Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goody said:
The claim about her night shirt was that it was put into the paper bag while still wet and as it folded it could have transferred blood that only looked like it was cast off. I don't buy that because transferred blood would not look like it had flown through the air and landed on it with a little tail pointing one way or the other. Surely the blood experts can tell the difference between transfers and actual droplets. That has to be pretty much blood spatter 101, you would think.

Damon's pants and shirt were put into the same bag, separate from Darlie's night shirt. That comes with a lot of criticism too but I don't believe his clothing was used that much in any critical area of the evidence.
Yeah, that is what I mean. I have heard Henry Lee speak on the different kinds of blood evidence. He did an hour special. It was really interesting. He did several demonstrations and it was real easy to see the difference between the different types of blood patterns. They talked a lot about cast off blood and how it looks. They showed how you could even tell whether the murderer was right or left handed. Did anyone else see this special?

Dani_T said:
However, Officer Hamilton went into great detail about everything he dusted at the scene and the knife block was NOT mentioned at all. Perhaps because it was the one tangible thing they knew the intruder must have gone near and touched because he took the butchers knife out of it and because it was portable they took it back to the lab to run all the tests on it there. Who knows. In any case there is absolutely no evidential chain between the brush that was used on the windows and the one used on the knife block.

Not to mention the fact that the fibers from the fingerprint brush used at the crime scene were 25% larger in diameter than the screen fibers.

Also, the screen fibers were found in the serrated grooves of the bread knife, which means they didn't just simply fall off someone's hands or clothing. They got there when Darlie cut the screen with the bread knife.

I agree with you, Dani. If there's a smoking gun in this case, the bread knife wins first prize, because it's the one piece of evidence that cannot possibly be explained away. That sucker is written in stone :D

Mary456 said:
Not to mention the fact that the fibers from the fingerprint brush used at the crime scene were 25% larger in diameter than the screen fibers.

Also, the screen fibers were found in the serrated grooves of the bread knife, which means they didn't just simply fall off someone's hands or clothing. They got there when Darlie cut the screen with the bread knife.

I agree with you, Dani. If there's a smoking gun in this case, the bread knife wins first prize, because it's the one piece of evidence that cannot possibly be explained away. That sucker is written in stone :D

Thanks for pointing out that other affidavit Mary. I don't think I knew about that one (or else I had completely forgotten!).

deandaniellws said:
Yeah, that is what I mean. I have heard Henry Lee speak on the different kinds of blood evidence. He did an hour special. It was really interesting. He did several demonstrations and it was real easy to see the difference between the different types of blood patterns. They talked a lot about cast off blood and how it looks. They showed how you could even tell whether the murderer was right or left handed. Did anyone else see this special?
I saw him in a profile about a case where a baseball bat was the murder weapon and he used the same principles in that case as Bevel used in Darlie's. I also learned somewhere along the way that Bevel and Dr Lee had taught at the same seminars for policemen all across the country. (I believe it is held in Knoxville, Tennessee.) I can't remember which one of them hosts the annual training sessions, but it puts both of them pretty high up there in the country's leading forensic experts. It is sometimes hard for lay people to grasp the importance of the tests they do to recreate some of these acts, but when they are all using the same formulas or patterns of discovery, it is obviously much more important that it might appear. Sometimes simple is better.

Dani_T said:
Thanks for pointing out that other affidavit Mary. I don't think I knew about that one (or else I had completely forgotten!).
What other affidavit? I didn't see anything about another aff. Did I miss something?

SnootyVixen said:
Red Alert: post #2511-19-2005, 12:19 PM
SnootyVixen
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_886169", true);
Did she do it or not? I don know. But I think maybe no
Bloodstains on the Jeans of Darin:

Have you changed your mind since the first post above?

Mary456 said:
This would not matter if the screen fiber were carried to the knife block and dropped there when dusting it.

Mary456 said:
Are you sure the fiber was found in the serated edge? I thought it was found in the bottom of the butcher block.

deandaniellws said:
I saw one of his cases where somebody was murdered with a spindle. He solved the case by studying the cast-off blood on the killer's clothes and on the walls. It was that which made the killer confess.

Goody said:
Are you sure the fiber was found in the serated edge? I thought it was found in the bottom of the butcher block.
Goody, yes it was found on the serrated edge, as per Parker's testimony:

22 what Mr. Linch had told them, was that he had, after the
23 knife had been processed for fingerprints, that he had
24 examined the serrated blade of the knife, and in some
25 area, approximately one inch in from the point and
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR., Official Court Reporter

1 approximately five inches from the point -- in this area
2 right in here -- that he had found a fiberglass -- what
3 appeared to him to be a part of a fiberglass rod, and
4 that the screen threads, the threads of the screen that
5 made up the -- made up the fabric screen on that window,
6 that each of those threads had approximately 50
7 fiberglass rods in it, and that they were covered with a
8 rubber-like PVC material. And that he found one of those
9 fiberglass rods on that knife, and found some rubber
10 dust.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-45.php

beesy said:
I saw one of his cases where somebody was murdered with a spindle. He solved the case by studying the cast-off blood on the killer's clothes and on the walls. It was that which made the killer confess.
Yes, I saw that one,too. It was the spindle from a wooden bannister railing on the staircase, wasn't it? Another time when the same principle for cast off blood, its direction, size and shape told the story.

beesy said:
Goody, yes it was found on the serrated edge, as per Parker's testimony:

22 what Mr. Linch had told them, was that he had, after the
23 knife had been processed for fingerprints, that he had
24 examined the serrated blade of the knife, and in some
25 area, approximately one inch in from the point and
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR., Official Court Reporter

1 approximately five inches from the point -- in this area
2 right in here -- that he had found a fiberglass -- what
3 appeared to him to be a part of a fiberglass rod, and
4 that the screen threads, the threads of the screen that
5 made up the -- made up the fabric screen on that window,
6 that each of those threads had approximately 50
7 fiberglass rods in it, and that they were covered with a
8 rubber-like PVC material. And that he found one of those
9 fiberglass rods on that knife, and found some rubber
10 dust.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-45.php
Did Linch not address it in his testimony? Is this Parker the same Parker who tried to get a confession out of Darlie? Or was that a guy named Parks? Dern....Goody's getting foggy again. LOL! Think I will head for bed.

Goody said:
What other affidavit? I didn't see anything about another aff. Did I miss something?

See message 68 in this thread, Goody. The butcher block & knives weren't dusted at the scene; they were dusted later at the crime lab by Roger Smith.

Goody said:

Linch testified that he saw "fibrous debris within the knife serrations." He said basically the same thing in his Writ affidavit: "The serration grooves in knife #4 (bread knife) contained debris consisting of microscopic rubber dust and a microscopic fiberglass rod fragment (consistent with the screen)."

This discussion is starting to jog my memory, lol. Linch also did a test cut on another garage screen, using the bread knife, and it picked up the same type of debris that he originally found on the knife. :eek:

You brought up an interesting point, though. I've always wondered if they turned the butcher block upside down to see what might fall out. Heck, maybe there's still screen debris in slot #4! (That's a pretty logical step, though, so I'm assuming they did try to recover more of the material & weren't successful).

Mary456 said:
See message 68 in this thread, Goody. The butcher block & knives weren't dusted at the scene; they were dusted later at the crime lab by Roger Smith.
Boy, Jeff got away with a lot many moons ago, didn't he? Shoots his theory all to haites, doesn't it? LOL

Goody said:
Yes, I saw that one,too. It was the spindle from a wooden bannister railing on the staircase, wasn't it? Another time when the same principle for cast off blood, its direction, size and shape told the story.
Yes, it was. I think I remember you and I discussing it right after it came on. I asked you what the heck a spindle was :waitasec:

Goody said:
Did Linch not address it in his testimony? Is this Parker the same Parker who tried to get a confession out of Darlie? Or was that a guy named Parks? Dern....Goody's getting foggy again. LOL! Think I will head for bed.
yes, same dude. The section I posted was cross by Mulder. In fact, those are Mulder's words addressing Parker. It's dripping with sarcasm.

Mary456 said:
You brought up an interesting point, though. I've always wondered if they turned the butcher block upside down to see what might fall out. Heck, maybe there's still screen debris in slot #4! (That's a pretty logical step, though, so I'm assuming they did try to recover more of the material & weren't successful).
Ooooh, what a creepy thought, that there could be more evidence sitting right there

SnootyVixen said:
There was no reason at all for you to say this to me. I have said over and over and over and over here that I am quite proficient in English. It is much more easy for me to speak and listen than to write but I can write fine if I try hard. To be honest I think that all of my posts have been understandable. Some people seem just to like to pick on someone not American. I think Americans are coming to be like the French. They also will not tolerate some one to speak French and it be not perfect. But just see how bad their own accent is when they speak another language. I have said this before and let it go when it happen again but I say again to all who read here that I willl not explain or defend myself again on this matter. I think every person who has posted about this should feel shame for making me get so upset over and over just because english is a learned language for me. I am sorry to say such a harsh thing but it is how I am feeling.

Snooty, give me a break please. ALL of us have said time and time again that the ONLY problem we have with you is your ability to go back and forth from being able to understand English perfectly when you want to not being able to when you don't want to. Enough on the topic already.

beesy said:
Yes, it was. I think I remember you and I discussing it right after it came on. I asked you what the heck a spindle was :waitasec:
It took me a while to figure it out, too. I don't think I did until they showed Dr Lee or the other guy with the wooden piece from the bannister railing. I kept thinking a spindle was one of those old timey things they wrapped thread around. It spins around like a top. LOL!

beesy said:
Ooooh, what a creepy thought, that there could be more evidence sitting right there
It will never be known unless there is another trial. That is not looking too good, but I will bet there are things there they could still look a little deeper into if the truth is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle