Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard about the text message, I went through all the things you stated above. The only logical conclusion I could come up with, is she might give her Attorney a 1st trust deed to the property if it is not mortgaged. Or if it is but has quite a bit of equity, she is going to take out a second or refi.

Hard to believe it would appraise for more than 30 or 40k though.

Same problem with taking out a second or a refi. Gotta qualify with the lender. She has no job. No qualifying.

I think giving the attorney a % of the ownership is a possibility. Or they might set it up as an equity share. Why the attorney would want a % of a crappy dumpy house is beyond me. Peterson's house in Modesto couldn't get any renters. So, even as an investment property the value is zilch.

Appraisers are coming in very low on values also. Whereas before the downturn, the appraisers were giving higher appraisals.

Paint or no paint, that house is marked with bad vibes.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

I'm not sure it is for legal payment. I think it is more for purposes of collateral in case she needs bond.

She should be working... seriously. I know it is hard that Hailey is missing, but it does NOT give Billie the right to sit around and do nothing. Besides, she is wanting to give up custody (ie: responsibility) of Hailey.

I'm not sure it is for legal payment. I think it is more for purposes of collateral in case she needs bond.

That does make sense, but I also think her Attorney is requiring some sort of at least a promise of payment.

Elphaba, I agree but BD is sort of like poison oak right now ... No one wants it. Would you hire her to interact with your customers or clients? I'm not defending her, but she may have a hard time finding something at this point, KWIM?

That does make sense, but I also think her Attorney is requiring some sort of at least a promise of payment.

Elphaba, I agree but BD is sort of like poison oak right now ... No one wants it. Would you hire her to interact with your customers or clients? I'm not defending her, but she may have a hard time finding something at this point, KWIM?

Possibility she is on disability like Cindy Anthony. She has milked that for how many years now?:loser::loser:

True I'm sure that lie to LE has cost her big time and she is scrambling for money.

PR nightmare on their part to have her come back, which was part of my assuming she was not working there currently. Know what they say about assuming ...

But I would think she would be protected by employment law- wrongful termination perhaps. She has not been convicted of the drug possession charge yet.

True. But they could drug test her before allowing her back. Wonder how she'd do? And she apparently admitted to LE the drug purchases and she publicly admitted to printing up all of those pages of gory crime stories and she admitted to bringing home the iodine stix. So I think those things, added to the original complaint, nursing without a license, would protect the hospital from any wrongful termination lawsuits. imo

It's so quiet right now. I'm sure by the end of the weekend/Monday, all heck with break loose again. Again, the calm before the storm.

Boy I sure hope CD doesn't fall for her ridiculous deal. Too bad he cannot buy her out and live in the house himself with his family. I hope things pick up for Clint soon as far as work goes. I know what it is like to struggle with finances and bills, but it sounds like he's really broke. :( Is he working now? I know he wants to focus on finding Hailey, but a little bit of work might help to free his mind a little.

I don't know. They took her back after they discovered she was practicing for months without a valid nursing license. That is a very serious violation.

Yes, but that was like them giving her a second chance. So this would be like strike 3. And she publicly admitted some things that could lose her the job. She printed up hundreds of pages of tru crime stories for her boyfriend on work computers using their paper and ink, I presume. That is expensive and many places consider that employee theft.

Same problem with taking out a second or a refi. Gotta qualify with the lender. She has no job. No qualifying.

I think giving the attorney a % of the ownership is a possibility. Or they might set it up as an equity share. Why the attorney would want a % of a crappy dumpy house is beyond me. Peterson's house in Modesto couldn't get any renters. So, even as an investment property the value is zilch.

Appraisers are coming in very low on values also. Whereas before the downturn, the appraisers were giving higher appraisals.

Paint or no paint, that house is marked with bad vibes.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

As a real estate agent would stipulate, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and CURB APPEAL. This place already has those 2 strikes against it and the third would be as you said PH, BAD VIBES. I'm sure there are more strikes, but those 3 are biggies in my books.

As a real estate agent would stipulate, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and CURB APPEAL. This place already has those 2 strikes against it and the third would be as you said PH, BAD VIBES. I'm sure there are more strikes, but those 3 are biggies in my books.

Curb appeal is at a -10 and location is -20.

True. But they could drug test her before allowing her back. Wonder how she'd do? And she apparently admitted to LE the drug purchases and she publicly admitted to printing up all of those pages of gory crime stories and she admitted to bringing home the iodine stix. So I think those things, added to the original complaint, nursing without a license, would protect the hospital from any wrongful termination lawsuits. imo

Employment law can be a funny thing. This is a different scenario, but a good example of how screwed up things can get.

We had an employee who was stealing. We obtained a criminal judgment against him in court, but it took almost a year to get it. In the meantime, the doofus had applied for unemployment. I protested it and asked for a hearing. We did not receive the notice of hearing date and he won by default. To make a long story short, it took almost two years to win the UE appeal and get him off our account. Talk about insult to injury. And he has never made a single restitution payment on the criminal nor UE.

Maybe the hospital agreed to let her resign and they will not contest if she files for unemployment.

Yes, but that was like them giving her a second chance. So this would be like strike 3. And she publicly admitted some things that could lose her the job. She printed up hundreds of pages of tru crime stories for her boyfriend on work computers using their paper and ink, I presume. That is expensive and many places consider that employee theft.

I work in an office and we are allowed to print personal stuff off at work, they ask that you leave your 10 cents a page in the piggy bank beside the printer. I would never use their computers to look up bizarre crimes and print that stuff off, or anything else out of the norm. Can you only imagine someone finding you printing that stuff at work. :eek:hwow:

How can some people care about what the inside looks like but not the outside? I've never got that? Then there are those who don't care about inside or outside, just nasty. Well if she's trying to cut a deal with CD, she better get the paint cans and brushes outside. Maybe it wil help her take her mind off of HD. SA would probably help her I'm sure. Oh right, he's got a no trespassing order against him...darn it anyhow. Can BD reneg on that?

How can some people care about what the inside looks like but not the outside? I've never got that? Then there are those who don't care about inside or outside, just nasty. Well if she's trying to cut a deal with CD, she better get the paint cans and brushes outside. Maybe it wil help her take her mind off of HD. SA would probably help her I'm sure. Oh right, he's got a no trespassing order against him...darn it anyhow. Can BD reneg on that?

Usually, when you drive up and see that kind of outside, the inside is worse.

I don't know about the unemployment rate there, but it is high most places and jobs are hard to come by. Adding to that that it is a small town and I would think most people know her by now, finding a job would seem to be nearly impossible.:twocents:

I'm still curious about how BD and Clint got the house paid off so quickly since it usually takes at least 20 years. She claims he never worked, and was a nurse at one time, so maybe they made larger payments? It seems awfully quick a pay off for even a low priced home, unless they assumed a loan, but where did they get a big chuck of money to pay down.

I'm still curious about how BD and Clint got the house paid off so quickly since it usually takes at least 20 years. She claims he never worked, and was a nurse at one time, so maybe they made larger payments? It seems awfully quick a pay off for even a low priced home, unless they assumed a loan, but where did they get a big chuck of money to pay down.

That is a really good question. I thought about that a while back, and never came up with an answer.

What year did they buy the house?

I'm just assuming that they didn't own the house too awfully long since she already had the 16 year old and Haylie is only 13. I'm forgetting about rent to own homes though. Some of those can be purchased with a couple of thousand down and pay off in maybe 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine