Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SnootyVixen said:
Well, you can ponder them as you will. I will ponder other things.You have decided to believe this. But what evdence do you have that support this? The criminal investigation did not find this evidence.

No, this is a theory. Many times the actual mechanics of a crime are unknown except to those who were there. I took the evidence which has been proven and put my own interpretation on it. That's why it's a theory. Many people believe Darin didn't have any part of it. I happen to think he was more involved than some simple lies. My theory, which I constructed from brainstorming on this forum, still makes more sense than an unknown intruder IMO..That's the fun of sleuthing! I can back up the evidence I used and I made sure to say that it's just a theory. Gives one something to ponder, as you say. I'm always open to other theories. And I'd like to be corrected if my facts are wrong, not my theories, but the facts.

Desilu said:
Whilst digging around the internet looking for information, I came across an intriguing timeline. I believe this poster is from here also, and this timeline has probably been shared before, but I found it interesting. I have condensed some of it, and clarified, for myself, other portions. It can be found in its entirety here http://on.starblvd.net/meet/Current_Events_and_News/savannah:archives/

Routier Crime Timeline
Author: JonGalt 4/12/02

0151: Darlie stabs Damon in her first attack. During this attack, she stabs herself in her own right arm. She stabs Damon with wound one and two.

Things made up so that Darlie the guilty one. No evidence of this.

0155: Darlie stabs Devon who has woken up during his brother's attack. He is stabbed the first time, stabber's face to his front. Wound #1 is the first one delivered. Wound #2 is delivered as Devon is face up on the carpet, most likely dying, with the attacker at his head, mostly likely on the knees, stabbing downward and across the torso. NOTE: This is the only wound in which the stabbing is reversed. It is also delivered prior to his actual death.

I agree with this totally with the exception that there is no evidence that the hand holding the stabbing knife was the hand of Darlie. No evidence.

0156: Devon is dead.

0157: Darlie paces and thinks how to handle the situation. She paces from Devon to the front door. She decided to 'clean up' what evidence she can. She goes to the kitchen.

Could it be that the footprints of Darlie go to the front door because she did that to call for Karen? The call for Karen is a thing for which there is evidence.

0205: Darlie begins wetting towels to wash areas of the couch and sink. The towels are half dry, and half wet ... the dry part being used to wipe away any leftover water smears. She leaves the towels in various areas of the living room as she realizes she continues to bleed and cannot clean more than flat surfaces.

I see no evidence of any attempt to clean anything. To include the sink.

0210: Darlie sits on the trunk by the front door, removes the socks and puts on Darin's high top sneakers. She sprints out the front door and drops the sock 75 yards away and returns to the house where she slips out of the laced up sneakers.

The blood drop evidence at the front door does not support this.

0212: She enters the kitchen and rinses the knife and tries to cut her own throat, but stops due to the pain. She rinses out the sink basin. She only uses one side of the sink, as the baby bottle is still upright.

More made up with no evidence material that has to be made up to make Darlie the guilty one. Anything made up should have evidence to support it at least a little.

0222: Darlie tips the coffee table and deposits a fairly large amount of blood there. She grabs the bread knife.

Why she not get blood on the bread knife. She seem to be spilling it everywhere other than the breadknife. Why?

0225: Darlie enters the utility room to get the towel she uses for her own wounds. She is dropping blood freely in the utility room.

But none get on the knife in her hand?

0227: She holds/wraps towels to her wounds as she cuts the garage screen and leaves a small amount of blood in the garage.

A small amount of blood that the evidence says is shaped as if from a shoe. Not a barefoot Darlie.

0230: She notices Damon has crawled from where she first stabbed him and is moving towards the door. (During this time he has tried to stand by using a glass top table leaving his print in Darlie's blood). She is winded and wounded, but she reaches him, lays down the knife in order to get a hold of him with both hands. She picks the knife up again and delivers hesitation wounds, one and two. She also delivers wound #4. She then switches hands and delivers wound #3.

No evidence to support this. And since this written the fingerprint determined NOT to be from Damon. What does that do to the theory?

