Big Boy Toys

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JerseyGirl said:
And roller blades and snowboards. :waitasec: I would think that they were interested more in vehicles.
..right......i just skimmed the thread, and most DO just list their vehicles..bikes etc...
...i did see one guy list his Beer Fridge!, so maybe raven added the dart board kind of in a joking manner too......

Posted in June 2004
http://web.archive.org/web/20040612051913/pocketpcguy.com/Darius.htm

On the website where he's sharing his pictures with Darius, Raven identifies the Jeep as Darius's . ...

"Darius Messes Up His Jeep!!!"

VX Board pictures of Raven's jeep which he says Darius is just driving!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2984&cat=500&page=1

My buddy and I like to go cruisin the cat trails when we can... He is driving my jeep, but the VX, oh, that is such a sweet ride! He is always impressed with the ability of the VX.... SO am I

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2985&cat=500&page=1

I was terrified to let Darius pull the jeep up there, I didn't want him to rev the engine and he couldn't get it up the last quarter of an inch to rest on the top so I hooked up the tow rope and pulled on it while he gave it a little gas and we were there!!! Kinda tight, but fun!!!

golfmom said:
Posted in June 2004
http://web.archive.org/web/20040612051913/pocketpcguy.com/Darius.htm

On the website where he's sharing his pictures with Darius, Raven identifies the Jeep as Darius's . ...

"Darius Messes Up His Jeep!!!"

VX Board pictures of Raven's jeep which he says Darius is just driving!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2984&cat=500&page=1

My buddy and I like to go cruisin the cat trails when we can... He is driving my jeep, but the VX, oh, that is such a sweet ride! He is always impressed with the ability of the VX.... SO am I

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2985&cat=500&page=1

I was terrified to let Darius pull the jeep up there, I didn't want him to rev the engine and he couldn't get it up the last quarter of an inch to rest on the top so I hooked up the tow rope and pulled on it while he gave it a little gas and we were there!!! Kinda tight, but fun!!!

Ohhhh, I hope IF Raven was at a soccer game that night, and Darius was his alibi, LE didn't accept him as his only alibi!

I heard a couple of times now that there was a 2000 Honda SE mini-coop that can be added to the big boy toys list, but that it mysteriously burned to the ground at 4:00 a.m. in Smithfield VA when Raven was living there and Janet was going to school.

Another one of those things that make you go hmmmmmm . . . . . .

golfmom said:
I heard a couple of times now that there was a 2000 Honda SE mini-coop that can be added to the big boy toys list, but that it mysteriously burned to the ground at 4:00 a.m. in Smithfield VA when Raven was living there and Janet was going to school.

Another one of those things that make you go hmmmmmm . . . . . .
What?? It actually made me go more than hmmmmmmm!! GM, did you hear that it was a Honda SE or a Mini Cooper? I couldn't find a Honda mini coop when I searched to see what it looked like.

ewwwinteresting said:
What?? It actually made me go more than hmmmmmmm!! GM, did you hear that it was a Honda SE or a Mini Cooper? I couldn't find a Honda mini coop when I searched to see what it looked like.

I searched my self silly on that one too ... it was described as one of those little mini-coops to me. I guess I'll have to get better clarification. I'm car illiterate is my only excuse.

golfmom said:
I searched my self silly on that one too ... it was described as one of those little mini-coops to me. I guess I'll have to get better clarification. I'm car illiterate is my only excuse.
I'm guessing it is the mini coop......more flashy......more his style

Of course, they have the non convertible style also. You know, there is a mini coop forum (like the VX)....wonder if he joined and talked about that also? Do we know when he had it (what years)? Was there an insurance investigation into the "fire"?

ewwwinteresting said:

Of course, they have the non convertible style also. You know, there is a mini coop forum (like the VX)....wonder if he joined and talked about that also? Do we know when he had it (what years)? Was there an insurance investigation into the "fire"?

Well that is exactly what was described to me. My understanding was that there was no investigation.

golfmom said:
Well that is exactly what was described to me. My understanding was that there was no investigation.
Until now :) There would have had to be some PD Report, wouldn't there? I mean the fire department would have had to respond to an auto fire!

ewwwinteresting said:
Until now :) There would have had to be some PD Report, wouldn't there? I mean the fire department would have had to respond to an auto fire!
Unless the fire department was never called....hmmm...

ewwwinteresting said:

[url="http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2005/MINI/100277803/029358-T.jpg"]http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2005/MINI/100277803/029358-T.jpg[/url] Of course, they have the non convertible style also. You know, there is a mini coop forum (like the VX)....wonder if he joined and talked about that also? Do we know when he had it (what years)? Was there an insurance investigation into the "fire"?
Just checked and the mini cooper is a newer car - betcha it was a honda convertible - honda made the DelSol and makes the SC2000...

Moxie said:
That's it... Sweet car... How did he have the money to afford all these "toys"????

Yeah, Moxie -- I'm just not sure how he kept getting credit extended to him when he was obviously overburdened financially. Maybe he had someone co-signing for him . . .

Just an interesting update -

You'll recall that in the Durham County Property Tax records for Raven, there were two vehicles listed, one with a tax value of $2530, and one with a tax value of $8670. The tax bills on both vehicles have been in arrears for months (the taxes on the vehicle in Janet's name, presumably the Acrua, were paid in full when due).

I'm reasonably certain that the vehicle with the tax value of $8670 is the VX (based on Kelly Blue Book). The smaller tax valued vehicle is probably the Durango.

The Durango we are told is still with Durham Police (even though released, it's never been claimed). And presumably Raven is still driving the VX, or at least we have reports that he was driving it at the funeral.

Interestingly enough, just this week, on July 18th, a tax payment was posted on the property tax account for $131.62, the amount past due on the vehicle valued at $8670. Interesting, in that Raven is due back in NC this week for the embezzlement hearing. Seems almost like the tax was quickly paid prior to that vehicle presumably being driven into the area for the hearing - perhaps making sure there would be nothing to keep him from then leaving with the VX again? Or to make sure the vehicle could be registered in another state at some point in time? (Unpaid property taxes in NC can result in liens on the property, and also inhibit the owner from re-registering the vehicle elsewhere in another state.)

Note: The property taxes due on the other vehicle (the one valued at $2530) remain in arrears.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Just an interesting update -

You'll recall that in the Durham County Property Tax records for Raven, there were two vehicles listed, one with a tax value of $2530, and one with a tax value of $8670. The tax bills on both vehicles have been in arrears for months (the taxes on the vehicle in Janet's name, presumably the Acrua, were paid in full when due).

I'm reasonably certain that the vehicle with the tax value of $8670 is the VX (based on Kelly Blue Book). The smaller tax valued vehicle is probably the Durango.

The Durango we are told is still with Durham Police (even though released, it's never been claimed). And presumably Raven is still driving the VX, or at least we have reports that he was driving it at the funeral.

Interestingly enough, just this week, on July 18th, a tax payment was posted on the property tax account for $131.62, the amount past due on the vehicle valued at $8670. Interesting, in that Raven is due back in NC this week for the embezzlement hearing. Seems almost like the tax was quickly paid prior to that vehicle presumably being driven into the area for the hearing - perhaps making sure there would be nothing to keep him from then leaving with the VX again? Or to make sure the vehicle could be registered in another state at some point in time? (Unpaid property taxes in NC can result in liens on the property, and also inhibit the owner from re-registering the vehicle elsewhere in another state.)

Note: The property taxes due on the other vehicle (the one valued at $2530) remain in arrears.
Hmmm....

It seems the Bird is preparing for re-entry to North Carolina... Wonder if he is ever going to reclaim the Durango...

Moxie said:
Hmmm.... It seems the Bird is preparing for re-entry to North Carolina... Wonder if he is ever going to reclaim the Durango...
Or is he planning on leaving and needs that hurdle removed? Will he be in NC for the court date Friday?

SouthEastSleuth said:
Interestingly enough, just this week, on July 18th, a tax payment was posted on the property tax account for $131.62, the amount past due on the vehicle valued at $8670.
Well thank goodness for the trust fund! Maybe we should print a thank you article in the mormon paper.....thanks to the gracious donors, Raven is now current on his VX property tax!:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back