DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: Whitney Houston's ailing daughter has tracheostomy

By JONATHAN LANDRUM Jr., AP
3 hours ago

ATLANTA (AP) — Doctors have replaced Bobbi Kristina Brown's breathing tube with a tube usually used for patients who need to be on a ventilator for an extended period, a person close to the family said Thursday.

The 21-year-old's breathing tube was replaced with a tracheostomy tube, the person, who is not authorized to speak on Brown's condition, told The Associated Press. A tracheostomy, which involves cutting into a patient's neck, is often performed on patients who need to be on a ventilator for an extended period.

The surgery comes nearly three weeks after Whitney Houston's daughter was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub of her Georgia home...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20150219/US--Bobbi.Kristina.Brown-Nick.Gordon/

Anderson had Dr. Sanjay on and he said she was put into a medical induced coma to allow the brain to heal. So with my previous post, it doesn't sound like her family even knows if she has brain activity or not. Wouldn't you think she would have had at least one or two brain scans to see what damage is done? MOO.

I had lunch today with my friend, who is a critical care RN. I asked her about BK and the medically induced coma. I cannot explain her answer with the correct medical terms, but she basically said, in her opinion, that the medical team would have already taken her out, at least partially, or attempted to take her out,of the induced coma. She said they would have 'experimented' with her meds to see if she could be safely taken out of her coma. And they would have done some tests to see what her condition was. And she said the fact that she has not been already taken out of the coma, is a very bad sign. She said that if the brain swelling had reduced and her functions had returned somewhat, they would have already allowed her to regain consciousness slowly. But often, in cases of lack of oxygen, the brain does not regain the ability to do so. That is what she thinks is going on. She thinks the family is being slow to accept the inevitable. :rose:

He adds that waiting ten to fourteen days until this next step is taken is standard. "You wait to see if the patient recovers their breathing function and if the patient does not recover, and if you think the patient might need to have a ventilator long-term, then you do the tracheostomy."
http://www.people.com/article/bobbi-kristina-brown-tracheotomy-explanation

so they did it 2 weeks ago, what does that tell us?

Whitney Houston’s Millions: What Bobbi Kristina Brown May Leave Behind and Who Stands to Gain

A couple of lawyers (not involved) give their opinions. Of note, the following quote:

A wild card in landing Gordon the entirety of Bobbi Kristina’s current assets would be if her legal team had drafted a will and testament naming him as her heir, Givner explained.

He then goes on to say:

But when asked how often he has encountered a 21-year-old with an estate plan, Givner said, “never.”

In THIS case, imo, 'someone' should have insisted on BK having such a plan, for her own protection if for nothing else. Most 21-yr olds don't have estates approaching $2M.

~jmo~

Whitney Houston’s Millions: What Bobbi Kristina Brown May Leave Behind and Who Stands to Gain

A couple of lawyers (not involved) give their opinions. Of note, the following quote:

A wild card in landing Gordon the entirety of Bobbi Kristina’s current assets would be if her legal team had drafted a will and testament naming him as her heir, Givner explained.

He then goes on to say:

But when asked how often he has encountered a 21-year-old with an estate plan, Givner said, “never.”

In THIS case, imo, 'someone' should have insisted on BK having such a plan, for her own protection if for nothing else. Most 21-yr olds don't have estates approaching $2M.

~jmo~

And say IF BK did make out a will and left her estate to NG, BK's family can contest the will. Whether that is the case or whether they would contest may come out later. MOO.

And say IF BK did make out a will and left her estate to NG, BK's family can contest the will. Whether that is the case or whether they would contest may come out later. MOO.

esp. if NG is involved with what happened to her.

God Bless baby Krissi. So sad for her and for her dad. Sending my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if said Will contained a No-Contest clause? Too early even to discuss right now, but might be an issue if BK did in fact have a Will at all.

~jmo~

watching Dr. Drew now......

come on.......life in a vegetative state????????....I didn't want my dad to spend the rest of his life in a nursing home with no hands....?????...imagine waking up with no hands.....no home life....no brain activity they said....though after the "pulled the plug"....he did react to my voice......"everything is good"..."its ok"...."you're gonna be fine "........

they should let that poor baby go......she is not living life......not in a bed..not like this.....moo..this is all about the money.....guilt....etc..moo

they are not thinking about this poor girl......who looked more like Whitney year to year IMO. She definitely has WH's eyes.......beautiful.

t/o.....My mom had that kind of prominent gap till she turned 50.....she had it filled in I guess...I wish she didn't change it.

How long should a Patient be on a ventilator before having a Tracheostomy?

Informative video. MOO.
http://intensivecarehotline.com/how...on-a-ventilator-before-having-a-tracheostomy/

your critically ill loved one need to patient to a point and you also need to start thinking about alternatives, if your critically ill loved one stays in Intensive Care for too long. Again, as a rule of thumb, everything above 4 weeks ventilator dependent is far too long and generally requires an alternative approach. BBM

He then goes on to say:

~jmo~

But for Gordon to inherit that would depend on her having a will naming him AND a judge overthrowing WH's stipulation holding things in trust and leaving things as she choose. Could be a long expensive fight. But IMO NAL opinion, There would only be what is left of BK's personal estate and nothing beyond (ie. WH estate remaining disbursements as stipulated).

There are so many facts that have not been reported I think. Example:
What was her body temp. when the brought her in to Emergency?
Did she have water in her lungs?
As someone mentioned above they have to have done a EEG on her to see if she had brain activity.
You know they have done extensive blood work that will reveal most of the info they needed to make the proper diagnose.
Surely they have checked for a drug overdose.
She was put on a vent. etc. because she was unresponsive. They wouldnt just slap her on a vent without trying to determine why she was unresponsive

Hasn't it also become a criminal investigation? Maybe information is not being released for that reason.
All this is just my opinion and putting my thoughts down for comments from you guys.