0231: She lays down the knife on the counter & smashes wine glass. She calls 911. Darin comes downstairs.

0235: Officer enters home.

I agree that evidence support officer enters home.

beesy said:
[/b]
No, this is a theory. Many times the actual mechanics of a crime are unknown except to those who were there. I took the evidence which has been proven and put my own interpretation on it. That's why it's a theory. Many people believe Darin didn't have any part of it. I happen to think he was more involved than some simple lies. My theory, which I constructed from brainstorming on this forum, still makes more sense than an unknown intruder IMO..That's the fun of sleuthing! I can back up the evidence I used and I made sure to say that it's just a theory. Gives one something to ponder, as you say. I'm always open to other theories. And I'd like to be corrected if my facts are wrong, not my theories, but the facts.

Yes, I understand this Beesy. We can ponder some things together. I cannot even read another thread at this exact time because I must be away from the computer for a while but I WILL BE BACK TO PONDER WITH YOU.
That was an attempt at humor. Did it appear so to you?

Could it be that the footprints of Darlie go to the front door because she did that to call for Karen? The call for Karen is a thing for which there is evidence.

I don't buy that hogwash for a moment. Screaming out a front door to your neighbor locked inside their home asleep. I think she may have yelled Darin, not Karen on the 911 tape.

I see no evidence of any attempt to clean anything. To include the sink.

Of course there is evidence of this. The Luminol showed blood had been wiped up and washed away. As well as blood that had dripped down inside the cabinets.

The blood drop evidence at the front door does not support this.

Their are blood drops on the shoes. She was dripping. I can see this happening.

The rest of this is purely speclative Snooty. Only a way to work a timelime for the murders with the second attack included. I wasn't posting this as evidence, just another way to approach it.

SnootyVixen said:
No person of scientific involvement with the evidence of this case has said anything about a second attack on Damon. That is just something that has been decided by some posters because it is very hard to make Darlie the murderer unless you say that. I think you probably already know what I think about making up things to make Darlie the guilty one. There should not be a need for that. If she is guilty then the evidence should prove it and not by making up things that no one says ever happened

No, Darlie can still be the killer without the 2nd attack theory. What this theory does is INCLUDE Darin in the murders. Darlie can be the killer in the 2nd attack theory also. She stabs Damon again when she sees he's still alive.
You have decided to believe this. But what evdence do you have that support this? The criminal investigation did not find this evidence
Actually, there is evidence of a 2nd attack theory. If an intruder attacked the boys first and then their mother, which is what she says, then the intruder runs away with Darlie following him, then Darlie sceams and calls 911. The first PO arrives at over 3 mins. into the phone call. The cororner guessed that Damon could have lived about 10 mins. after his fatal wound. Damon is still alive when the 2nd PO arrives, while they do a cursory search and then still when the medics arrive and then still about another minute only to die in the arms of the medic.
Yes, but those therors and brainstormings should be based on some of the evidence I think. Elsewise this becomes merely a form of entertainment

These theories are based on facts. And actually this forum is a form of entertainment. Are we changing the world here? Nope!
This is so similar to many of the posts I have read in the past that I can not believe it to be an origional thought. I think others have convince you of this.

That's not very nice. I'm not a robot. I bought and read the 4 books about Darlie when they came out in the late '90s. I went to her site many times before coming here. I listened to the 911 tape, read much of the transcripts and stared at the photos before coming here. I believed Darlie did it WHEN I came here, not after. Go back and read my very first post from June of '05 and you'll see. This is not a black and white case though. I had many unanswered questions. I have learned alot from this forum and I've enjoyed it. I have done my own research, thought my own thoughts and come to my own conclusions.
As to the cleaning? I can only laught. There was no cleaning. All you have to do it gaze upon the photos of the crime scene to know there was no cleaning. What could she possibly have been cleaning? And for what reason

Luminol detected blood which had been washed away in the sink and on the counter top. It was in a swirl pattern which is indicative of wiping up blood, not spilling blood. Luminol also picked up a bloody handprint and sort of a butt print from the sofa which had been wiped away.
And do you think that Darlie would be thinking of the air condition and whould Karen hear her. Or do you accept the possiblilty that Karen was the only person she could imagine could help her children and she yell for her but can not do more? She can not telephone her as she is already telephoning the emergency woman. She could have left and run across the street I think and maybe she should have done it.

Yes, I do. She lived there didn't she? Darlie should have done alot of things. She should have sent Darin across the street. But wait, Darin was busy giving CPR to his obviously dead son, while the other one lay several feet away, choking on his own blood. Darlie did not mention wetting towels until she did the walk-thru with LE and saw they had taken the kitchen sink. Even Darlie says all she did was put a wet towel on Damon's back. She says she didn't apply pressure or hold Damon at all. Walling tried to tell her to help Damon(you can hear it on the tape), but she continued running around fussing about ruined fingerprints. Walling said Damon was awake looking up at him for help. As a PO he felt his job was to guard the family, not administer aid. But, Darlie was free to help him and she didn't.

SnootyVixen said:
Yes, I understand this Beesy. We can ponder some things together. I cannot even read another thread at this exact time because I must be away from the computer for a while but I WILL BE BACK TO PONDER WITH YOU.
That was an attempt at humor. Did it appear so to you?
um, not really

Goody said:
Yeah, but 80% of that blood is Darlie's, not the boys. So go back and look at it again, and then tell me how much chaos you really see. I just see someone walking back and forth between the rooms to do something unknown. Devon never moved after he was stabbed so his blood just pooled beneath him. Hardly any is even around his body. Most was under it. More of Damon's is present, but most of it is on the wall where he was found and beneath him where he laid as he slowly bled out, too. There is some at the first location near the foot of the couch where Darlie laid, too. But that is pretty much it for their blood. All the rest is hers. As the experts say, let the evidence lead you instead of you looking for things to prove your feelings right.

Speaking of the wall near where Damon was found...

The police took it didn't they? Did anything come up at trial regarding it? I can't remember it doing so. I wonder whether it is one of the additional pieces of evidence which they held back. Perhaps it has cast-off or spatter on it which indicates Damon was stabbed at least once where he was found. That would ruin any chances Darlie has of convincing anyone that she is innocent.

nd if some person be so angry at Darlie as to desire to kill her and break in her house to do so and find the little children then I also know that there are horrible monster people who will kill a child and not care.

If someone was so angry at Darlie that he wanted to kill her then don't you think he would have done that instead of viciously murdering her two sons and then making a shallow cut across her neck and leaving her. And before you say that he thought she was dead there is NO WAY that intruder could not have known she was alive. According to Darlie (in one of the few consistent parts of her story) he was only 6 or so feet away from her when Damon woke her up (supposedly by calling for her- which he could not have failed to hear... but she's changed that no hasn't she. He doesn't call her in the latest incarnation does he?). The intruder was IN the kitchen when she got up to follow him and told Damon to stay where he was (oh that's right... now she has changed that story also to say that she didn't actually speak to him *snort*), he was IN the U-room when she walked through the kitchen and turned back to turn the light on. He was not out of the house before the kitchen light went on.

There is NO WAY he would have been unaware of her behind him. If you look at her testimony and also her diagram in 'In Her Own Words' it just doesn't add up Snooty.

Furthermore what do you think a standard response would be to be woken up by your child in the middle of the night and to see an intruder in your house. Would anyone seriously get up, put their child to the side and FOLLOW him? Any normal person would grab their child, put their hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet and watch the unknown intruder exit the house before grabbing the phone and calling 911. No sane person would FOLLOW an intruder out through the house, especially when they had two little boys to protect. She didn't even check on Devon before she starts following him. She didn't know if there was anyone else in the house. Again- it doesn't add up. It just is not within the realm of realistic behaviour- especially for a WOMAN. You DO NOT want to draw attention to yourself. You DO NOT make any noise. You DO NOT turn on a light before he has exited the house. It just doesn't happen.

beesy said:
I know and I hate that part where she starts saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" It sounds so fake. It really annoys me.
I agree with you that she chooses to answer some things and not others. She throws in a couple of "Oh my god's" and ignores the Q. And she stays on the phone too dang long. The 911 operators usually want the person to stay on the line until help arrives. Darlie was still on the phone nearly 2 mins. after the first PO arrived. The operator had to tell her to get off the phone and let him in the door. Of course, that's when she started worrying about possibly ruining any fingerprints on the knife. Guilty people explain why evidence is missing without being asked because they know there is no evidence.
Funny you should mention that. I was listening to another 911 tape in another case and that person was doing the same thing. Anytime there was a pause in the communication, he would fill it in with thte OMGs. He was convicted too. (Can't remember which case it was though but everybody has probably heard 911 calls that they compare to Darlie's.)

SnootyVixen said:
But you do see, do you not, that we actually do not know that the insurance fraud was a ploy. Perhaps that is your choice to believe but the matter was presented that it actually happened. For myself I have not found anything said that would convice me that it was a ploy. I am aware of the fact that many say they believe this but I do not have an idea where they get the proof to believe this. I can not find it.
LOL! Other than the fact that there is not one shred of evidence proving that any of it EVER happened. To believe this, you have to just take Darin's word for it. Not only just his word for this but for the past scam that supposedly got his Jag stolen. Not one shred of evidence that ever happened either....again just Darin's word and the way he desribes that it sounds like he the so-called thief took something Darin said in jest seriously and took the car erroneously. If it was a scam, there would be police records of the theft and insurance records of their investigation and pay off. But not a word of that has ever been offered.

Dani_T said:

The police took it didn't they? Did anything come up at trial regarding it? I can't remember it doing so. I wonder whether it is one of the additional pieces of evidence which they held back. Perhaps it has cast-off or spatter on it which indicates Damon was stabbed at least once where he was found. That would ruin any chances Darlie has of convincing anyone that she is innocent.
As I recall, there was testimony about the blood on that wall being from the second attack on Damon. I don't recall what the testimony was in detail though or who gave it.

Dani_T said:
If someone was so angry at Darlie that he wanted to kill her then don't you think he would have done that instead of viciously murdering her two sons and then making a shallow cut across her neck and leaving her. And before you say that he thought she was dead there is NO WAY that intruder could not have known she was alive. According to Darlie (in one of the few consistent parts of her story) he was only 6 or so feet away from her when Damon woke her up (supposedly by calling for her- which he could not have failed to hear... but she's changed that no hasn't she. He doesn't call her in the latest incarnation does he?). The intruder was IN the kitchen when she got up to follow him and told Damon to stay where he was (oh that's right... now she has changed that story also to say that she didn't actually speak to him *snort*), he was IN the U-room when she walked through the kitchen and turned back to turn the light on. He was not out of the house before the kitchen light went on.

There is NO WAY he would have been unaware of her behind him. If you look at her testimony and also her diagram in 'In Her Own Words' it just doesn't add up Snooty.

Furthermore what do you think a standard response would be to be woken up by your child in the middle of the night and to see an intruder in your house. Would anyone seriously get up, put their child to the side and FOLLOW him? Any normal person would grab their child, put their hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet and watch the unknown intruder exit the house before grabbing the phone and calling 911. No sane person would FOLLOW an intruder out through the house, especially when they had two little boys to protect. She didn't even check on Devon before she starts following him. She didn't know if there was anyone else in the house. Again- it doesn't add up. It just is not within the realm of realistic behaviour- especially for a WOMAN. You DO NOT want to draw attention to yourself. You DO NOT make any noise. You DO NOT turn on a light before he has exited the house. It just doesn't happen.

By the way Snooty, I do have to agree with some others on how you swing between perfectly structured and grammatical english in some posts and the other extreme in the other posts...
According to her own testimony and statements, she didn't even go near Devon yet she was most concerned about him. She checks Damon, and in later versions says she lifted up Damon's shirt to see his wounds, but she isn't concerned about that. She is all hysterical about the one across the room that she didn't check on. :rolleyes: Right. And there's that oceanfront property in the Swiss Alps for sale at bargain prices. LOL!

