BIG HOLES in the defense theory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember soon, very soon after Baez and KC were "connected" he made the announcement that there was an explanation that will come out at trial...to me none of this makes sense. Why would he let her go to trial for her life if this was an accident all this time? Just doesn't make sense to me!

:great: Very excited, after 3 years of reading my make my first websleuths post. For me the biggest hole in the defense theory is George. If Jose had said Caylee drowned in the pool and Casey panicked and hid the body. If he had stopped there, I think he may have had a shot. The minute he added George to the story, and threw out the sexual abuse as an excuse, any hope he had of pulling off this defense went out the window. IMHO

Welcome to WEBSLEUTHS!!! :welcome5:

ITA. The entire reason for this ridiculous fabrication is that ICA will not ever in a million years accept any responsibility for anything, even if it were simply that her precious baby girl drowned in the family pool. It has simply reinforced my belief that this was indeed premeditated, and that her parents should thank their lucky stars to still be alive. JMHO

I am blathering I know...but I just had a thought.

The Jury is instructed that the opening statements are NOT evidence and they are to listen to them with that in mind..

I think the state did a great job with using just the facts in their statement, and they will be able to show that with evidence. On the other hand, the only thing from the dt that will be proven with evidence are the statements: "she was dumb enough" and accidentally stated "she was stupid" also the statement of her acting improper.

My feeling probably doesn't mean anything (I had the same feeling at this point during the Peterson case) but I'm concerned that the lack of cause of death will distract the jury.

Remember during the Peterson case when Baden and Wecht came out at the very end saying how not having a cause of death would fatally hurt the case? That turned out not to be true with Peterson, mostly because I think he was an unsympathetic defendant. But will it hurt this case? I think so...just to be clear this is not based on anything more than a reading of atmosphere among the medical and legal kibitzers I see and hear on the news.

If this has been mentioned already, my apologies.

For me one of the biggest glaring holes in Jose Baez theory is Cindy.

There was no mention of her in the alleged 3 year coverup of an accidental drowning during his opening statement. Will he propose that she knew about it and went along or does he think that George could keep such a secret from Cindy for 3 YEARS? Through all the travelling to track down sightings, all the posters, all the media attention and interviews, depositions. No way that happened.

It appears to me that Cindy and George have supported each other through this whole horrible time. No one could watch Cindy on that stand and think that she is anything but a grieving grandmother who stopped believing in Zanny's existance only 6 weeks before the trial.

The defense theory is an insult to any thinking person.

I believe that Dr G was referring to her morgue IN Orange County Florida ONLY. 100% of all drownings in Orange County Florida. And as of 6/20/2011, for 2011, drowning fatalities to date for ages up to 18 years old in Orange County has been 2.

Childhood drowning is the number one unintentional cause of death in Florida for children under the age of four, and while the death of even one child is tragic, 100% of 2 is still only 2. So without referencing the total number of child drownings involved in that 100% where 911 is called is merely sensationalizing a stat.

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/CitizensSafety/ChildhoodDrowningPrevention/tabid/235/Default.aspx

Very interesting site about Florida and drowning deahs: http://www.shands.org/hospitals/UF/professionals/trauma/Drowning.pdf

I could not agree more. Dr G testified that in 100% of ALL CHILD DROWNINGS that come through her morgue (and as she mentions in the State of Florida child drownings are frequent) 911 was called. 100% That is powerful evidence/testimony to me.

I remember soon, very soon after Baez and KC were "connected" he made the announcement that there was an explanation that will come out at trial...to me none of this makes sense. Why would he let her go to trial for her life if this was an accident all this time? Just doesn't make sense to me!
I find this to be the biggest whole in the defense's theory also. I just can't get past this. No attorney would let his client face the death penalty for an accident. Why would she sit in jail for 3 years if she didn't have to? There is no way they will ever be able to justify that. (jmo)

I am only just starting to read this particular thread...but I have to say, so far, I am so impressed!!! You guys are so smart, it scares me!

The biggest hole in the DT case, is KC. She has lied even to them which makes it almost impossible to defend her.

My feeling probably doesn't mean anything (I had the same feeling at this point during the Peterson case) but I'm concerned that the lack of cause of death will distract the jury.

Remember during the Peterson case when Baden and Wecht came out at the very end saying how not having a cause of death would fatally hurt the case? That turned out not to be true with Peterson, mostly because I think he was an unsympathetic defendant. But will it hurt this case? I think so...just to be clear this is not based on anything more than a reading of atmosphere among the medical and legal kibitzers I see and hear on the news.

I think there are many conviction without having a COD. Sometimes you don't even have a body!
ICA was charged ,even before Caylee was found.
I'm not worried. It would have to be a very random type of juror to vote NG IMO.Even then,she won't walk.

The theory is that Caylee drowned in the family pool. That morning when they realized Caylee was missing they supposedly started franticly looking for her. George went one way and Casey went another and they met in the backyard. At this point George already had Caylee OUT of the pool and in his arms. How long does a dead body float above the water BEFORE they sink to the bottom. He would have to "fish" her out....was he all wet??? Also, she claims that while he held his dead grandaughter he yelled at her "what did YOU do??? Your mother will never forgive you!! If they ALL live in the same house....why would he automaticly say it was Casey's fault she drowned in the pool....wouldn't they all take responsibilty for it. What a joke!!!! This defense theory is nonsense!!

The theory is that Caylee drowned in the family pool. That morning when they realized Caylee was missing they supposedly started franticly looking for her. George went one way and Casey went another and they met in the backyard. At this point George already had Caylee OUT of the pool and in his arms. How long does a dead body float above the water BEFORE they sink to the bottom. He would have to "fish" her out....was he all wet??? Also, she claims that while he held his dead grandaughter he yelled at her "what did YOU do??? Your mother will never forgive you!! If they ALL live in the same house....why would he automaticly say it was Casey's fault she drowned in the pool....wouldn't they all take responsibilty for it. What a joke!!!! This defense theory is nonsense!!

Dead people don't float, they sink.
They don't float until gases from decomp make them float up.

Thank you 2 percent!! You just proved what I am saying. If she was at the bottom of the pool....He'd have to jump in and get her. The defense never says he did that!!

I think I read somewhere that the defense has a picture of the pool ladder being in the pool at the time of caylee's death. Is this correct?? Because they didn't report her missing until 31 days later and Cindy insists the ladder was up. If it was 31 days later...nobody swam in the pool during that time???

This was an article I found about John and Reve Walsh about their loss of Adam. I found this report by the FBI, wonder if Baez will raise this in his defense theory?

No more waiting
Today, federal law forbids waiting periods when a child is reported missing. The FBI crime computer accepts missing child information and public broadcasting networks issue missing child notices, called AMBER Alerts, to cellphones, traffic information boards and TV. Every state has a missing child clearinghouse and rapid response systems. In 1990, police recovered 62% of missing children. Now, nearly 96% are recovered, Allen says.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-12-17-walshinside_N.htm

I thought about that as well but IMO she would have dumped her body somewhere else if she was hoping to stage a kidnapping. It seems unlikely that a kidnapping nanny would return the child's body so close to her home.

Hey Donjeta, I always enjoy your posts and find something worthy in them.

I have to say, I think Casey wanted the body to be found. Like you said and I've thought all along, the taping was done to make it look like a kidnapping. What good is taping the body if someone doesn't discover it and think: Aha! A kidnapping!

Also, although Cindy claims she never before saw the "Big Trouble" t-shirt, I think she is familiar with it. I think Casey put it on Caylee as a message to her mother, Cindy. I think maybe the shirt was something Cindy disapproved of and she let Casey know it so Casey made sure her daughter was wearing it in death.

Of course, it's easy for me to come up with these ideas. As each day of the trial unfolds, I discover more evil reeking from Casey. Just seeing her sit there day after day, in her imaginary world is distressing.

jmo

This is what I don't understand. At first, it seemed they were pointing the finger at George in regards to the tape -- a rare brand they say that only he had access to, etc. Now, it seems as though they are pointing the finger at Roy Kronk for that -- saying that someone placed the tape on Caylee after she was skeletonized. It's like they don't know what direction their own defense is taking.

crucibelle, to achieve a not guity verdict the defense has to keep every part of the case away from any idea Casey did any of it. The dead child is explained away with an accidential drowning. The tape around her face is something the defense has to blame on someone else and Kronk is as good as anyone since he found the body.

It has to appear that Casey is not tied to any part of Caylee's death. That's why the defense has involved other people. jmo

Hey Donjeta, I always enjoy your posts and find something worthy in them.

I have to say, I think Casey wanted the body to be found. Like you said and I've thought all along, the taping was done to make it look like a kidnapping. What good is taping the body if someone doesn't discover it and think: Aha! A kidnapping!

Also, although Cindy claims she never before saw the "Big Trouble" t-shirt, I think she is familiar with it. I think Casey put it on Caylee as a message to her mother, Cindy. I think maybe the shirt was something Cindy disapproved of and she let Casey know it so Casey made sure her daughter was wearing it in death.

Of course, it's easy for me to come up with these ideas. As each day of the trial unfolds, I discover more evil reeking from Casey. Just seeing her sit there day after day, in her imaginary world is distressing.

jmo

I agree that she wanted the body to be found. I think she was actually framing George and that is one reason she put the body so close to home and used the duct tape and then RETURNED IT TO THE GARAGE.

This was an article I found about John and Reve Walsh about their loss of Adam. I found this report by the FBI, wonder if Baez will raise this in his defense theory?

No more waiting
Today, federal law forbids waiting periods when a child is reported missing. The FBI crime computer accepts missing child information and public broadcasting networks issue missing child notices, called AMBER Alerts, to cellphones, traffic information boards and TV. Every state has a missing child clearinghouse and rapid response systems. In 1990, police recovered 62% of missing children. Now, nearly 96% are recovered, Allen says.

I'm not sure what he could use here. The article says " At the time, most police departments had mandatory waiting periods — up to 72 hours — before they would take a report on a missing child, and the FBI's crime computer did not accept data on missing children. "

It doesn't say that police have to issue an Amber Alert after a child has been missing for over a month.

The duct tape has never made sense as a faked kidnapping tool, even when ZFG was being blamed. Caylee supposedly knew her very well and was accustomed to spending time with her, so being with her would have seemed like an everyday thing. Duct tape at the point of kidnapping would only have scared Caylee and potentially attracted negative attention. Furthermore, a nanny who went to the trouble of stealing a child would not then kill her--if she didn't want her, she wouldn't steal her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back