IMO the big question is, is BK brain dead? Has this been officially announced or rumour at this point? It's been claimed that medical staff or EMT was able to revive her. Is she showing signs like opening her eyes, squeezing their hands, nodding her head, responding to commands? This information we do not have. Maybe they did a brain scan early on and notice a lot of swelling, obviously then they put her into a medically induced coma. Possibly they've done a few scans and each time her brain is showing activity but there is still swelling, thus the reason for keeping her in the coma. Say the medical staff just did another scan yesterday or today and they see the swelling has gone down significantly and this is why they now have decided to take her off of the ventilator and do a trach. I certainly don't want to see anyone suffer or spend the remainder of their life in a vegetative state, but until there is word from the medical spokesperson, I will refrain from wishing this young lady's life away. Life is precious and her family have the right to have her in their lives. It may be a little too late at this point, but everyone deserves second chances. Too many rumours and information swirling around without clarification and certainty. I believe in miracles and BK just may be one of them. Time will tell. JMHO for what it's worth.

But for Gordon to inherit that would depend on her having a will naming him AND a judge overthrowing WH's stipulation holding things in trust and leaving things as she choose. Could be a long expensive fight. But IMO NAL opinion, There would only be what is left of BK's personal estate and nothing beyond (ie. WH estate remaining disbursements as stipulated).

bbm

Exactly. I was not speaking of WH's Will and undistributed amts, only of BK's Estate valued at up to $2M.

~jmo~

Yes, doctors know what her body temp was when she was brought in. Even from before that - from when EMT began treating her.
Yes, blood would have been drawn and immediately analyzed.
Yes, they would know if there were drugs present - what kind and how much.
Yes, they would know if there was water in her lungs at the time of initial intubation. Or from anecdotal accounts of those who performed CPR on her.
Yes, they would have performed EEGs on her. Many of them by now.
YES, they would have performed numerous other tests on her to determine brain functionality.

Regarding family members seeing "signs" of improvement, this is a common phenomenon with families of comatose patients. There are reflex body movements and eye movements that can happen with a comatose patient. Family members who come to visit and talk to the comatose patient often mistake these reflex movements as a "response" from the patient. Unfortunately that is not what is going on.

--------------------

Legal matters: This poor girl's wealth that can be distributed is what she has now, not the potential for "future monies". If she has a will written - and I hope the financial advisors who were assisting her in managing the $2 million distribution she got from her mother's estate insisted that one be prepared and signed - then should she die her estate will be distributed as written in her will.

If someone doesn't like the terms of such a will, can they contest it? Yes, probably they can. And then you get into things like if she was of sound mind when the will was drafted and all of that. Sometimes a family member does not like what a deceased loved one put in their will. But that does not mean a court will overturn the will.

According to what has been written in the media, Whitney Huston's estate has nothing to do with Bobbi Kristina once she would die. It sounds like provisions were made within the trust that Whitney set up that if Bobbi Kristina is deceased, the beneficiaries of the trust are her sister and her sister's children.

If Bobbi Christina was close in age to the time she was due to receive another huge payout from the Whitney Huston trust, it could possibly be of benefit to a potential benefactor of her (Bobbi Kristina) will to try to keep her alive, even if on life support, until that payout is made.

Questions: 1.) Does Bobbi Christina have a will?
2.) Who are the potential benefactors in that will?
3.) When is the next lump sum payout due from the Whitey Huston trust?

If a person dies intestate (without a will) the benefactors of the estate are determined by the state laws for intestancy in the state of residency of the person who died. Usually parents and siblings come first, then it gets into grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. There are often established percentages already established within the laws.

If Bobbi Kristina is a resident of Georgia, it would follow the Georgia State laws, which would be online.

I take it to mean propofol, but maybe she is on something even lighter (like nothing because she isn't waking up from coma or is brain dead)...

Propofol is a potent respiratory depressant (as well as depressing blood pressure). A lot of ICU's use dexmedetomidine (Precedex), because it doesn't depress respiratory effort as much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexmedetomidine

Respectfully snipped to address:

According to what has been written in the media, Whitney Huston's estate has nothing to do with Bobbi Kristina once she would die. It sounds like provisions were made within the trust that Whitney set up that if Bobbi Kristina is deceased, the beneficiaries of the trust are her sister and her sister's children.

If Bobbi Christina was close in age to the time she was due to receive another huge payout from the Whitney Huston trust, it could possibly be of benefit to a potential benefactor of her (Bobbi Kristina) will to try to keep her alive, even if on life support, until that payout is made.

Questions: 1.) Does Bobbi Christina have a will?
2.) Who are the potential benefactors in that will?
3.) When is the next lump sum payout due from the Whitey Huston trust?

If a person dies intestate (without a will) the benefactors of the estate are determined by the state laws for intestancy in the state of residency of the person who died. Usually parents and siblings come first, then it gets into grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. There are often established percentages already established within the laws.

If Bobbi Kristina is a resident of Georgia, it would follow the Georgia State laws, which would be online.

WH's Will is available online. It was written before BK was born. It is clear in its declaration re what should happen to her (WH's) Estate, should her heirs (turned-out to be a sole heir, BK) die before the terms of the Testamentary Trust contained within the Will were carried-out (distributions at age 21 now done, and subsequently at ages 25 and 30 now relevant).

The beneficiaries in WH's Will (should her issue die before final distribution) are stated in the Will. I/we don't know for sure that the Divorce decree btwn WH and BB eliminated him, altho it is likely but not certain that it did (imo).

IF BK did not leave a Will, GA Law names her father as next-of-kin as bene of BK's own Estate (up to $2M) as well as to decision-making about her current medical condition.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member