SnootyVixen said:
Well I do, but I respect your opinion as yours. Many feel as you do.
SnootyVixen said:
I am not aware of this information being from the police. I do believe that when a person suffers a terrible trauma of whatever the cause, the memory of it is not ever clear and concise. I do not find it in me to fault Darlie on this material you have presented. I do not think it is material to the case. In the case of myself Darlie is granted the permission to have memory loss and come back in bits and peices because just for me I consider this to be normal..
Whether Darlie had TA or not is very RELEVANT to the case. It is at the core of story. If she had it, she can't be expected to know what happened to the children. If she didn't, she is lying about what she knows, and if she is lying, she is guilty of something.

And it is okay for memory to come back in bits and pieces. It just doesn't get lost in bits and pieces when you have TA. TA is a memory block and it blocks periods of time. If you have TA because of an emotional trauma, you are going to lose memory of the events and incidents during a specific period. You don't lost a little here and some there but remember some in between. That is suggests the person is lying.

SnootyVixen said:
This is something that you have decide to believe. You alone know the reason you decide this. But I think that you could possibluy be wrong. I don't think you or I know what is expected from a grieving mother. .
I think I have some idea.

SnootyVixen said:
I did a time ago research it very thoroughly and am aware that all articles found do not say the same thing about this subject. However I think that there are some things that can be learned from the research. While it may be true that such a thing is rare that alone does not preclude it being present in the case of Darlie.
Recovery of these lost memory is often done during the process of hypnosis. I do not find it unusual that she would remember more in that state.

I don't have a problem with her gaining some memory back thru hypnotism, but usually if one regains memory that way they continue with more sessions to regain as much as they can. I mean, can it be anymore important to do so than to save one's own life?????

SnootyVixen said:
But a thing to be remember by all of us is that we all may have these instances in our own lives. For one example I can only offer an automobile accident in which the memory of the loss of control and the spinning around is there, but there is no memory at all of the crash or the immediate afterwards. The memory begins again when I remember a person reaching into the motorcar and turning off the motor then pulling me from the car. I remember everything after that. Well now I think this is not truth. I can sort of remember being in the hospital for treatment but not too much. I could not tell you just what they do to me or describe what the hospital people look like. I remember that it was a male who took me from the crash but I do not remember anything about how he look. I can not describe him to you. Many years have passed and the memory of the crash and what happen to me during the crash have never returned. Is this traumatic amnesia? Maybe but I don't know for sure. I did not injure my head in the crash.
But from my own research I believe such a thing is a real thing. I don't know whether or not Darlie has it but maybe she could. She as much as anyone else could have it, no?.
It depends. If you hit your head hard enough, it probably is,but that type of TA is very different from emotional TA.

I don't believe she ever did suffer from TA. I think that is something her atty came up with to explain why she didn't wake up when the kids were butchered right next to her.

SnootyVixen said:
This is your belief. But I don't think that your belief can be not challenged. What reasons do you have for not believing her. My recolling of the trial is that it was not her attorney who say she have it but it was the psychiatrist that examine her. I was much impress with the testimony of this doctor. She testify to many things which would point to Darlie innocent. But you can choose not to believe of course. All have free choice in what to think about this case.

She does not reflect one who truly suffers from it. Her memory fading in and out is melodramatic and not symptomatic of people who suffer from TA. She says too many things that appear to be efforts to make her story match up with the evidence, rather than her just making an effort to tell what she knows.

SnootyVixen said:
Please understand here that I mean no personal disrespect. I have read many who say the same thing. But I do not believe at all that she sleep through what happen.

Neither does anyone else, but that was her original story.

SnootyVixen said:
I think it is just a bit ..... well I think and think and can not think of the word but it means that it is a simple thing to belive not one of intelligence. This sound bad I know and I try to think of softer word but I can not. But I am not being disrespectful of anyone I hope all understand.

No comprende.

SnootyVixen said:
But there could be good reason why she can not recall the attack or who did it. And high stress level can make anyone have memory mistakes.{/QUOTE]
So can lies.
SnootyVixen said:
SnootyVixen said:
This is not a fair thing to think of her I believe. I can not imagine the feelings or stress I would have if I endured something traumatic like that and then was made to get into the box and make the testimony about it. I have tried to put myself in her place but can not do it. Nor do I think you or others can do it. A thing to remember is that even a mother who stab her child to death have to have a high stress level afteward and to talk about it in a court can make this stress even for a guilty person.

