Spain Benjamin Ross, 26, A UK National, Majorca, 10 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But her attempts to fly out to Majorca to start searching for her son have been hindered by her missing passport – and the high cost of flights to Spain during the summer high season.

Friend Carla Speight told Express.co.uk: "Felix will put every penny she has into finding her son, we know with the astronomical costs she won’t be eating and drinking properly. Right now she hasn’t even considered accommodation.

"As a single parent myself, I know I wouldn’t be eating or drinking and instead put that money into printing posters to hand out or put fuel in a hire car to drive round to the historical spots he might be at."

Tickets from the nearest airport to Ben's home in Wigan, to Palma are currently on sale for an average of £200.

"We just want to make sure our friend has a safe space to sleep and enough to get a hire car to find her son. In situations like this, no one has a backup plan for when a family member goes travelling

A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson told the Manchester Evening News: “On Saturday 13 July 2024 we received a report that a 26-year-old man from Wigan had travelled to Spain and stopped contact with his friends and family.

“We informed them that they should contact the British Consulate who would be able to assist them in the search for their loved one abroad.

“Yesterday (Wednesday 17 July 2024), we assisted the family with submitting report to Interpol to allow the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to act on their behalf in Spain.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back