read anything that would lead me to believe it involved FM or DD. IMO.
N

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is an idea of who Don Richardson is . https://casetext.com/case/us-v-richardson-137

Steals the identity of people , tax evasion, convicted felon. He last lived in Bakersfield Ca. Before heading to Belize to develop land their . He used to own Richardson s water trucking in riverside Ca.

Here is an idea of who Don Richardson is . https://casetext.com/case/us-v-richardson-137

Steals the identity of people , tax evasion, convicted felon. He last lived in Bakersfield Ca. Before heading to Belize to develop land their . He used to own Richardson s water trucking in riverside Ca.

Do the Belize police and/or FBI have this information? Have you been in contact with them? I would not normally suggest something like this, but the Belize police have been aimless since the beginning, and FBI may have been focused on evidence collection. If Belize police can investigate this neighbour of Francesca and gather names of his associates, then any forensic evidence examined by FBI can potentially be more easily matched to suspects.

Do the Belize police and/or FBI have this information? Have you been in contact with them? I would not normally suggest something like this, but the Belize police have been aimless since the beginning, and FBI may have been focused on evidence collection. If Belize police can investigate this neighbour of Francesca and gather names of his associates, then any forensic evidence examined by FBI can potentially be more easily matched to suspects.

Whoa Nelly. Even if we are sure this is the same man, we only know he was guilty of fraud and tax evasion. Where is the piece that identifies this DR as the Corozal neighbor?

DirtyDR - your information may be true, but your username raises a red flag for me. It's obvious that you have had dealings with this man and dislike him very much. To target him specifically though for a double homocide is pretty serious. Do you have any substantive evidence that he has paid people to hurt people?

Whoa Nelly. Even if we are sure this is the same man, we only know he was guilty of fraud and tax evasion. Where is the piece that identifies this DR as the Corozal neighbor?

DirtyDR - your information may be true, but your username raises a red flag for me. It's obvious that you have had dealings with this man and dislike him very much. To target him specifically though for a double homocide is pretty serious. Do you have any substantive evidence that he has paid people to hurt people?
I know what i know i know what Don Richardson has told me i knownither thing hes done . my goal isnt to pin these murders on him but to have him not over looked and to expose all his garbage. And a big red flag. Is the fact that i have seen this man in alterations in bar rooms in his home. With other people where he physically tries to choke them with his hands around their neck . I offer hearsay i understand but i also offer informatio that is true. This man puts up a great image of a successful business man pays to cover up the truth.

I know what i know i know what Don Richardson has told me i knownither thing hes done . my goal isnt to pin these murders on him but to have him not over looked and to expose all his garbage. And a big red flag. Is the fact that i have seen this man in alterations in bar rooms in his home. With other people where he physically tries to choke them with his hands around their neck . I offer hearsay i understand but i also offer informatio that is true. This man puts up a great image of a successful business man pays to cover up the truth.
What has he told you? What do you think happened to Francesca and Drew?

I believe that you're sharing what you believe to be true, but I would encourage you to be cautious. He hasn't been named as a suspect. If the claims you make aren't proven and he found this forum, he could move against you legally. It has happened before.

I believe that you're sharing what you believe to be true, but I would encourage you to be cautious. He hasn't been named as a suspect. If the claims you make aren't proven and he found this forum, he could move against you legally. It has happened before.

Im not saying he killed them. Im saying that i wouldnt hold it past him to be involved. The information om putting out is factual public knowledge with the hopes of the fbi looking into his background and uncovering much more than what happened to this couple. . the opporrunity to ecpose this creep. For who he is and his bullying and corupt ways. Thank you for your information though but i can back up my. Statements and i just think that every angle should be considered. . Don has more than enough money to buy people off. Thats what he does . i have spokke to the FBI. As well as to the US states attorney mni do thank you though for the advice.

Don Richardson certainly looks like someone who should be looked at closely. We already know that there was a complaint from JD that Richardson had tried to run him over, and given that JD was living in FMs house, that tells me that Richardson wasn't close to her either. Perhaps he was trying to force out FMs only tenant in an effort to persuade her to sell? Didn't the story of Matus selling her property come from Richardson? Seems that his story that afternoon does two things, paints JD as a suspect, and casts doubt on what would have likely been his motive. If he killed her for the property, why not put it out there early that the property was already for sale?

This guy has tried to always lay low. Wants people to see this successful Business man likes to be admired. Loves his money when he does get in a pickle hes the first one to offer up someone to get eyes off him. Another thing besides breaking beer bottles ove peoples heads when they least expect it his 2nd most famous thing to do when physically. Engaged with someone he likes to grab their necks and try to choke them . I know of a few accounts personally witnessed and i know back in the states a police report or two states him trying to choke the person that filed the complaint. Some coincidence the couple were strangled. Not that he is the guilty person responsible. I do not know if he done the kiling or has anything to do with them . just saying Everyone should be carefully looked into.

I've been trying to track down the rumour that Francesca was planning to sell her property.

The first appearance appears to be in a May 8 story by Jeremy Redmond of the Atlanta Journal Constitition, the only northern journalist who flew down to Belize and conducted interviews, including with DR. He states:

A pair of Matus’ close friends said she was preparing to sell the property in the next few months.

This journalist appears to me to be quite careful in attributing quotes and sources, I don't believe he would have published it if two independent and genuinely close friends (or perhaps family) hadn't confirmed it.

http://www.myajc.com/news/breaking-...-victim-neighbor-says/bDsGbgrSsY0F9Ntcuma4qI/

Please let us continue to distinguish between confirmed facts, rumours, and false information, and not leap to judgement unless and until those distinctions have been made.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Sorry, this quote from the Toronto Sun seemed to imply that Richardson was responsible for the "selling story", however reading it again it looks like they just threw that line in to a paragraph about Richardson.

One neighbour, Don Richardson, who is well known in Corozal and who allegedly cracked a beer bottle over Deshaies’ head at Scotty’s Bar & Grill in March, claims he heard the two Canadians arguing about money.

Richardson is building a home across from Matus’s property - which she reportedly planned to sell - and said the pair argued loudly the day she disappeared.

The May 9 Postmedia story by Brad Hunter (carried in both the Toronto Sun and the Barrie Examiner, outlets of Postmedia), was published one day after the Atlanta story I cited in my previous post and draws heavily on it. But it also relies on an anonymous source quite obviously hostile to DR:
"That's why people in Corozal aren't saying anything. They're terrified," the source said. "They know who is behind all this and they're very afraid of him."

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...person-of-interest-in-double-murder-in-belize.

So in the brave new world of the Postmedia Network, someone who refuses to be named, makes wild and dark claims to divert attention from a suspect and undermine the credibilty of a witness, and relies on conspiracy theories to explain why no one else will confirm their statements, is a reliable source? This is the decline of journalism in action.

The May 9 Postmedia story by Brad Hunter (carried in both the Toronto Sun and the Barrie Examiner, outlets of Postmedia), was published one day after the Atlanta story I cited in my previous post and draws heavily on it. But it also relies on an anonymous source quite obviously hostile to DR:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...person-of-interest-in-double-murder-in-belize.

So in the brave new world of the Postmedia Network, someone who refuses to be named, makes wild and dark claims to divert attention from a suspect and undermine the credibilty of a witness, and relies on conspiracy theories to explain why no one else will confirm their statements, is a reliable source? This is the decline of journalism in action.

I don't know that the "source" made wild claims (certainly any dark claims can be substantiated by investigation). I don't know for sure what prompted the source to contact police, or the motive behind it. I can't say that the source's motive was to intentionally divert attention away from the suspect. But the Belize police took the information as credible, for better or worse, and I think that it would be logical for them to investigate the named person, and to question members of the community about him. We won't learn the results of their investigation at this point, and may never know. The media had an actual police statement, before they quoted the anonymous source. I can't blame them for following up on that.

Sr. Supt. Dennis Arnold, Officer Commanding - Corozal
"No. Just open threats. I believe if a report of such of reported of that threat to Miss Francesca, maybe she would still be alive today. And I believe that members in the community, their community, knows exactly what was happening."

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=40188

Has it ever been mentioned why Richardson smashed JD over the head with a beer bottle? I know JD was told that he "needs to leave the country", but I have never seen an explanation as to why.

I've been trying to track down the rumour that Francesca was planning to sell her property.

The first appearance appears to be in a May 8 story by Jeremy Redmond of the Atlanta Journal Constitition, the only northern journalist who flew down to Belize and conducted interviews, including with DR. He states:

This journalist appears to me to be quite careful in attributing quotes and sources, I don't believe he would have published it if two independent and genuinely close friends (or perhaps family) hadn't confirmed it.

http://www.myajc.com/news/breaking-...-victim-neighbor-says/bDsGbgrSsY0F9Ntcuma4qI/

Please let us continue to distinguish between confirmed facts, rumours, and false information, and not leap to judgement unless and until those distinctions have been made.

Thank you. I couldn't find that news article when I posted that it was two "close friends" who,claimed that she was considering selling her property and not DR. I wonder why they didn't want their identities known when talking with this reporter? We know that the two women who seemed to be the closest friends of FM in Belize were interviewed by People and had no problem with that.

http://people.com/crime/toronto-mom-francesca-matus-murdered-in-belize/

:waitasec:

MOO:

Has it ever been mentioned why Richardson smashed JD over the head with a beer bottle? I know JD was told that he "needs to leave the country", but I have never seen an explanation as to why.

I must have missed that "threat" to JD. Sounds like it was him who was receiving threats rather than FM.

Wondering,( hoping ) that this anchor poked around the case a bit while he was visiting, imo, speculation.
http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/146681

"May 24, 2017 Emmy-Winning Belizean-American Anchor Kendis Gibson Tells of “Coming Home”

Less than two weeks ago, acclaimed Belizean-American journalist Kendis Gibson, an Emmy Award winning reporter and anchor for ABC, visited Belize for the first time in over ten years. During his brief visit, Gibson documented his trip in a short video that was aired on World News Now on ABC. Gibson was interviewed by reporters as well as by myself for Open Your Eyes. He also had the chance to visit the house where he grew up in Belize City and took a brief trip over to San Pedro."

I don't know that the "source" made wild claims (certainly any dark claims can be substantiated by investigation). I don't know for sure what prompted the source to contact police, or the motive behind it. I can't say that the source's motive was to intentionally divert attention away from the suspect. But the Belize police took the information as credible, for better or worse, and I think that it would be logical for them to investigate the named person, and to question members of the community about him. We won't learn the results of their investigation at this point, and may never know. The media had an actual police statement, before they quoted the anonymous source. I can't blame them for following up on that.

Sr. Supt. Dennis Arnold, Officer Commanding - Corozal
"No. Just open threats. I believe if a report of such of reported of that threat to Miss Francesca, maybe she would still be alive today. And I believe that members in the community, their community, knows exactly what was happening."

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=40188
I was referring in my post to an un-named source that spoke to Brad Hunter of the Canadian PostMedia Network, making allegations that DR probably committed the murder and has terrorized the community - I've not seen anything indicating this source spoke to the police or the FBI, but perhaps that happened.

It is confirmed that DR made a witness statement to the police and FBI about an argument between Francesca and JD, and did allow himself to be named in the media. I think the most reliable media in this case is the Atlanta Journal Constitution, who sent a real reporter to Belize to do real journalism, here's an article where he tries to sort out the obvious animosity between JD and DR: http://www.myajc.com/news/breaking-...-victim-neighbor-says/bDsGbgrSsY0F9Ntcuma4qI/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back