Interesting then why so many of them can remember every last detail when they confess.

Desilu said:

I don't buy that hogwash for a moment. Screaming out a front door to your neighbor locked inside their home asleep. I think she may have yelled Darin, not Karen on the 911 tape.

Yippeee! I am clicking my heels tonight. I thought I was the only one who figured that one out. In case you don't get it yet, I am agreeing with you. I think it is so obvious that is who she has to be calling for. Have for a long time.

Dani_T said:

Yet I do not find it easy to believe that thd prosecution would hold that back. What are these additional peices of evidence they are supposed to have held in reserfe? Try to help Darlie a little maybe?

Dani_T said:

This here is what I do not understand. Where do you get all the information as to where this intruder was and so on? You don't know. You get it from the words of someone in shock and from the words of posters here and there.
But this kind of thing is the things that need to be pondered a bit. Some things make a logical sense and some do not. I have also read what Darlie has to say regarding this and it is just not clear from her words just what happen and when. You can choose to believe the words of the multiple others who tell that Darlie say this and that if you want to. I choose not to. When something is so mixed up and the tales so very different then I say it is better to discount them all. Go with what you see rather than what you hear from various people who were not there.

Again I am not as certain as you. I do not know his mental state while leaving. I do not know where he was located in relationship to Darlie. There are many variables that none of us know about this.

But I do want to say that I respect your right to think as you wish.

Furthermore what do you think a standard response would be to be woken up by your child in the middle of the night and to see an intruder in your house.

Do you think there is a standard response?

Would anyone seriously get up, put their child to the side and FOLLOW him? Any normal person would grab their child, put their hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet and watch the unknown intruder exit the house before grabbing the phone and calling 911. No sane person would FOLLOW an intruder out through the house, especially when they had two little boys to protect. She didn't even check on Devon before she starts following him. She didn't know if there was anyone else in the house. Again- it doesn't add up. It just is not within the realm of realistic behaviour- especially for a WOMAN. You DO NOT want to draw attention to yourself. You DO NOT make any noise. You DO NOT turn on a light before he has exited the house. It just doesn't happen.

Dani, people to include women behave in all kinds of different ways. You are limiting yourself here by being so firm in your belief that you have figure out the way people would behave. Not should behave but would behave.

By the way Snooty, I do have to agree with some others on how you swing between perfectly structured and grammatical english in some posts and the other extreme in the other posts...

I have to give a big sigh here and say yes Dani we have been discussing this for many days now. I am glad to see it did not escape your eyes also.

SnootyVixen said:
I had hopes. But you can see what I say about the humor when using a second language.
Well, I'll take your word for it and
71.gif
...there, better?

Goody said:
Yippeee! I am clicking my heels tonight. I thought I was the only one who figured that one out. In case you don't get it yet, I am agreeing with you. I think it is so obvious that is who she has to be calling for. Have for a long time.
Excuse me Miss Goody, but I presented this idea to you long ago. You agreed as did several others. I said it again a few posts above. There is no doubt in my mind that she's screaming Darin's name. You need to up your Alzheimer's pills girl. We already ran this one into the rug.

SnootyVixen said:
Yet I do not find it easy to believe that thd prosecution would hold that back. What are these additional peices of evidence they are supposed to have held in reserfe? Try to help Darlie a little maybe?

No. I'm pretty sure they have gone on record in various places that they didn't present all the evidence they had against her at her trial in the event that she wasn't convicted (in which case they had the option of going after her for Devon's murder) or it resulted in a hung jury etc. Apart from that being just common sense, I have had personal confirmation from someone involved in the case that there is more incriminating evidence which was not produced at her trial.

I'm sure a lot of the stuff we discuss (eg. what about the wall, what about the blood on the U-room door perhaps even the fingerprint/s) is stuff the prosecution and police were well aware of and didn't present at her trial in the event that they had to retry her for Damon or try her for Devon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab